Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bally's and Paris Las Vegas {US-NV} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bally's and Paris Las Vegas {US-NV} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:42 am

I still like the LV Paris overall, but one observation I had was a definite decrease in the amount of power/discretion extended to the front line employees. Check-in reminds me of going to a timeshare sales presentation or car rental counter, as everything was an upsell (If I recall correctly - $25 for view, $30 for lounge access, $50 for view/lounge access, $75 for LeMans Suite to $275 for Nice Suite). Last time I was there, getting my requested room type (bedding/smoking preference) was extremely difficult and had to pass through 3 supervisors/managers (each higher than the next).
Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Front Desk

Originally Posted by J0HN
I still like the LV Paris overall, but one observation I had was a definite decrease in the amount of power/discretion extended to the front line employees. Check-in reminds me of going to a timeshare sales presentation or car rental counter, as everything was an upsell (If I recall correctly - $25 for view, $30 for lounge access, $50 for view/lounge access, $75 for LeMans Suite to $275 for Nice Suite). Last time I was there, getting my requested room type (bedding/smoking preference) was extremely difficult and had to pass through 3 supervisors/managers (each higher than the next).
Yes, this tactic is still done. Although I don't mind them offering upgrades for a fee on the spot.

However, when the place first opened, you were greeted in French and even the blackjack dealers said some phrases in French. But when I checked in this past week (after waiting in the check-in line for 40 minutes), I was a little surprised that when the couple in front of me from France said "merci" to the check-in agent, the check-in agent said "huh? are you talking to me? I only know English". Unfortunately, the place is nothing more than a Holiday Inn with an Eiffle Tower out front.

In any event, I suppose I can wait for the Conrad... but I was so disappointed with the Paris, that I actually spent a majority of my time (and did most of my gambling) at the Wynn... where I'm sure I'll return on a comp'd stay.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This hotel has been rapidly going downhill for 2-3 years. This has been noted by others and written about in the press. I quit booking it 2 years ago after 3 bad meals, room billing errors, spotting broken glass in the swimming pool area etc.

MisterNice
Old Apr 2, 2006, 1:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
I'll bet that's true - only Paris has an Eiffel Tower.

Maybe you meant "Awffle?" Glad I am not the only one here with fawlty speling.

I totally agree with you - a Holiday Inn with a bit of veneer, chintz and lots of chutzpah.

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Yes, this tactic is still done. Although I don't mind them offering upgrades for a fee on the spot.

However, when the place first opened, you were greeted in French and even the blackjack dealers said some phrases in French. But when I checked in this past week (after waiting in the check-in line for 40 minutes), I was a little surprised that when the couple in front of me from France said "merci" to the check-in agent, the check-in agent said "huh? are you talking to me? I only know English". Unfortunately, the place is nothing more than a Holiday Inn with an Eiffle Tower out front.

In any event, I suppose I can wait for the Conrad... but I was so disappointed with the Paris, that I actually spent a majority of my time (and did most of my gambling) at the Wynn... where I'm sure I'll return on a comp'd stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.