Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Blackpool {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Blackpool {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arrow Hampton by Hilton Blackpool {GBR}

just noticed this new edition to the Hilton portfolio on new south promenade Blackpool , has been added to the selection whilst doing a uk search of the Hilton website.....not much details at present but I'm sure more information will follow.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:45 pm

They have taken their time loading it into the system. I past it the other day and I’d imagine the handover will be within the next eight weeks or so.

It’s at the opposite end of town to the Hilton and is a five/ten minute walk from the Pleasure Beach. Tram stop opposite and from observation a decent sized car park.

Management recruitment was done at the end of last summer and it will be managed by interstate who operate quite a lot of the UK Hamptons.

Picture of the building attached but not much to show at show at the moment due to all the covering.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:29 pm

15th July looks like the first date with rates available in the system.

Reward nights seem seem to be topping out at 30k from what I’ve looked at.

Last edited by chrism20; Mar 28, 2018 at 12:29 pm Reason: typo
Old May 25, 2018, 4:41 am

Now officially open.
wizla likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:22 am

£12 a night to park by the looks of things.

Seems extremely high when you can park on the surrounding streets for free. Can’t blame people for doing it but it looks like it’s causing some havoc.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Staying here tonight - will report back
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:32 am
cjd

Originally Posted by holmedown
Look forward to your report. Staying there in October.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cjd
Look forward to your report. Staying there in October.
Me too, I would be interested to know, I have a potential gig on the horizon in Blackpool late November so may base myself here.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:53 am
Original Poster

How was your stay ?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
How was your stay ?
Unfortunately due to other circumstances didnt make it - the good and the bad:
Good -
was a points & cash booking - didnt know couldnt make it till after cancellation time.
Contacted through facebook messenger and advised too late to cancel and they were full following night - but did contact me later int he day to say was now a vacancy the following night but was too late for me as made other arrangements ( but did think that was good of them as were offering to refund the points part if I booked the next day cash)
however..
Bad - my credit card shows full price room for that night (which was more than the original night full price when I booked - but had gone up since) - when I booked it was a lot cheaper (long way out) - originally it showed just the £42 ? of the points / cash - and now shows £144 - I have asked them to look into it but no response so going through credit card company now.

Must say though - apart from the last paragraph above I was quite impressed with them phoning me a couple of times to see if they could help.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately due to other circumstances didnt make it - the good and the bad:
Good -
was a points & cash booking - didnt know couldnt make it till after cancellation time.
Contacted through facebook messenger and advised too late to cancel and they were full following night - but did contact me later int he day to say was now a vacancy the following night but was too late for me as made other arrangements ( but did think that was good of them as were offering to refund the points part if I booked the next day cash)
however..
Bad - my credit card shows full price room for that night (which was more than the original night full price when I booked - but had gone up since) - when I booked it was a lot cheaper (long way out) - originally it showed just the £42 ? of the points / cash - and now shows £144 - I have asked them to look into it but no response so going through credit card company now.

Must say though - apart from the last paragraph above I was quite impressed with them phoning me a couple of times to see if they could help.

Oh ok...... sorry to hear this, it does seem that they try to interact, However you don't need the hassle of them overcharging and having to deal with this......I guess a bitter/sweet conclusion.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:33 am
cjd

Had a one night stay here last Thursday night. Booked Queen Family Room the previous day, which was the cheapest room available at £60 advance purchase rate. Upgraded to Queen Family Room with Sea View. Surprised that advance purchase rate available day before arrival. Car park was £12 for the night and is monitored by ParkingEye, who don't have a very good reputation. You have to enter your name and registration details on a seperate ipad upon checking in, otherwise they will fine you, even if the hotel has charged you for the parking! Upon arrival at about 7pm, there were no spaces in the street outside the hotel where you can get free parking. This was mentioned in the newspaper article posted by chrism20 in post no 5 of this thread. There were about 4 or 5 spaces in the hotel rear car park, but I imagine these normally fill up quite quickly. Next door to the hotel, there is a large council car park, which also charges £12 for 24 hours parking. However, for longer says, the rate decreases considerably and is £14 for 48 hours, £17 for 72 hours and £20 for 96 hours. This could be a better option for longer stays or if hotel car park is full.
Check in was straight forward and given details about breakfast. Room was on the top floor(3rd floor) and was standard Hampton room. This room also had a sofa bed if required. Bed was comfortable and slept well. Heard the trams going by, but didn't seem as noisy as I remember them at the old Hilton. 2 bottles of water given. Safe was in one of the bedside cabinets. Bathroom reminded me of Hampton Liverpool Airport with the standard walk in shower cubicle with rounded half glass panel, good shower pressure and refillable soap and shower gel dispensers.
Downstairs on the ground level, there was a bar, lounge sitting area and dining area for breakfast. They also served bar meals which seemed to be keeping them quite busy. Breakfast had a limited selection as normal in Hamptons and included cereals, fruit, cooked meat and the usual sausage, bacon, beans, potatoes, and scrambled egg. All quite tasty.
Pleasant stay, especially for £60. Notice that it's full most weekends during illuminations and the price even gets up to £166, which I personally would not pay. After the illuminations, I see that on some nights, it gets down to a bargain pre-paid rate of £44 in November. Back again in 3 weeks.
wizla and hugolover like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:42 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Stayed for 2 nights. Paid £110 per night which was on par with rates at other hotels at the time of booking.

Arrived at night and parked on the main promenade a few seconds walk from the hotel entrance. This is free between 8pm and 10am daily. At breakfast spaces became available on the crescent so I moved the car there. If there were no spaces, I would have moved the car to Clifton Drive and Harrowside West, which are closer to the hotel entrance than the ends of the crescent.

On the first night the property was completely full so no upgrade was offered from my room with hotel carpark view (and the carpark was also completely full). A sea view room was offered for the second night but I preferred not to move my luggage, and did not spend any significant time in the room in any case.

Room exactly the same as many other Europe Hamptons, hairdryer was partially melted, other fixtures still in good condition. Light switches non-intuitively positioned meaning that I woke my wife up when needing the toilet overnight.

Breakfast pretty standard except that there seems to be a problem with the dishwasher. Over half of new plates were dirty including dried bits of old food stuck on or sticky. Tried to make a waffle but the batter mix did not seem to be made correctly as the result was a floppy soggy mess. Didn't help that the waffle maker did not close fully and was squirting the mix out like a water pistol until it had solidified.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Successfully conducted my business in Blackpool during the rain then enjoyed the beaches for a bit after the sun came out. No desire to return again.
wizla and chrism20 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 5:55 pm

Plans to add another 74 bedrooms have been given the nod and will bring this property up to 204 rooms.

To get planning permission the hotel have had to agree to fund (£10k) a residents parking permit scheme which will mean that guests will no longer be able to park in neighbouring streets.

The hotel car park will also be increased from 34 to 86 spaces.
wizla likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:23 pm

Just seen this hotel posted some photos of the new style rooms in the upcoming extension which is under construction, have to say they look quite nice for a Hampton! There will also be additional gym space and a second breakfast area for grab and go breakfasts apparently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.