Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by JunkDiver
Location was a bit off; a 5-10 minute walk to the train/subway station, but it was through a sorta shady area.

Overall, I'd want to try out the one in Old Town just for the location, but I cannot overstate how nice the Lounge and service was at this hotel.
I found a somewhat easier way to the Florenc station.

If it's during the day and into the evening, if you go to the bottom floor and out the exit, you can walk thru the small shopping mall directly across the street from the entrance. There are some shops in there like a grocery store, drug store, pharmacy, etc. Walk the hall to the end and you'll be at the Florenc station.

Not sure what time that building closes in the evening, but it's a much more pleasant walk during the day and early evening.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Superguy
I found a somewhat easier way to the Florenc station.

If it's during the day and into the evening, if you go to the bottom floor and out the exit, you can walk thru the small shopping mall directly across the street from the entrance. There are some shops in there like a grocery store, drug store, pharmacy, etc. Walk the hall to the end and you'll be at the Florenc station.

Not sure what time that building closes in the evening, but it's a much more pleasant walk during the day and early evening.
That's actually exactly what I did during my stay. The shopping center building is still open even when most of the stores inside were closed (I think I've been through it around 9:30pm?). Much more preferable than walking through the graffiti covered pseudo tunnel.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by JunkDiver
That's actually exactly what I did during my stay. The shopping center building is still open even when most of the stores inside were closed (I think I've been through it around 9:30pm?). Much more preferable than walking through the graffiti covered pseudo tunnel.
Good to know it's open that late. It was usually pretty late when we got back, so we were walking thru the graffiti zone.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire, Miles & More Senator, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by occasionally flying professor
many thanks - we arrive after rush hour so that's fine. may i ask if its possible to purchase a metro pass (1 or 3 days) from the airport?
for the record, it was very easy to purchase a 3 day pass at the airport - there is a transport information booth which even accepts credit cards. was happy to have a pass as it saved buying tickets and we took trams everywhere - as out concierge said, the magic number is 8 : goes to the namesty republik (short walk to the estates theatre for some great opera) then doubla trinha (short walk to lokal, degustation boheme and st agnes' convent for the medieval art) across the river to letna (excellent walk and view), up the slope to the Veletržní Palace for modern art, then across to the sparta prague grounds before it changes to the number 20 and takes you to the Royal gardens (back way into the castle) and down the hill to Mala Strana and even to Ujezd where we took the funicular up Petrin!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
I'm booking a trip for my parents shortly to Prague. They are wanting to see the sights, and are going for around 3 nights. They normally book a standard room, and appreciate it when they get an upgrade to the Exec floors.

They have a Hilton Gold Card.

Which of the two Prague Hiltons would be best for them? Which is best for gold card treatment etc. I've read good things about both, the price difference isn't huge so thought I would get peoples thoughts on here.

Thanks,

Last edited by lifetimeblue; Dec 16, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Ive stayed at both in October, both are nice. The one is a business conference hotel, didn't upgrade me as a diamond.(except View) The other one is a better location, especially for the parents, short walk to everything. (square, bridge ect) I liked the lounge better at the Old Town, its a smaller hotel, better location and more Suites.

Old Town is my vote, they upgraded me very nicely and service was excellent. Both are good hotels, but the folks will be in a prime location. Other one isn't far so don't misunderstand, Old town is just ideal!

PS, check the rate codes, PR13CB and PR09PN, they often provide a decent discount if available.

Everyone is a Hilton Gold these days, since you can buy it on Milepoint for 50 bucks..... experiences for Gold in the past will be changing over the next few months as they devalue Gold!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Scott Mooney
I'm booking a trip for my parents shortly to Prague. They are wanting to see the sights, and are going for around 3 nights. They normally book a standard room, and appreciate it when they get an upgrade to the Exec floors.

Which of the two Prague Hiltons would be best for them? Which is best for gold card treatment etc. I've read good things about both, the price difference isn't huge so thought I would get peoples thoughts on here.

Thanks, s
I can also recommend Hilton Old Town. Haven't been to the other though.
The location is perfect. The transfer to and from airport is very easy (CEDAZ - http://www.cedaz.cz/public-shuttle-b...gue-centre.php). The car stops right next to the hotel.
The hotel seems to upgrade golds to executive lounge access whenever possible.
And the lounge is really nice - very pleasant staff and a relaxed feeling.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond

Thanks, s
I have stayed at both hotels. I actually prefer the Hilton that is not in the Old Town but along the river. As a Gold member, we were upgraded to the executive floor at both hotels. The lounge at the Hilton Old Town is much smaller than the conference center Hilton. When we were there during Christmas, it was packed and we had to be sent to the lobby for a drink (and where there is nothing to eat, of course). There were only one or two warm food options in the Old Town lounge at night. The conference center Hilton lounge is huge. They have a wide array of hot and cold food items each evening and a full bar available from 6-11pm (while the Old Town has hard liquor from 6-8:30pm only). I have eaten the breakfast in the restaurant at both hotels, and again, the Hilton Conference Center has a much better breakfast. They have muffins and pastries and many different kinds of fresh fruit. The Old Town Hilton had very little fresh fruit and no muffins at all. Ostensibly, the Hilton Old Town is supposed to be closer. However, with the crowd along the route from the Old Town Hilton , I found the walk to Charles Bridge to be about the same length from each hotel. You can walk along the river to Charles Bridge from the the Hilton Conference Center without anyone in your way at all. If I am in Prague again, I will chose the big Hilton.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:54 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond

Thanks, s
Better is a Hilton Prague near a river Vlatava. There is a gym ,very nice pool and sauna. Gold HH member receive an upgrade.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:23 am

Thanks for all the replies! I'm still torn between the two, they both seems to have their advantages however I'm leaning toward the bigger Hilton Prague. It is marginally cheaper (using the PR11PN code), and by the sounds the breakfast is better there, as there may be more chance of an upgrade if it is a larger property.

Thanks again, s
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
It is marginally cheaper (using the PR11PN code),

Thanks again, s
Good to know that your parents work for UK Public Sector(PR11PN).....
Make sure they know what rate code you are booking under as there is always a slim possibility it will come up.

Both hotels are fine, the cruise crowd etc is at the Old Town location and business conference people at the River location. My biggest issue with the River lounge was that smoking was allowed in one of the areas and it comes across to the other area as well. You wont go wrong at either.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by shawntobi
Good to know that your parents work for UK Public Sector(PR11PN).....
Make sure they know what rate code you are booking under as there is always a slim possibility it will come up.

Both hotels are fine, the cruise crowd etc is at the Old Town location and business conference people at the River location. My biggest issue with the River lounge was that smoking was allowed in one of the areas and it comes across to the other area as well. You wont go wrong at either.
They do, and since the code is already publicly available on the forum I didn't see any issues mentioning it. We have used it many times in the past, and haven't been questions as yet. On this occasion, the Any Weekend Anywhere sale rate was coming in cheaper for the dates we were looking at anyway.

Thanks for the tip, we did end up going for the business one. One of them is a smoker, so if anything this could be a plus for them!! The Trip Advisor reviews are brilliant for it.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Hi,

I decided to book 4 nights using points and cash for my parents in May at the Hilton Prague (the one along the river). I am HH Diamond, and I used my points for this stay, therefore, my name appears on the booking but I added my mother's name on the booking as an additional guest. Also, the credit card I used for this reservation was my mother's Amex.
I emailed the hotel to ask about the diamond benefits at this property and they kindly replied that as I diamond, I will be able to get space-available room upgrade, lounge access and breakfast but only if I was coming for this stay. My parents would not be eligible to get these benefits.
Since I booked using my points and my Hilton profile, do you think they will get lounge access and breakfast ?
Thanks !
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Hi,

I decided to book 4 nights using points and cash for my parents in May at the Hilton Prague (the one along the river). I am HH Diamond, and I used my points for this stay, therefore, my name appears on the booking but I added my mother's name on the booking as an additional guest. Also, the credit card I used for this reservation was my mother's Amex.
I emailed the hotel to ask about the diamond benefits at this property and they kindly replied that as I diamond, I will be able to get space-available room upgrade, lounge access and breakfast but only if I was coming for this stay. My parents would not be eligible to get these benefits.
Since I booked using my points and my Hilton profile, do you think they will get lounge access and breakfast ?
Thanks !
Short answer, they might. But what you are doing is not the way it is supposed to be done and although many have reported success using your method, you run some risks if they insist on you being there.

Instead, all you need to do is call HHonors and tell them you want to make a gift reward for your mother and give her name and they will pull the points from your account and she will be able to check in without problem. While granting Diamond benefits to the guest is not an official T&C HHonors benefit, most gifters on FT have reported that the status associated with the account where the points came from is what is granted at the hotel.

And for one anecdote, I did this with my daughter (silver) at the Prague Hilton using my points (diamond) and she received full lounge access and breakfast and Executive floor room. No problems, one phone call.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by OB one
Short answer, they might. But what you are doing is not the way it is supposed to be done and although many have reported success using your method, you run some risks if they insist on you being there.

Instead, all you need to do is call HHonors and tell them you want to make a gift reward for your mother and give her name and they will pull the points from your account and she will be able to check in without problem. While granting Diamond benefits to the guest is not an official T&C HHonors benefit, most gifters on FT have reported that the status associated with the account where the points came from is what is granted at the hotel.

And for one anecdote, I did this with my daughter (silver) at the Prague Hilton using my points (diamond) and she received full lounge access and breakfast and Executive floor room. No problems, one phone call.
Thanks for the feedback OB one, I will definitely consider this option. Does that mean one of my parents must be a HHonors member ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.