Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inns - do you (Golds/Diamonds) always get your $5 pantry coupon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Per the Hilton Honors website:

At Hilton Garden Inn hotels, Gold VIP members will receive complimentary continental breakfast each morning for the member and one additional person throughout the stay and a $5.00 coupon* for use during stay at the Pavilion Pantry® (excludes alcohol) or 750 HHonors points if upgrade to a suite is not possible. *Coupon cannot be redeemed for cash.

How often do you receive your $5 pantry coupon? I'd say I receive it 30-50% of the time.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:48 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Always
Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I've never gotten one, but I don't ask. I also only stay at HGI's about 6x per year.

EDIT: Updated to add that I stay at the HGI RDU most and that they do provide breakfast coupons without asking. I think they've given my 2 bottles of water on a few occassions as well.

Last edited by omegadeal; Nov 13, 2005 at 10:58 am
Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I have received them almost every time. The last one I didn't receive was at the HGI Portland/Beaverton in June 2005.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I always got mine untill i changed my preferences from the "Hotel" benefit to the "extra points"
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:42 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by illa bells
Per the Hilton Honors website:

How often do you receive your $5 pantry coupon? I'd say I receive it 30-50% of the time.
The only time I didn't receive it is when I get an upgraded room, which often happen at the HGI El Segundo. Other HGI's have always given me the coupon.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:57 am

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Originally Posted by Junkie
I always got mine untill i changed my preferences from the "Hotel" benefit to the "extra points"
Same here. Haven't been offered breakfast or the $5 pantry coupon ever since I elected ("My Way") for the 750 points.

As an aside, I'm not sure whether that subjunctive clause at the end of the quoted HHonors term ("...if upgrade to a suite is not possible") refers only to the 750 points or to the whole sentence. Can't believe how poorly written these HHonors terms and conditions are. Look at another thread that's been deconstructing the new tier qualification system. The problem with Hilton HHonors is that they don't have a lurker here like they do at the Starwood forum who can give definitive answers to this type of questions.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:19 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I get them most of the time. I also do well on getting upgrades. I really did well at the new HGI in vegas.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:40 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Never get them. The properties I go to try and give 1 or 2 bottles of water instead.

If challenged, they will offer.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:44 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
El Segundo has always given me both the $5 coupons and the bottled water as well.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
El Segundo has always given me both the $5 coupons and the bottled water as well.
Weird. Like the other poster I haven't received the pantry coupon at this location but have traded the water few times to soda.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 6:28 am

I've never received it at El Segundo.

I was also refused the coupon (yes, I asked) at another HGI based on the fact that I was in a suite. The problem? I had booked and paid for the suite. Therefore, an "upgrade to a suite" was not possible.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Prem. Plat, AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Premier Plat, SPG Platinum
i get them about 10% of the time - always have to ask...
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:32 am

We have always received the $5.00 coupon for the pantry, plus vouchers for cold breakfast (can upgrade to hot for a small fee) and 2 bottles of water.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:51 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by holtju2
Weird. Like the other poster I haven't received the pantry coupon at this location but have traded the water few times to soda.
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
I've never received it at El Segundo.
That is weird. We're talking about the HGI in El Segundo, right? I've stayed at this property three times in the last year, and recall always getting the pantry coupons (actually two on my most recent stay as I was with the wife), as well as getting the water. I distinctly recall the last time (this last August) as I was wondering what we could use these two $5 coupons for. We already had the water. So we just ended up using them for a burrito and some snacks. And come to think of it, we were also given two cold breakfast coupons (which I upgraded to hot) as well, just as Margk mentioned.

Last edited by DoubleJ; Nov 12, 2005 at 7:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.