Wiki Posts
Search

Are Golds ever targetted?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Are Golds ever targetted?

Why am I never targetted by Hilton for anything? Is targetting just for Diamonds mainly (I'm Gold) or is it that only US residents are generally targetted?
Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:23 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Karter
Why am I never targetted by Hilton for anything? Is targetting just for Diamonds mainly (I'm Gold) or is it that only US residents are generally targetted?
I am a long-time Hilton HHonors Diamond member who is a lifelong citizen of the United States of America.

I do not recall the last time I was targetted for any offers by Hilton HHonors.

Dont feel bad...
Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Karter
I have been a gold U.S. resident for almost 4 years now, and have been targetted one (1) time.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:56 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
I'm a Gold and was targeted last year for the double points or stay x get 1 free promo
Old Apr 1, 2006, 2:41 pm
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I am gold and live in Southern England. I have been targetted twice in 12 months, guess i must be lucky.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Gold for 3 years. In that time, nada.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 7:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Gold for several years and now Diamond, I have been targetted for exactly 1 promo with Hilton - unfortunately not the current one, which is very attractive and attainable with my upcoming stays.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 9:20 am

Programs: Marriott -Plat. Hilton -Diamond
Has anyone ever called and try to get special offer?

Has anyone ever seen an offer and wonder "Why Don't I get that?" and then call the HHonors Customer Service # and ask to register for that promo?
Old Apr 2, 2006, 9:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
Originally Posted by threedjmay
Has anyone ever seen an offer and wonder "Why Don't I get that?" and then call the HHonors Customer Service # and ask to register for that promo?
Yup, just did that tonight, got a "we'll se if you are eligable and email you back"

We'll see...
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by threedjmay
If you review some of the recent threads you will see that is one of the ways many of us are signed up for promotions. So to answer your question, "Yes".

Phone or email.
Ask nicely.
Try again if you don't get the answer you are looking for.
If you are continually getting "No's", then reevaluate how much time you want to put in to getting the promotion you are going after. Eg, You want Double Points but you will only have 1 one night stay at a Hampton Inn during the promotion time frame... and you have already spent three hours talking to HHonor's CSRs.
And lastly, review/reevaluate the way you are asking.

Good luck!

And to answer the OP, I think I was targetted for at least one or two promos when I was Gold. And for those that I was not targetted for I asked for them and recieved them. So far as Diamond I have not been targetted but for the ones I have asked for I have recieved those as well.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Another non-targeted Gold 2 stays away from DE here. I've tried the calling and asking nicely 3 times now, I don't have any more time to waste.

Does calling and calling really really work? Maybe I'm not annoying enough.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:04 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Maybe I'm the exception to prove the rule but I got the double Base points offer. I'm Gold, 2 nights from Diamond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.