Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Brussels {BEL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Brussels {BEL} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2001, 3:10 am

it's nicely (on a beautiful square) and conveniently located ( 5 min. from metro station, at the heart of the so-called "European quartee",and very close to downtown Brussels). Ther're many restaurants in the vicinity ( try, for instance, "Barbanera" for its fine italian cuisine)

LL
Old Feb 7, 2001, 1:58 am

Thanks for the comments. I have booked a room there, hope it´s gonna be nice...

niko

Old Feb 7, 2001, 2:56 am

As Jongar said, it's a residence,not an hotel. if you wish to stay in a Hilton hotel, I strongly recommend you the Conrad instead of the regular Hilton, both being relatively close to each other, but the comfort and architecture are very different.

LL
Old Nov 25, 2001, 9:02 pm

Hilton Brusseles

Any FTer stayed at Hilton Brusseles on award recently? I was charged 45 Eur/night on taxes for the free nights! Isn't free HH awards supposed to be free of taxes?
I stayed in several European Hiltons before, but this is the first time I was asked to pay taxes for the free nights.

AndrewM

Old Sep 17, 2002, 10:18 pm

Hilton Brussels Residence, Belgium

I got a stay coming up at this property. Has anyone got Golf benefits recently? Upgrade room, breakfast, etc.
Old Sep 19, 2002, 8:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Andy100:
I got a stay coming up at this property. Has anyone got Golf benefits recently? Upgrade room, breakfast, etc.</font>
Hey Andy, I was there a year ago and got nothing, neither upgrade nor breakfast. The lady at the reception told me that they try to upgrade gold (not sure about golf though...) members. Didn´t do it for me.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Airport to Brussels Hilton

Sorry, but with search being down it is practicaly impossible to look this up.

Can someone tell me what would be the most efficient way of getting from the airport to this hotel?

Looking forward to this stay! Sounds like a great property.

Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:12 am

Programs: AA lt gold, HH Diamond, marriott pl
After being on a long flight like this, a cab is the way to go for us...am thinking it was $30 +- a year ago
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Easy! Leaving the arrivals area proceed to the ATM and get some Euros... take the excalator or lift downstairs, get train tickets for the Airport Express and ride to Brussel-Centraal / Bruxelles- Gare Central. It's just a tad over 15 minutes. You can take a taxi and save some Euros, and it's walkable - but probably not with yong 'uns and certainly not with baggage. Going back, it's even easier! See the airport website below...

I think you will really enjoy the Hilton Brussels! Brussels is also well-situated for day trips to Gent, Brugge ("Bruges", but that's French and these places are in Flanders,) and Antwerp, also great places to walk and generally with good public transport.

More information on the Brussels International / Zaventem Airport Website... the Visit Belgium website... Brussels Tourist and Convention Bureau...

In the Rue des Bouchers, I'd recommend Aux Armes de Bruxelles for a good meal, and staying away from the restaurant-cum-tourist-traps with huge displays outside and shills outside trying to lure you in. Enjoy the waterzooi (chicken stew), moules et frites (mussels with the best fries in the world), the huge variety of Belgian brews...
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
JD/Krysia,

Thanks!
Who said anything about visiting the sites, this is a business trip.
Depending on my awareness state I will either do as you suggest or, if not quite awake, take a taxi.

Thanks to both of you.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 12:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by fromYXU
JD/Krysia,

Thanks!
Who said anything about visiting the sites, this is a business trip.
Depending on my awareness state I will either do as you suggest or, if not quite awake, take a taxi.

Thanks to both of you.
Unless arriving late, I would actually get the Airport "Express" to the Gare du Midi/Zuidstaation and then get the Metro to Louise and then take the 150m walk up the road, but I'm mean that way. After about 9pm at night, I'd avoid the Gare du Midi area.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel Brussels Residence?

Anybody ever stay here? I get the impression that Hilton treats it like a poor stepchild.

Still, it's all "apartments" and only a Cat 2 property.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 3:03 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Not bad. As you mentioned, the apartments are nice. Breakfast is rather light, but acceptable, there is no restaurant and no staff after 10 PM. Staff is very pleasant and the hotel has a very homey feeling. For those working with the EU, it is within walking distance of the Berlaymont. And the prices are cheaper than the main Hilton hotel in Brussels on Boulevard de Waterloo.

I will definitely come back.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Starwood-Platinum;
I've stayed there three times. Property is very convenient to public transportation (2 blocks away from metro and airport bus), four blocks away from a large supermarket, and there a number of restaurant/bars (many Italian) within two blocks (toward the subway). Price is much cheaper than any Hilton hotels in Brussells, any the suites are quite nice and large. The rooms in the front overlook a pretty park. There are nine floors and a garage in the property.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 4:57 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
If staying at the weekend, or after the 10pm, don't expect any help from the main hotel. We stayed some years ago for a weekend, had to check in at the main hotel then get to the residence. We were left short of bedding and on calling got told tough!

Otherwise it's good for families as the suites are large, have a kitchen etc plus when we stayed there was a VCR and (locked) video library downstairs. Checkout on monday showed that weekdays the service is much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.