Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lefly

Now I'm curious...
Tim Hortons of course.

My suggestion would be to use the Hilton credit for coffee and then get a breakfast to bring back to the room from Timmies. Absolutely extract the maximum value from the credit without going a cent over and stick it to the tight owners of this hotel.
Zurich, arlflyer and Lefly like this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:49 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Lefly
I will stay at this property for 2 nights near the end of February. Not pleased to discover the credit system is applied here, since it's not an US property. Also not pleased to read the credit could be just 15CAD - not even 18 - when the cheapest breakfast dish seems to be 24CAD according to the online menu.

Now I'm curious...
How was your stay? A review would be appreciated.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus
How was your stay? A review would be appreciated.
And so here it comes

The start was a bit of a comedy, really.
We arrived on a Saturday around 9pm, we found no line for check-in and the desk agent was nice. We booked a US Falls View King Room and we got one (no upgrade) and we were given the vouchers with the credit, 15 CAD per day per person not valid for Starbucks or District 11. Then we went to the room and discovered that the carpet between the bedroom and the bathroom was soaked wet.

So we went back to the front desk and we were given another room, larger, with a sofa, but a worse view. And a non-working thermostat... but since we realized the problem around 10.30 pm, and we were pretty tired (we were arriving from a DUB-LHR-PHL-BUF) we decided to deal with it in the morning.
The front desk was apologetic enough, gave us 50 CAD credit for the trouble and sent a technician to check the issue. We walked on him working in the room after breakfast, and if we understood correctly he had to change some part of the room heating unit. Anyway, in the afternoon everything was fixed and finally the room was warm.

Now regarding the hotel in general... it's quite "big" and was crowded on Saturday evening (long wait at the elevators for north tower) and at check-in time on Sunday, with the check-in line sneaking around the whole lobby and running almost to the front door. Starbuck has often a line too.
The rooms are a bit on the dated side for my taste, and for the price they charge they should think soon to renovate them. The 33 floor restaurant (I forgot the name) is a nice one, though, with a great view and nice personnel. Of course the 15CAD don't cover but the drinks from the menu, the classic English breakfast is 25 CAD + taxes, fees and tips, but at least the portions are good.
We also used the restaurant for dinner (79CAD for 3 courses, drink excluded), and it was a good one with the added advantage to see the 8PM fireworks.

Check out was quick enough and I had no problem to get the FD credit applied.

So, in the end, good service, generally nice, a bit crowded for my taste and surely on the expensive side compared to what they offer.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:20 am
jxd

Wanted to book this hotel but the cost of parking is disgusting. CA$75+taxes per night!! Valet Parking is CA$100+taxes.. Crazy!! That's what I paid for parking at Beverley Hilton. And not to mention the 11+% mandatory charge per night, which seems to be some sort of resort fee? The final straw was reading that they only provide $15 credits for breakfast instead of a proper breakfast. Decided to book elsewhere instead.
Old May 23, 2023, 7:10 pm

I'm staying here in a week, and at https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-hon...otel-benefits/ it indicates I will receive a complimentary continental breakfast as a diamond member for this hotel. How can they get away with not providing this benefit?
Old May 23, 2023, 10:36 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
I'm staying here in a week, and at https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-hon...otel-benefits/ it indicates I will receive a complimentary continental breakfast as a diamond member for this hotel. How can they get away with not providing this benefit?
Because Hilton lets them get away with it
Old Jun 16, 2023, 9:26 am

I thought I would report back on my stay. I should have done what was advised by others and not stayed here even as a Hilton Diamond member.

First, it did not start out well. For online check-in, there were at least 90-100 room upgrades available at a cost on the higher floors. I did not bite thinking with that much availability, I would get an upgrade to a room with a view of the falls on a high floor. Well, that was wrong. At check-in I was given a falls view room on a low floor and advised there were no other rooms available, which seemed hard to believe. But technically I did get an upgrade.

I then inquired about the free Continental breakfast, even showing them a screenshot the Hilton web site showing I would receive this benefit for my stay. They advised that a Continental Breakfast was not available on the weekends. Well that was a lie. There was a Continental Breakfast option right on the menu for ~$19 USD. All I got was the ~$12 USD credit instead. They also gave me expired coupons to Applebees and somewhere else I can't remember (the expiration was 12/31/22).

I booked the hotel in part because of the pool overlooking the falls. While that pool was nice, the experience was overall poor because they had decided to shut down the larger and more friendly kids pool in the same area, which forced everyone into the relatively smaller falls view pool and it was very crowded.

I ended up filing a complaint with Hilton corporate over the breakfast. I had taken pictures of the vouchers, the cost of the breakfast, and the screens from the Hilton web site. They ended up contacting the hotel and required them to refund me two breakfasts (me and my companion) and also gave me some points as a gesture of goodwill. I was very happy with how Hilton corporate handled it.

Its too bad. This could be a very nice hotel, but it sure seems like they are geared to take advantage of Diamond members rather than actually extending benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.