Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Brussels {BEL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Brussels {BEL} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
... and you can split the difference, rail to Centraal / Centrale, taxi to the hotel - maybe 5 minutes if traffic is good. The rail station is in the bowels of the airport terminal, so it's easy.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
There are two Hilton's in Brussels - the one described in the posts above is South of the city centre, the other one North of the city centre, with the former being in a much nicer area than the latter.

I'd take the taxi; €30-€35 off-peak, €40-€50 in rush-hour. Biggest disadvantage are the huge taxi queues during weekday's morning (around 8:30-10:30), where wait can be up to 45 minutes. Alternatively get a limousine service to pick you up.

Train is a good option, too. But only use it during the day - the three Brussels stations are truly horrible.

SmilingBoy.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:59 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
There are two Hilton's in Brussels - the one described in the posts above is South of the city centre, the other one North of the city centre, with the former being in a much nicer area than the latter.

I'd take the taxi; €30-€35 off-peak, €40-€50 in rush-hour. Biggest disadvantage are the huge taxi queues during weekday's morning (around 8:30-10:30), where wait can be up to 45 minutes. Alternatively get a limousine service to pick you up.

Train is a good option, too. But only use it during the day - the three Brussels stations are truly horrible.

SmilingBoy.
I actually thought there were 3 Hiltons in Brussels - whatever happened to Hilton Residence (Square Ambiorix)?! Anyway, the OP specifically mentioned the "Brussels Hilton".

You're spot on on the taxi queues, though, re the train stations, I really wouldn't classify them as "truly horrible". Whilst they may lack the 'glamour' of some of their other European counterparts, they're absolutely fine (esp. Central and South), certainly for hopping on/off the metro (Midi) etc.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 2:15 pm

You can also save 20-30% on the cab if you take an 'autolux' airport taxi and upon entering ask for a return trip.

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy

SmilingBoy.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The first time I took a taxi but I now take the train to Midi/Zuid and then the Metro and a very short easy uphill 5 min walk. Usually cheaper and faster.

MisterNice
Old Jun 11, 2007, 7:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
In Brussels, there are
Hilton Brussels, 38 Boulevard de Waterloo (the OP's hotel)
Hilton Brussels City, Place Rogier 20 (walking distance from Gare du Nord)
Conrad Brussels, Avenue Louise 71 (reachable by light rail from Gare du Midi, iirc)

Scandic Grand Place is three minutes' walk from Gare Centrale (alas, departed the Hilton family)
Hilton Residence at Ambiorix 28 is no longer listed as a Hilton property

The rail stations seem to be OK, very industrial (Centrale / Centraal has some interesting statuary) if not exciting.

Last edited by JDiver; May 17, 2010 at 1:18 pm
Old Jun 11, 2007, 8:33 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Hilton Residence at Ambiorix 28 was fun - and a very nice location for a stay, if you have anything to do that's related to conferences at the EU. It is also within walking distance of some very nice restaurants indeed, courtesy the fact that EU bureaucrats do like to remain well fed. Pity it is no longer a hilton.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Thanks to everyone for the very useful input! Much appreciated.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 8:48 pm

Will this hotel (Hilton Brussels, 38 Boulevard de Waterloo) offer a diamond upgrade? Is it good? What about the lounge access? Any chance of a suite?

What about location to sights? Food?

Are taxis easy on Saturday? Or should I book a car?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 4:39 pm

Just returned from the Boulevard de Waterloo Hilton. As a Diamond, I was automatically upgraded to a junior suite and given Exec Lounge access. There was also a rubber ducky waiting in the bathtub.

It was very easy and cheap to take the train from the airport to Midi/Zuid. Then walk out of the train station to the metro (very short walk) and take Line #2 (direction Simonis) to Louise. Exit on Waterloo 4 (rather than 3) and you see the hotel two short blocks away. Including waiting time, the trip took less than an hour. Total one way cost per person - 2.80 Euros for the train and 1.50 Euros for the metro - much cheaper than a 30 Euro taxi ride.

Open bar is from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. We arrived five minutes late, but the hostess agreed to get us a free beer. We had breakfast in the downstairs restaurant and did not check out other munchies during the day.

The hotel is about a 15 to 20-minute walk to La Grande Place.

Originally Posted by PMMMColonel
Will this hotel (Hilton Brussels, 38 Boulevard de Waterloo) offer a diamond upgrade? Is it good? What about the lounge access? Any chance of a suite?

What about location to sights? Food?

Are taxis easy on Saturday? Or should I book a car?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:12 pm

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
Last time I've been at the Hilton Brussels, 38 Boulevard de Waterloo, as a diamond I was upgraded to an executive room.
I was a bit disapointed by the room and this hotel even if the staff was very nice and quite helpfull for information about the city.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Brussels Hilton is very nice with the upgrades and exec lounge assess. You can eat breakfast in either lounge or restaurant (the restaurant opens 30 min earlier) but you must be certain to remove the restaurant charge from your bill. The FD will do it in 2 min. Be certain to try the afternoon pastries. I believe the booze and wine comes out at 600 PM. Note: They permit smoking the small downstairs bar only and it aint nice.

MisterNice
Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:46 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bamboola
Open bar is from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
When we stayed there, we always stopped by the lounge for after dinner drinks as it served drinks until quite late. Has that changed?
Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
When we stayed there, we always stopped by the lounge for after dinner drinks as it served drinks until quite late. Has that changed?
The lounge is open until 11:00 p.m., but the open bar is only available between 6:00 and 8:30 p.m.

We returned to the lounge at 8:35 p.m. and the staff had removed all the beer/liquor. However, as "an exception", the staff served my husband a free beer. After that, each beer was 4 Euros.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 1:26 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bamboola
The lounge is open until 11:00 p.m., but the open bar is only available between 6:00 and 8:30 p.m.
Well then that is a change (and not a good one). We were there in the Autumn of 2005 IIRC. There were a variety of liqueurs that were available until closing. There were also several desserts available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.