Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Correcting incorrect points due to faulty currency conversion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold

I stayed at the Stockholm Hilton in February for 2 weekend nights. Total cost was 2500 SEK (including about 400 SEK taxes), about $325. Somehow, the net folio for purposes of HH points was calculated as $35.88, which is definitely not right, and in fact, is probably about what 325 SEK, less taxes, would be in USD. Customer Service told me I'd need to fax a copy of the folio to them and they'd review it with the hotel. I faxed the folio early last week. When I asked the CS agent how long it would take for this review, she said she didn't know. I wouldn't normally be too concerned, but I was hoping to use points to book a reward stay for which I need about 2000 more points -- points that I presume will appear in my account upon completion of the review. For those of you who've suffered similar snafus, how long did it take to get things straightened out? Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:54 pm

I have been told several times that there is a backlog of about two to three weeks with retrocredits resulting from faxes.

I have never found a way around this.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I have always found that contacting the hotel directly saves a lot of time. In a situation where the mistake originated from the hotel, an email usually result in a correction sent to HHonors in a matter of days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.