Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Surprised...No Hilton in the Caymans

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite

My biz is sending me down to the Caymans for a week this month (...I know it's a tough life ). I was surprised to find that there wasn't a Hilton on the main island.

Why is that? Why wouldn't Hilton want me to spend my $400/night at one of their properties vs. the Westin where I am booked now? Every other chain is there...is there some sort of history that I don't know about?
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:07 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Most chains are pretty weak for the Caribbean, Last time I checked no chain had more than 7-8 islands covered.

--
Old Apr 4, 2006, 6:24 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
Strangely though even Marriott has both a Full Service and a Courtyard there. The Ritz just opened. There are even Comfort and Best Westerns on the island. Why not Hilton? Don't know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.