Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do hotels know our status?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, Choice Diamond, Priority Club Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Ah, but does it show the Rolling Tier and EXPLAIN it?
Unless they have several hundred Cray supercomputers working under the front desk, not a chance.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:55 am

Programs: HH/Diamond; PC/Gold; NWA/Gold
Originally Posted by DCBob
Not if you use e-checkin. The last two stays I had (in Cincinnati and Harrisburg), I used e-checkin and I did not show my credit card at all!
Good for you. The couple of times I used ECI, I still went through all the normal gyrations, including getting an imprint of the credit card made. And this at a hotel I visit 2-4 times per month!
Old Mar 29, 2006, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by HiltonGuy
What you are referring to is "OnQ". OnQ is a program developed by HHC that the hotels use as their in-house system. It recognizes returning guests as well as those who have never stayed at that particular brand before (Ever heard "Welcome to the Hampton/Homewood/Embassy etc brand" ????).
It was probably OnQ. It looked like a very old DOS application though.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'll mention the time that I made a reservation as a gold and was told by the clerk (DuPont Circle Hilton, DC): "I'm sorry, but the system shows you as Blue [so no breakfast for you!]." He relented only when I physically produced the gold card. From then on, I have made a point of bringing it.
I was rather startled last week when the check-in clerk greeted me with: "Welcome back, Mr. Scrounger!" I had stayed there one night, three years earlier (HGI North @ SFO).
Yea the welcome back is kinda funny, I am sure the hotels just keep records. I am sure there are some hotels where they actually do recognize me but most of the time I doubt it.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Ah, but does it show the Rolling Tier and EXPLAIN it?
If Hilton trained their people to understand the Rolling Tier then they would quit their hotel job and get a higher paying job .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.