Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is it worth it to email hotel prior to stay requesting upgrade ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Gold

My family has 2 rooms for a week long stay at Hilton Sorrento using points. As a diamond member is it worth it emailing the hotel prior to arrival requesting upgrades ? We already have upgrade request in our comments with the reservation.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:01 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Can't hurt, I should think. Although I'd fax it instead of emailing.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why bug the hotel staff. Per HH elite T&C upgrades are "if available" I believe.

MisterNice
Old Apr 2, 2006, 1:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
If it is important to you, then go ahead...

While the T&Cs state one thing there are times when Hilton personnel make positive customer relations decision.

Depending on the property of course, but the less cookie-cutter it is the more (IMO) chance you have of receiving a positive response to an upgrade or other special request.
b
Old Apr 2, 2006, 1:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Wink Upgrade, whosa gotta upgrade...

It seems to also be conventional wisdom that a short stay is more likely to result in a much-desired upgrade than a lengthy stay.

E.g. my sister (HH Gold) snagged the great bargain price 90 / $108 at the Hilton Paris (on Hilton.com, before / after Easter specials,) but she will be staying eanrly two weeks. I'd almost bet she'd do better at snagging Lounge access than an upgrade, unless occupancy is really low (looking at current pricing, I suspect it won't be.)

She's debating whether contacting the property in advance would make it easier to get an upgrade - I personally doubt it, and feel she should think about what is most important as a perk - Lounge access, upgraded room...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.