Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for Booking Reservations On-Line: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for Booking Reservations On-Line: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2002, 11:51 am

Just by Joining Qantas's Frequent Flyer program you get Hilton Silver for life? (or until the partnership ends?) THAt seems a little unfair.

I'd imagine that you would still have to have the regular number of stays (or FastTrack) to obtain Gold.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NickyD:
Just by Joining Qantas's Frequent Flyer program you get Hilton Silver for life? (or until the partnership ends?) THAt seems a little unfair.

I'd imagine that you would still have to have the regular number of stays (or FastTrack) to obtain Gold.
</font>
I don't see why it is unfair. Nobody seems to complain about the fast tracks et al being offered to US FF members. Most QF members are based in Oz, I would expect, and there isnt a great deal of Hiltons there

Its a great programme to have as the FF miles collecting from Hilton with 1500 miles per stay rather than the 500 that most offer

You still need the 16 stays to reach gold

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave Noble (edited 04-29-2002).]
Old Apr 29, 2002, 2:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Yes papachuck don't let the no thanks dissuade you. I have had tens of thousands of hits on my comparison chart for Star Alliance and it has helped lots of people--knowing that is reward enough. If all had thanked me, my email box would have been overflowing more than it is or we would have had one of the longest threads in FT history.

But thanks for the hit--I have been away from FT for a week and just found this, registered no problems this AM. A great find! Why FT rocks.

------------------
BlondeBomber's Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart 2002
Dorian's Star Alliance RTW Price Chart
Old Apr 30, 2002, 9:10 pm

I called to be registered. No problem. But CS claimed they can not enter code anywhere in existing reservations. Still very unclear if bonus will go towards existing reservations. And I have quite a few.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 10:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Just make a new booking, make sure it is as good or better than your existing rate and then (only then) cancel your existing reservation.
Old May 1, 2002, 7:37 am

I'll let you know how things work out. I cancelled and re-booked my stay for tonight, but I can't do that for tomorrow night's stay.

I have a "promo" rate at an ES of $69 and that rate is no longer available, cheapest rate going is nearly double that now.

So, I'll test the waters w/ a stay booked in April, prior to registration for this promo.
Old May 1, 2002, 9:21 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Thanks Papachuck, It took less than a minute to sign up for the promotion and no questions asked. Thanks again.
Old May 1, 2002, 10:52 am
Original Member

That's odd all the different answers that have been given when calling the service center...

I WAS asked for the promo code (MCIN) and signed up quickly...
Old May 1, 2002, 11:57 am
Community Director Emerita

Thanks so much for sharing this. I just called 800-548-8690, asked for promotion MCIN, and was signed up. The lady was cordial and gracious; thanks to FT, I was able to give her some information about the promotion that she didn't know (the range of dates for which it is valid).

Thanks, papachuck.

[This message has been edited by SanDiego1K (edited 05-01-2002).]
Old May 1, 2002, 2:50 pm

I called to redeem a GLON for an upcoming award stay at the Prague Hilton (finally using some HH points!), and also asked to be enrolled in MCIN -- the CSR said I was ALREADY ENROLLED (!) -- is this possible?

Unless I've been sleep-dialing, I'm sure I haven't actively registered.

Lux
Old May 1, 2002, 2:58 pm

Well I hope that Points Scrounger is correct when he says.. The latter code is even better for me as I have a couple of recent stays that haven't posted; the agent said that they should trigger status as soon as they do, regardless of the actual stay dates.

That would help me, as I have a couple of stays for the end of April...smile.... crossing my fingers.

Old May 1, 2002, 3:12 pm

Programs: Advantage Platinum Pro, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I just tried to get included and was told since I was in a previous 1500 online booking promotion I wasn't eligible. So they denied me. Should I try again? Any ideas? Thanks.

Happy Travels
Old May 1, 2002, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nobody-elite:
Well I hope that Points Scrounger is correct when he says.. The latter code is even better for me as I have a couple of recent stays that haven't posted; the agent said that they should trigger status as soon as they do, regardless of the actual stay dates.

That would help me, as I have a couple of stays for the end of April...smile.... crossing my fingers.

</font>
I now have my 3 stays credited from this past weekend; status online still says BLUE. I'll probably give it another couple of days before calling HHonors about it.
Old May 2, 2002, 7:32 am

Programs: QR platinum
Received my silver card today, never stayed , have some stays later this month and in june (already booked) called last month for COP2, and was immediately silver...
Old May 2, 2002, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beepee:
Received my silver card today, never stayed , have some stays later this month and in june (already booked) called last month for COP2, and was immediately silver...</font>
Maybe the terms are different for US residents?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.