Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Lifetime Status: Does This Exist? Could It Ever Be Possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Lifetime Status: Does This Exist? Could It Ever Be Possible?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Well, I guess that is one way... pay $50k.

I was more thinking along the lines of "cheaper".
I don't think the majority of HHonor members have $50k to purchase a timeshare.

(I am also assuming that the majority of HH Gold and Diamonds are Gold and Diamond because of mostly business travel).
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by infinityplusone
Well, I guess that is one way... pay $50k.

I was more thinking along the lines of "cheaper".
I don't think the majority of HHonor members have $50k to purchase a timeshare.

(I am also assuming that the majority of HH Gold and Diamonds are Gold and Diamond because of mostly business travel).
I'm definitely not suggesting that people plop down $50K for status. For that much money you could just pay for all of the upgrades and meals, etc... Granted people who achieve Diamond status the old fashioned way spend a good deal of money for all of those stays as it is, though as you pointed out most are expensed for business.

However, it should be noted that you also get the equivalent of 322,000 HHonors points annually for the 14,000 HGVC points so you're NOT just paying for status you're actually buying vacation time (thus it's a timeshare). The lifetime status is a just a benefit/incentive for those who have purchased at a certain level.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 3:22 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
You also get gold honours status purchasing points in the hilton club new york.It is for 25 years which is enough of a lifetime for me.The minimum spend there is certainly less than 50K.
However their is a pay off for hilton doing this.After getting my gold card and being treated well on the first couple of uses I have switched from starwood and now qualify for diamond on stays and nights.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 6:54 am

[QUOTE=Bourne]A HGVC membership gives you lifetime status with HH.

Was advised only Silver with TS purchase
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by suzieq
Originally Posted by Bourne
A HGVC membership gives you lifetime status with HH.
Was advised only Silver with TS purchase
Any HGVC TS purchase gives you HHonors silver. Purchase of 14,000+ points (through the developer) gives you "elite" status including "lifetime" HHonors gold. I put the lifetime in quotes because it's conditioned on a number of things. First off, I'm sure terms and conditions are "subject to change". Secondly, you get the lifetime status as long as you maintain ownership interest in the purchased timeshares that got you to that level in the first place (or equivalent TS if you upgrade and/or buy other properties in exchange for the current ones).
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by drron
You also get gold honours status purchasing points in the hilton club new york.It is for 25 years which is enough of a lifetime for me.The minimum spend there is certainly less than 50K.
However their is a pay off for hilton doing this.After getting my gold card and being treated well on the first couple of uses I have switched from starwood and now qualify for diamond on stays and nights.
Definitely. They know that those who purchase the HGVC timeshares are already spending a lot of money for travel...and by giving them extra perks they know that they will probably get even more hotel travel business thrown their way as well.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:47 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jaguar99
I believe that my first Diamond card and statement was in '96 or so.

The criteria was top 1% or revenue, HHonors wide, not by number of nites or stays.
My first Diamond card was around that time, too. Maybe a little bit earlier. I'm looking at my first HHonors Diamond card (it's actually a luggage tag) and it is black with my name and address in raised letters (privacy wasn't as big of an issue back then). I moved out of that house in early 1995, so I must have qualified in '93 or '94.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Is this lifetime status awarded if you buy a resale timeshare, or only if you buy direct from the developer?

Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 4:06 pm

Programs: United GS/3MM Delta Platinum ,AA platinum,Marriott platinum,Hilton Diamond VIP,Hyatt Diamond
Believe me i tried at least 15 times. I Marriott platinum for life.
Also Diamond for the last 8years and 2000,000 points. They will not offer life time statues yet
Old Nov 24, 2005, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
The Citi Chairman card gives you complimentary HHonors Gold status, IIRC.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 8:04 am

Lifetime Diamond

Is it possible to become Lifetime-Diamond? If so, what are the criteria to get it? Thanks.

Last edited by user789; Dec 22, 2015 at 12:39 pm
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by wkeesman
Is it possible to become Lifetime-Diamond? If so, what are the criteria to get it? Thanks, Wim Keesman.
Welcome to Flyertalk. Just so you know there is a search feature on the dark blue bar above.

Why don't you review this thread.
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...light=lifetime
Old Aug 5, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Wirelessly posted (My IV to the Net: BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

For those to lazy to click the above link.

No.

Old Aug 5, 2007, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by infinityplusone
Wirelessly posted (My IV to the Net: BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

For those to lazy to click the above link.

No.

Not completely true, if you read the whole thread you can get lifetime diamond status by buying a certain level of Hilton Grand Vacation Club points.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 8:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk, wkeesman!

There has been at least one extraordinary way to gain lifetime Diamond, apparently - and it has been mentioned already. Otherwise, it's the usual drill over 12 months, and status through the April after the following. No "soft landing" either, if one hasn't been staying / spending.

Gold is easier to achieve with credit card spends, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.