Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Incidental charges in your folio always counted for HH points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat

I visited the spa at Conrad Bangkok and charged the expenses to my room. The spa expenses were not counted for HH points after I saw my points earned is obviously short compared the dollor amount spent and decided to take a close look.

Talked to CS, the answer is the Conrad Bangkok spa is not run by the hotel so the expenses are not counted for points. The CS also elaborated that the same applies to restaurants/gift shops, etc -- if they are contracted, no HH points.

Is this common or exceptions for other fellow FTers experience?
Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:42 pm

What you have described is the norm - and not only for Hilton. Hyatt has the same rules, but the advantage that they usually place an asterisk alongside any charges which do not qualify. Perhaps we could get Hilton to do the same.

I have been "burnt" several times with limo charges that I expected to qualify for points.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:08 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
What you have described is the norm - and not only for Hilton. Hyatt has the same rules, but the advantage that they usually place an asterisk alongside any charges which do not qualify. Perhaps we could get Hilton to do the same.

I have been "burnt" several times with limo charges that I expected to qualify for points.
I don't like the fact that we don't get HH points for the room taxes that get charged. It's a significant amount!
Old Apr 2, 2006, 4:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
It is quite common for services that are not provided by the hotel not to post as charges points can be earned on - this would often include hired cars, restaurants and other businesses that are merely hotel property tennants, etc. Some hotels are quite eager to allow charges - the Hilton Buenos Aires even has an arrangement with local restaurants, such as Cabaa Las Lilas, where you can charge to yor room - no points, however (I do believe the hotel wrangles a commission out of those restaurants, so I do not make use of the "opportunity.")

As for taxes not earning points (since that is merely money collected for local authorties and produce no revenue to Hilton,) that is very consistent throughout the Hilton properties in all the world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.