Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Great theory but you got it backwards
The $15 or whatever is piad by HH TO THE PROPERTY

Give it another try

mike
OK, I stand corrected, but if that's the case, then why is this happening so often? Why would the hotel charge me $20/night on an award stay, tell me it was an error when I questioned the charge, and take it off immediately?

I have redeemed award stays with Starwood and Hyatt and this has never happened with either of them.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 7:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JerryFF
OK, I stand corrected, but if that's the case, then why is this happening so often? Why would the hotel charge me $20/night on an award stay, tell me it was an error when I questioned the charge, and take it off immediately?

I have redeemed award stays with Starwood and Hyatt and this has never happened with either of them.
Thats a question I just cannot answer but I am surprised that a number of Ftalkers have been reporting such which seems to be a more recent phenomenon. I bet its also related to the quiry IT which has been giving points for those chargebacks to HH on reward stays ( something some of us would hope they doesnt change
I have redeemed six awards within the last year and have gotten those additional points for all but one, basically over 50k extra points, I am pretty sure I should not have received (plus no unusual charges to folios)

mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.