Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Regarding kids in the lounge:

We were told that kids under a certain age are not allowed in the lounge, except in one of the special "family" rooms. While that's technically true, we saw kids throughout the lounge (which has 4-5 rooms off a main hallway) and there were no problems whatsoever.

Oh, look out for CMK10 and LIHPrem, as well. Randomly ran into them in the lounge over Christmas week.

Mike
Old Jan 25, 2020, 11:21 am

Anyone been to this property recently? Wondering if the lounge has finally been refurbished. Will be headed there in a few weeks time.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by xychromosome
Anyone been to this property recently? Wondering if the lounge has finally been refurbished. Will be headed there in a few weeks time.
Nope. No one has been to the property recently. Do let us know what you find.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by xychromosome
Not open as of last week
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:37 am

Programs: TK Elite, EK Gold, ICC Centurion
At the property now...when I checked in last night, I asked if the lounge has finally been reopened after several delays. The lady at the front desk laughed, smiled and said it is opening on Valentine's Day. I said sure :-)

And sure enough, I got a note under my door a few minutes ago that the lounge is opening tomorrow morning at 6:30am.

Hoping to be guest #1 .

Originally Posted by residentx
Not open as of last week
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by avarice13
At the property now...when I checked in last night, I asked if the lounge has finally been reopened after several delays. The lady at the front desk laughed, smiled and said it is opening on Valentine's Day. I said sure :-)

And sure enough, I got a note under my door a few minutes ago that the lounge is opening tomorrow morning at 6:30am.

Hoping to be guest #1 .
Awesome, looking forward to your report
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
The renovated executive lounge is delightful. Nicely done. Entry is now by swiping hotel room card. Last evening for Happy Hour lounge was not full. Several empty tables. The usual good selection of food, red, white and sparkling wine. Breakfast fairly quiet too.

Dinner at Café@2 on 2nd floor was a disappointment though.
JJeffrey, NoY and Abidjan like this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Photos please. Thank you!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:30 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
The renovated executive lounge is delightful. Nicely done. Entry is now by swiping hotel room card. Last evening for Happy Hour lounge was not full. Several empty tables. The usual good selection of food, red, white and sparkling wine. Breakfast fairly quiet too.

Dinner at Café@2 on 2nd floor was a disappointment though.
About time. Last month not only was the lounge issue a let down but they couldn't get hot water to my room.
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:49 pm

Some pics of the new lounge for your viewing pleasure.

JJeffrey, teemuflyer and gav0106 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:50 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Hmm just curious why did they called the breakfast session premium breakfast.breakfast with sparkling wine/champagne? Hmm
Old Feb 22, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by teo1991
Hmm just curious why did they called the breakfast session premium breakfast.breakfast with sparkling wine/champagne? Hmm
I'd be OK with that..
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Thank you xychromosome for the photos!
Old Feb 23, 2020, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by teo1991
sorry, no champagne at breakfast. Nice selection of food though.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:12 am

Just enjoyed a 3 night award stay at this property. I am Diamond and they upgraded me to an 'executive king' room on the 31st floor, which they said was recently refurbished. Nice room, quiet, comfortable bed, large bathroom, floor to window ceiling window with views of the city. The new lounge was great. Food options plentiful and the staff were happy to take drink orders. Nice pool, shady in the afternoon which was a nice way to cool off after a day of exploring. Getting around wasn't too bad, elevated train not far away and cabs to anywhere in the city were 100-200Baht. Building next door had a grocery store which was convenient along with some fast food options. Would be happy to stay here again.
restlessinRNO and teemuflyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.