Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors partner in Bermuda?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Honors partner in Bermuda?

When I call HHonors the agents say that there is no Hilton in Bermuda and I cant get through to their partner hotel desk. Does anyone have experience using HHonors points for a hotel in Bermuda?
Thanks so much.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by bennytma
When I call HHonors the agents say that there is no Hilton in Bermuda and I cant get through to their partner hotel desk. Does anyone have experience using HHonors points for a hotel in Bermuda?
Thanks so much.

Why is it so difficult to believe the official source?

You called HHonors, they tell you there is nothing.

Hilton.com does not list Bermuda as one of the available countries.

that would do it for me, but I guess YMMV....

What do you mean when you say "partner" property?

Can you give us one example of any property in the world, that will accept HHonors points yet is not listed on Hilton.com?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
You know just as well as I do that multiple calls to AA (and other airlines and hotel chains customer service reps) often yields different answers. I was just hoping that someone here could help me cut through that process with HHonors. Thanks anyway.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 12:39 pm

To the best of my knowledge, there is NO major chain representation on Bermuda....no Hilton, no Marriott, no Starwood....and none planned.

I believe the closest you will come to a chain hotel on Bermuda is the Fairmont (Hamilton Princess or Southampton).
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

flyerwife is right. It would be nice to have a major chain hotel, available for awards, as hotels there are very expensive.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
When I call HHonors the agents say that there is no Hilton in Bermuda and I cant get through to their partner hotel desk.
There aren't partners.

They flirted once with a partnership with Camino Real in Mexico, but that was over almost as soon as it started. And the Park Place properties in Vegas (Flamingo, Ceasars, Paris, etc.) used to participate in HHonors because there was an ownership relationship.

But now there are just the following brands:
Hilton
Hilton Garden Inn
Embassy Suites
Hampton
Conrad
Doubletree
Scandic
Homewood Suites
Hilton Grand Vacations Clubs (condos with some available for rental hotel style)

And two pseudo independents (owned and operated by Hilton USA or Hilton International, but not branded for quirky reasons):
Waldorf=Astoria in New York City
The Drake in Chicago

It's not like the airlines, with the various alliances.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 8:52 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyerwife
To the best of my knowledge, there is NO major chain representation on Bermuda....no Hilton, no Marriott, no Starwood....and none planned.

I believe the closest you will come to a chain hotel on Bermuda is the Fairmont (Hamilton Princess or Southampton).
There is definitely the Wyndham Bermuda Resort & Spa in Southampton, that should count as part of a major chain, no?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:20 pm

I stand corrected.

Still surprising that the Big 3 are not respresented there.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:34 am

There used to be a Marriott property in Bermuda (stayed there 15 years ago?) but it changed ownership. Not sure at all what it is.

There is a cool looking place for less money than the above mentioned.Not sure if it would be your cup of tea--

www.9beaches.com
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Thanks so much.
If you had ever been to Bermuda, you wouldn't be asking. It's a very small British possession and the local government is very protective of the island's small businesses. There are exactly 3 chain hotels - two Fairmonts and one Wyndham. There are no fast food outlets, except a single KFC that opened before the government banned new chain restaurants. That's right, not even one McDonalds. Kind of nice change of pace, but it can get boring there very quickly if you are interested in anything other than beaches and the ocean. Do try the local rum cake, though. It's great and comes in many flavors.

As to a place to stay, I highly recommend the Royal Palms. Go to their website for more information: http://www.royalpalms.bm/
Old Apr 3, 2006, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL-PLATINUM, HH-DIAMOND
Coming soon..........Hilton to build 5-star hotel on Ariel Sands property

see newspaper article: HGVC New Bermuda Location

One of the worlds most famous hotel brand names is coming to Bermuda to replace the Ariel Sands resort with a five-star vacation club.
And it has the blessing of Bermudas own Hollywood star Michael Douglas a member of the Dill family dynasty that has owned and operated the South Shore resort for the past 50 years. The double Oscar winner has played a part in securing a partnership with the Hilton group that could see as many as 50,000 prospective vacation club owners visit the Island during the next four years.
A scheme to create one of the premier tourism products anywhere on the planet is now in motion having attracted the backing of the Hilton Grand Vacation Club and Florida-based developer Bruce Sonneborn.
Within two years the Ariel Sands hotel and cottage colony properties will be demolished and replaced by a $170m development featuring vacation villas, a world-class spa and fitness centre and restaurant and conference centre. It will allow Bermuda to tap into an expanding community of 100,000 vacation club owners who already holiday in Hilton clubs in Scotland, Florida, Hawaii, Las Vegas and elsewhere.

Soon I'll be able to use/earn points at home!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.