Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn / Rest Stop

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2006, 1:34 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
hmmm...has this thread outlived its usefulness?

looks like we all have differing opinions on whether this is OK or not.

Just a reminder that opinions are fine, name calling is not...(not that there has been any name calling, just a preemptive warning)

thanks

squeakr
MOD Hilton

Last edited by squeakr; Mar 31, 2006 at 3:07 pm Reason: my crummy typing
Old Mar 31, 2006, 1:46 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Originally Posted by craz
Most Chain Motels have Clean bathrooms. I dont see any reason not to use their bathrooms its definitely Not for Guests use Only. otherwise there would be a sign to that affect.

Now grabing a newspaper or a cup of coffee is definitely for GUESTS Only.

A simple way around that is to ask whomever is at the desk. Then on your way out you can ask them if you can grab a cup of coffee. I have stopped Numerous times at different Hilton props as I needed to either send or read an email that someone called me about. I stop ask if they have a Biz center and show my Diamond card and ask if they would mind if I jump on for a few mins to check or send something that someone just called me about. Ive never been told NO except one time since it wasnt working. Surprise was, they said I can let you use the one in our Office. Again this was done with them knowing full well that I wasnt a guest of theirs , but they did it as a favor to a Diamond.

If I was ever turned down , I would Thank them anyway and try another place.

In No way do I feel that since Im a Diamond that ALL Hilton props have to let me use their Facilities

I have stopped in at HI's while on the road, told the front desk person I was not a guest but was a Diamond and asked if I could have the Wifi code to check email.

I've always been invited to sit in the lobby and work as long as I needed and more than once the front desk person called over when he/she had brought out fresh cookies or coffee and invited me to have a snack.

It's called servicing your best customers. ^ to the properties that get that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.