Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi.

It is not bad especially if the cash rates do not include the 13% service charge and the 8%(10%from 1st Oct) tax

Regards
Tbs
Yeah, when you use points, you are effectively getting a 21% discount for the taxes and service charge. So, for an apples to apples comparison, you need to take the total cost and divide it by the point total to find your actual yield per point.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Hey everyone, I’m considering Hilton Tokyo for five nights next October/November time frame. Gold status (as of next year) and will purchase the points. Right now the points are on sale and since I’m Diamond atm (status match from Marriott) I can buy 240K points for $1200 USD plus tax.

My question would be: if the hotel will be available at 60K per night, and I want 5 nights obviously with the 1 night free. Otherwise I will probably pay cash ($200 USD) for a more budget Japanese local hotel.

Thanks!

Last edited by theOtherHolmes; Sep 18, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Hey everyone, I’m considering Hilton Tokyo for five nights next October/November time frame. Gold status (as of next year) and will purchase the points. Right now the points are on sale and since I’m Diamond atm (status match from Marriott) I can buy 240K points for $1200 USD plus tax.

My question would be: if the hotel will be available at 60K per night, and I want 5 nights obviously with the 1 night free. Otherwise I will probably pay cash ($200 USD) for a more budget Japanese local hotel.

Thanks!
Right now, late SEP 2020 is available for 70K per night. With 5th night free it'll cost you 4 x 70K = 280K. So 280K/5 nts = 56K pts per night. You should be able to make your booking within a month or so at 365 days out, so check back when you get close to that window.

<I assume you are aware of the recent devaluation of Hilton Honors when the Tokyo Hilton went from 60K per night to 70K per night.>
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Right now, late SEP 2020 is available for 70K per night. With 5th night free it'll cost you 4 x 70K = 280K. So 280K/5 nts = 56K pts per night. You should be able to make your booking within a month or so at 365 days out, so check back when you get close to that window.

<I assume you are aware of the recent devaluation of Hilton Honors when the Tokyo Hilton went from 60K per night to 70K per night.>

Thank you! At 70K a night it’s not worth it anymore...
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Thank you! At 70K a night it’s not worth it anymore...
The Hyatt across the street is typically much cheaper, so you might try that. The Costco rate works there most of the time.
Also, the Keio Plaza is 1 block SE and will be cheaper. Both properties are nice, and Shinjuku is really the best location for exploring due to proximity to the largest subway/JR station in Japan.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:31 pm

We are heading to shinjuku soon and need some help with hotels. I will be travelling with a pregnant woman and a 4 year old.
I do have diamond status and looking to use them but am torn between both hotels as they cost the same.

1) hilton shinjuku - diamond status, booking king room.
- Not sure if upgrades apply here ? Any success of upgrading for diamond members ?

2) Keio plaza hotel - premier grand king room with lounge and breakfast.
This is the same room/package - https://www.traveloffpath.com/keio-plaza-hotel/

They both cost the same.

For those who have stayed. Which would be the better choice. Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi m3seeto

The keio looks nice but as a diamond you will get lounge access anyway at the hilton and hopefully an upgrade (they are not guaranteed but if you avoid a weekend or high oocupancy dates you could be in with a better chance.

The hilton has a pool and fitness centerand is on a good location. I have not been since the lounge was redone this year but found the lounge to be very good

With the diamond bonuses I would probably go with the hilton

Regards
. Tbs
Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by m3seeto
We are heading to shinjuku soon and need some help with hotels. I will be travelling with a pregnant woman and a 4 year old.
I do have diamond status and looking to use them but am torn between both hotels as they cost the same.

- Not sure if upgrades apply here ? Any success of upgrading for diamond members ?

They both cost the same.

Personally given the choice of two, definitely go with Hilton (your loyalty matters, and there should be good chance of getting upgraded).
Although I'll go with Conrad.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
The Hyatt across the street is typically much cheaper, so you might try that. The Costco rate works there most of the time.
Also, the Keio Plaza is 1 block SE and will be cheaper. Both properties are nice, and Shinjuku is really the best location for exploring due to proximity to the largest subway/JR station in Japan.
Do you need to show ID to benefit from that rate?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Do you need to show ID to benefit from that rate?
I've never had to show any verification ID at this property. The Costco rate doesn't always work but sometimes it yields the cheapest rate. The PHT, across Chuo park, usually asks to see proof of eligibility for a discount.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:08 pm

I've never had to show any verification ID at this property. The Costco rate doesn't always work but sometimes it yields the cheapest rate. The PHT, across Chuo park, usually asks to see proof of eligibility for a discount.
How do you get the Costco rate? Do you have to start your search via Costco Travel, or is there a rate code to enter (if so, what)?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by gvaughn
How do you get the Costco rate? Do you have to start your search via Costco Travel, or is there a rate code to enter (if so, what)?
I've always just used the code (13365) but I heard from a friend of mine that the code is "COSTCO" now.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:54 am

I've always just used the code (13365) but I heard from a friend of mine that the code is "COSTCO" now.
thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by m3seeto

They both cost the same.

no suite upgrade success but bumped from up to a King Deluxe from King Hilton as a diamond.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:36 am

Hi All,

I know this question has been asked before but we are headed to Tokyo in November. The main purpose of the trip is Disney and we'll be staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay. However, we'd like to stay in Tokyo proper for the first night (and do non-Disney stuff our first two days there). For the one night, would you recommend the Conrad or the Hilton Shinjuku? This will our first time in Tokyo and we have 2 small children, 5 and 7. Because of the kids, we don't plan on doing too much - some exploring (maybe Teamlab Borderless) and eating good food. We have Gold status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.