Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris {FRA} (France) (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris {FRA} (France) (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 5:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Hilton Arc de Triomphe hotel
51/57, rue de Courcelles Paris, 75008, France
Telephone: +33 (0) 1 58 36 67 00

Hilton website link
Property's website link
Link to Google maps with location marked

General Manager: Geraldine Dobey
Personal Assistant to the GM: Mira Kirev
Guest Relations Manager: Quila Hingrai

We just had a very nice stay and met / spent some time with the bamboolas, who kindly invited us to their 7th floor room with balcony to watch the Bastille Day fireworks over the darkened Eiffel Tower. Photos linked to hotels-rates.com pages.

Getting there: From CDG, PIJD in the other property (non-review) thread states "Taxi from CDG including tip and luggage was 55 Euro, going to the airport from the hotel 50 Euro. Of course coming in it was a Sunday and we left on Bastille day so traffic was not bad both directions."

We used the comfy, air conditioned Air France "Les Cars" No. 2 bus/coach (€15 single, €25 return online, 10% more purchased as boarding, half price for children). The bus leaves from several locations (Gate C2 between Terminals 2C and 2A in our case) and makes one brief stop at the Convention Centre / Porte Maillot before stopping at avenue Carnot and the Etoile. From here it's a cheap taxi ride (about €5) or a ten minute walk down avenue de Hoche to the gates of Parc Monceau, take a right on rue de Courcelles and a block further is the hotel on your right. Doable with a wheeled case, but note there is some crushed granite and a few cracks in the sidewalks.

Not so good if traveling with more than wheeled baggage, though a taxi from L'Etoile stop to the hotel is under €10 iirc.

Les Cars Air France route map

We took nearly 1.5 hours from airport to Etoile because of horrible traffic and some construction on the Peripherique, and a half hour to the airport on a Saturday morning. This route is much more sensible than taking the Roissybus to Opera Garnier, but allow some slack time for traffic, depending on day and time. The bus is fairly comfortable, though leg room is lacking in most seats, and has underdeck luggage storage (they handle the luggage) and two "pens" on board for smaller luggage (e.g. if it can be taken into an aircraft cabin, it will fit here).

Hilton Arc de Triomphe Lobby

Arrival was uncomplicated if somewhat early - we were advised to go to the Executive Lounge whilst they put our room on priority for housekeeping and enjoy some beverages and light snacks, and we did. We were checked in there, and found the staff most helpful - but do not ask for help making bookings or arrangements, as they are prohibited from doing so and doing the job of the concierge desk downstairs. The Executive Lounge is open extended hours and is on the sixth floor (card key required for access to the floor from the lift). It is comfortable, doesn't have much in the way of views, has a balcony for outdoor eating as a smoking area. It can get quite crowded here - we had some folks who seemed famished and ate, ate and ate some more (if they allowed people to take out items, it would be picked clean!)

Executive Lounge

Lounge hours:
0700 - 1030 buffet breakfast
1200 noon - 1500 / 3 PM Snacks, coffees, wines and beers
1500 / 3PM - 1800 / 6 PM tea time with pastries, coffees, teas
1800 / 6PM - 2100 / 9 PM hot and cold snacks, wines, beers, liquors, coffees, teas, soft drinks
2100 / 9PM - 2300 / 11 PM chocolates selection, coffees, teas, soft drinks

At least during summer, there is a Family Lounge set up on the ground floor in two of the adjacent function rooms - they do not scrimp and there are snacks and beverages, as well as a nice play area for the children.

The Lounge offers complimentary WiFi, has a separate area with a television, and a variety of seating (indoor and outdoor, as mentioned previously). (Those not entitled to complimentary WiFi will find it costs €8.50 per hour or €21.99 daily.) Juliette Coste is the Executive Lounge Manager; the Lounge hosts / hostesses are helpful, warm and welcoming; other lounge staff can get behind in bussing tables due to the popularity of this Lounge, which sees a lot of turnover throughout the day.

The hotel itself is very art deco - as I understand it, the owning family also was involved in "Compagnie Gnrale Transatlantique" (AKA "The French Line") and the idea here is to enable guests to relive the the epoch of grand transatlantic vessels - the ceiling painting in the lobby actually graced the ceiling of the Normandie in the 1930s. (I am not so old I remember the Normandie, but I did travel on the CGT's SS Ile de France, which was built to the same standards and dcor, but refurbished after World War II - the hotel was definitely with some some reminiscence for me - I am "that old".)

Steamship Normandie

We were extended an invitation to the monthly HHonors member reception, held 6:30 - 8:00 PM Tuesday July 12 in the salon "Lafayette", a function room on the ground floor, hosted by the most gracious General Manager Geraldine Dobey, who was previously manager at the Hilton Paris on avenue de Suffren (RIP), also held positions at various London properties, and her management staff. (She was accompanied by her management staff and gracious Personal Assistant Mira Kirev, and they all made sure to make rounds and "work the floor". Among others, Guest Relations Manager Quila Hingrai was quite attentive and inquiring about our needs. In my opinion, this is a committed staff and they really want to make sure guests are treated well. Ex-GM Serge Ethuin went on to manage the Cavalieri / Waldorf=Astoria in Rome.)

We were given a King Nonsmoking Executive room on the Executive level, quiet and with views of the courtyard (Andalusian Patio). The room is comfortable, bathroom in marble, decent HVAC as far as we could tell, good lighting and storage space, flatscreen TV, automated minibar (move an item and you own it), courtesy Ethernet hardwired HSIA (only) by Swisscom, very good quality linens and toweling, luxurious ivory coloured terrycloth robes, slippers, Crabtree & Evelyn "La Source" products in larger size than in most Hilton properties. Turndown service included Valrhona chocolates. As it was Lady JDiver's birthday, Guest Relations also sent up a nice cake for two, Champagne and floral arrangement. Room service is available 24 hours.

Executive Plus Room

Housekeeping was meticulous - my own personal idiosyncrasy is I wish they allow guests to specify in the future as to whether we want linens and toweling changed daily (some properties do this with a tag), as IMO it's far from necessary (we certainly do not do that at home) and do think it should be an option for those concerned about saving water and energy. (Perhaps this is only the case in Executive rooms?)

The best rooms (and the Presidential suite) are on the top seventh floor - the bamboolas are repeat guests, so they had a room with balcony and view of the Eiffel Tower (distant) and the fireworks on Bastille Day, of course. If you like Art Deco, a la Hilton Paddington, you will really enjoy this property - and the service levels are really top notch. We had a most pleasant stay!

The Purple Bar offers a variety of beverages and snacks and is a pleasant place to slow down for a while. It is open 1000 - 0200 (10 Am to 2 AM).

Purple Bar

Le Safran (Saffron) restaurant offers an extensive menu and weekday buffets at lunch, as well as a "menu" (price fixe offering) and Sunday brunches. We had our choice of breakfast - Lounge of Safran. The Lounge breakfast is quite adequate, in my opinion, and the Safran breakfast is quite opulent. Open 1200 - 1500 (3PM) for lunch, 1830 - 2300 for dinner, 0700 - 1030 AFAIK for breakfast.

Safran restaurant

Merci beaucoup et flicitations pour un excellent htel et l'attention porte aux clients.

Nearby dining: Le Parthenon across the street is a decent and economical "fast food" kind of place for a quick, informal munch, ranging from confit of duck and frites to a hamburger.

We agreed to dine at Il tait un oie dans le Soud Ouest, a reasonable walk from the hotel, but they were closed for the La Fte Nationale. Ah, well... so we booked Bistro 17me at 108 avenue de Villiers (17me arrondissement, natch), easily walkable (left on rue de Courcelles to the circle at Place du Marchal Juin, second street on your right is Villiers). Google Maps directions via Courcelles and Wagram here. Call 01 47 63 32 77 to book.

Bistro 17me for €42 per person (all included, see English PDF here) allowed us to select from 9 each entres (starters) and main dishes, 11 desserts, and they gave us a starting glass of sparkling wine - coffee was also included. More on their website here and in my more extensive post in the France Forum here; they are part of a chain of seven that have the same offer. Good food and a good value in Paris! ^

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 22, 2012 at 12:37 pm Reason: update, etc.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:28 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Review coming - we had a very nice stay and met / spent some time with the bamboolas, who kindly invited us to their 7th floor room with balcony to watch the Bastille Day fireworks over the darkened Eiffel Tower.

We agreed to dine at Il tait un oie dans le Soud Ouest, a reasonable walk from the hotel, but they were closed for the La Fte Nationale. Ah, well... so we booked Bistro 17me at 108 avenue de Villiers (17me arrondissement, natch), easily walkable (left on rue de Courcelles to the circle at Place du Marchal Juin, second street on your right is Villiers). Google Maps directions via Courcelles and Wagram here. Call 01 47 63 32 77 to book.

For 42 per person (all included) Bistro 17me allowed us to select from 9 each entres (starters) and main dishes, 11 desserts, and they gave us a starting glass of sparkling wine - coffee was also included. More on their website here and in my more extensive post in the France Forum here; they are part of a chain of seven that have the same offer.

Good food and a good value in Paris! ^
Strongly agree!! It is fun to go with Americans and see the bemusement on their faces as people in Paris show up for dinner at 11pm.

You should always book Bistro 17th.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:55 am

Housekeeping was meticulous - I only wish they allow guests to specify in the future as to whether we want linens and toweling changed daily, as IMO it's far from necessary (we certainly do not do that at home) and do think it should be an option for those concerned about saving water and energy. (Perhaps this is only the case in Executive rooms?)
We thoroughly enjoyed meeting the JDivers and appreciate their letting us tag along to dinner at Bistro du 17e.

As for the linens, we were still in our room when housekeeping knocked one day. We invited her in to clean the room. When I saw her changing the sheets, I stopped her. However, she explained that she was only changing the pillowcases - required to be changed daily. She said that sheets were changed every other day.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 3:49 am

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, HH Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold, ex-BA Exec Club Gold
thinking of booking a (romantic) reward stay, does anyone know the GM's name or even email address by any chance?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:01 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I thought that I had a card, but it was from the Waldorf, London.
I did find an e-mail [email protected] with Vandana (ext 6706) written on it. They did have a managers reception and am not sure who it was from.

Not very helpful, I know, but better than nothing.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:24 am

Just returned from a stay there. The GM's name is Mira Kirev [email protected].
Old Jul 22, 2011, 5:39 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm heading to Paris this evening and staying in the hotel for the first time. It was a toss up between this one and the Trianon Palace, which we stayed in recently. Went for this one because of location, so looking forward to seeing if I made the right choice!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I'm heading to Paris this evening and staying in the hotel for the first time. It was a toss up between this one and the Trianon Palace, which we stayed in recently. Went for this one because of location, so looking forward to seeing if I made the right choice!
I think you will enjoy it - I always have. I have been there twice already and going back next week for my third visit.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:29 am

The monthly HHonors cocktail reception was on Tuesday, July 12 6:30 - 8:00 PM in the salon Lafayette on the ground floor. Management personnel were in attendance and General Manager Geraldine Dobey (previously of the recent Hilton on ave. Suffren) was in attendance. Ms. Kirev is actually the Personal Assistant to Ms. Dobey ("Personal Assistant" is her official title).

My report of last week's stay is in this property's trip reports thread, here.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 13, 2011 at 9:37 am Reason: add
Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:04 am

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire, Miles & More Senator, Hilton Honors Diamond
first impressions

have stayed at all the other hilton paris properties (including the late lamented rue suffren) and was at the ADT for the 1st time last week (honored to have perhaps passed J Diver in the lobby!).
on the plus side, the rooms are large by Paris standards (I have been in disgracefully tiny rooms at the Lutetia) and well appointed
but by global standards, the service and lounge whilst pleasant, are not exemplary and I am looking forward to the Conrad HK next month....i also had a HVAC which buzzed every 4-5 min and could not be rectified
appreciated the proximity of the parc monceau as well as the delightful musee jaquemart-andre but the real surprise for me was the lovely church of St Philiipe du Roule which is a short stroll away.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:35 am

I thoroughly enjoyed sipping Pommery champagne and munching on fried shrimp with the JDivers at the reception.

According to the bartender, the receptions are usually held at the beginning or the end of the month - depending on conference room availability. If the conference rooms are already booked, then the reception is moved to a different date.

This is the first time that I've been at the ADT during a reception and really enjoyed meeting Geraldine Dobey, who obviously cares a lot about customer service. I don't believe any other Hilton regularly sponsors such receptions for its "most loyal guests."

The monthly HHonors cocktail reception was on Tuesday, July 12 6:30 - 8:00 PM in the salon Lafayette on the ground floor. Management personnel were in attendance and General Manager Geraldine Dobey (previously of the recent Hilton on ave. Suffren) was in attendance.

My report of last week's stay is in this property's trip reports thread, here.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
Nights at the Hilton ADT at 105,000 pts/night?

Booking with Hhonors points is new to me, but I thought that the Hilton ADT was a 50,000 Hhonors point/night hotel. When I look it up for next June, it is saying that each night will be 105,631 points. Am I doing something wrong? (I had been thinking of converting Amex points in order to book, but no way can I afford that point level!)

Thank you for any help!

Edit: I just called Hhonors and yes, this is the new point level for ADT. Crazy!!

Last edited by onetess; Jul 23, 2011 at 1:11 pm
Old Jul 23, 2011, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
A premium room, perhaps?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...oint-cash.html
Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:06 pm

The Hilton Arc de Triomphe is a Category 7 property, and costs 50,000 points per night (unless one uses a VIP / GLON award, or an AXON award as we did last week, for 145,000 points). It's likely you were given a price for a room above standard, and if you try to book online or call, you should be given the usual 50,000 points per night (standard room) as usual. If there is no standard room available, the 50,000 points standard room may not show up - call, or perhaps check other dates, change dates and plans.

Last week, we were given the courtesy of an upgrade to a King Executive Plus room - this is one place you would rather have status when you arrive - we don't know whether you have any status with HHonors, and if not check the MVP thread.

Just checking right now, it comes up for for me (but perhaps not the same dates / month as you checked) as

50,000 POINTS
KING GUEST ROOM
STANDARD ROOM REWARD
BLUE, SILVER, GOLD, PREF.GOLD; STANDARDS POINTS PER NIGHT VIP

As well, several options are offered, including:

108,984 POINTS
DBL DBL GUEST ROOM
PREMIUM ROOM REWARD

105,631 POINTS
KING GUEST ROOM PLUS
PREMIUM ROOM REWARD

112,338 POINTS
KING DELUXE ROOM
PREMIUM ROOM REWARD

119,044 POINTS
KING DELUXE PLUS
PREMIUM ROOM REWARD

132,458 POINTS
KING EXECUTIVE
PREMIUM ROOM REWARD

145,871 POINTS
KING EXECUTIVE PLUS
PREMIUM ROOM REWARD

etc.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 23, 2011 at 6:27 pm Reason: add
Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
I suppose, but there aren't any "regular" rooms available! Does someone else want to check and see if I missed something? They told me when I called that "the new price in points" is over 100,000 per night. Doesn't seem right obviously.... This whole points thing is so hard to navigate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.