Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:58 pm
Original Member

Doubletree Charlottesville
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:21 am

Thumbs up

Happy with the Hilton BRG program. Found Expedia.com's rate was lower than Hilton's rate by $40.0 for "Narita Hilton". Sent in claim and got a confirm e-mail response within 1 hour. Rate was adjusted and $50.0 would be in the mail.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TimC57
Happy with the Hilton BRG program. Found Expedia.com's rate was lower than Hilton's rate by $40.0 for "Narita Hilton". Sent in claim and got a confirm e-mail response within 1 hour. Rate was adjusted and $50.0 would be in the mail.
Out of curiosity, were both rates nonrefundable,advance purchase?
From what I've seen there's no way you can win with a refundable rate since sites like expedia require you cancel the day before and Hilton gives you until 4:00 pm the day of the reservation, so they allege the rates are not the "same".
Old Apr 28, 2009, 4:57 pm

Notenut:

They were both "Refundable" rates.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:39 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by Notenut
With all the frivolous and irrelevant excuses Hilton gives for denying a BRG claim, wouldn't that be a good basis for a Class Action suit?
I'll sign up to help with this if anyone is up for it. I am really frustrated with my first claim as a 20 year hilton veteran.

The excuses I got around the Hilton Stockholm Slussen were:
-The smoking / non-smoking standard excuse I see used often
-Hilton did not have the same room type available - frankly preposterous
-Rates not available at the time they investigated. Well - several hours had passed. I could not convince them to review my screen prints, they were not at all interested.

Here is the fulll story if you are interested

I was pretty fed up and asked to talk to a manager. I got a very honest reason I think today. Lorretta Anderson-Webber explained to me that the program was not set up to help the guests - it was set up to monitor the hotel revenue managers. So Hilton will be notified if the hotel is not doing its job to sell the rooms at the highest possible profit and price. This made everything clear to me - if they can't blame a manager for the problem, then they will not reimburse the guest.

This is a pretty sad way to do business in my opinion, but unless there is a group of lawyers looking for a class action, I probably won't pursue it.

So let me know.

Last edited by jdrhodes; May 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm Reason: Add more info
Old May 11, 2009, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
BRG - Property Unaware of BRG

Posted this back in January after successfully receiving first Hilton BRG only to find out upon checkin at the hotel that they were never noticed of any changes to my initial reservation - BE ON GUARD.

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for submitting a claim regarding Our Best Rates Guaranteed. We have reviewed your reservation for the Royal Parc Soestduinen Hilton hotel, as well as, the rate available on www.hotels.com. We were able to confirm that a lower rate was being offered and will lower the rate on your reservation to match the $124.89 rate (Hilton.com @Euro168)

In addition, upon check out, an American Express Gift Cheque will be sent via FedEx to:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We realize that every guest has a choice when traveling and we thank you for making Hilton family of hotels your choice. We look forward to serving your future travel needs.

PS - maybe we should start a thread similar to the Look No Further Marriott thread????????
Old May 15, 2009, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Rejected earlier this week at Embassy Suites-Chicago Lakefront.

Hilton.com rate: $159
Orbitz.com rate: $119

Excuse: The reservation booked on the Hilton website was for a king bed corner room type which is an upgraded room type. The reservation on www.orbitz.com was for an ADA compliant accessible king bed room type. Therefore, as stated in our terms in conditions, your reservation is not eligible for the Our Best Rates Guaranteed.

Of course, hilton.com website did not offer an "ADA compliant accessible king bed room type" so I selected the closest one.

IMO Hilton is missing a big opportunity here. The correct response would have been to offer to book the same room offered by orbitz at the same price - thereby saving the customer.

Instead, I will likely be going to the Westin, which is cheaper anyway.
Old May 16, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD, FB GOLD, HH DIA, SPG PLAT
Angry

Here is my new story:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...l#post11758495

anyone can help ? any ideas ? I so fed up with this arrogant Hilton guys
Old May 16, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I've said it before...

go to Marriott if/when possible. My last eleven nights have been with them. 3-4 BRG claims all approved within 1-3 hours. It's amazing how simple it is.

Last weekend I made Marriott Silver. They have promos. Just earned 1 free Cat 4 night, after 1 stay. Double qualifying nights bonus. They have Bonus Bucks. They have Cheques. Etc, etc, etc...

Of course, Hilton has locations, locations, locations...

Good luck to you all with your fights.
Old May 17, 2009, 5:07 pm

2 Claims Denied at the HGI Denver South

Excuse: Expedia requires prepayment of room costs, even though cancellation is free and is the same as the properties own cancellation policy.

Customer service...HORRIBLE!!!

AVOID HILTON, time for me to retreat back to Starwood...
Old May 18, 2009, 8:27 pm

Update on this...

Not much of a success update to my above post...but I checked the same dates for HGI Denver South today on hilton.com, the rate is magically the same as expedia, a day after my claim was denied...

this is bogus!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Update: Received the cheque from Hilton today!

"Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Not really. Customer service can make the adjustment. Since you have the approval in writing, you can go back to CS and tell them the hotel refused to grant the claim.

Thanks! I am dealing with CS now and will update how it goes. "

This is to report the updates on my last claim. The hotel cannot change the best rate gurantee rate from my reservation, so I paid the reserved rate and faxed over the folio to the same Customer Service Rep. Today I received a cheque in the mail (worths 50 Euros) of US$ 69.29! It took them exactly 3 weeks from the date I faxed in the folio as a proof.

I guess I was lucky this time!

^
Old Jun 12, 2009, 7:36 am

Who have y'all generally escalated the claims to if the first person is giving BS answers like the smoking preference is different or that rate is non-refundable (even when it is)?
Old Jun 27, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Will Hilton Honor The Best Rate Guarantee?

I'm looking for the opinion of forum members based in your experience.

Hilton Garden Inn offers a Best Rate Guarantee, that says, roughly, that if you book your reservation on their website and then find the "same accommodation" for less they will:

1. Honor the lower rate; and

2. Give you $50.

The rate on their website is $279. The rate on Hotels.com, Expedia and who knows how many other websites is $227 for the same room on the same date.

The only difference is that the lower rate is a nonrefundable rate. The nonrefundable rate is not offered at hiltongardeninn.hilton.com.

I tried both Reservations and Guest Assistance (the department that handles Guarantee claims) and asked them if we could just cut out the red tape and book the reservation for the lower rate and forget the $50 bonus. They said no, make the reservation and submit the claim.

I wanted to ask Guest Assistance specifically if they view the guarantee as applicable to this case, but they are now closed.

In your experience, will Hilton honor the guarantee in this case or will they tell me that these are actually two different rates (because of the nonrefundable component)?

I haven't made any reservation yet. I'm just looking for the best deal at this Hilton.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 5:55 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
That is an easy answer... they are not the same rate.

A discount is being offerred for the nonrefundable aspect... your rate is higher due to being refundable.

I do not see any way that Hilton would honor a BRG in this case.

The written policy is very clear on this:

You must find a lower publicly available rate on a non-Hilton Family booking channel (except for "opaque" websites) for the Same Accommodations (as defined below) within twenty-four (24) hours of booking your reservation. The term “Same Accommodations” is defined as the same accommodations at the same hotel with the same dates of stay, same length of stay, same number of guests, same room type, same cancellation and advance purchase policies, and the same terms and conditions governing the room rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.