Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Looking to consider booking 3 nights at this property through FHR. Is it still worthwhile without Diamond status? I'm only gold.

Alternative was to book 3 nights at Prince Gallery Tokyo Kiocho via STARS rate, while holding Platinum status. (price is roughly the same as Conrad). I'm told the hard product here >>> Conrad while everything else is better at the Conrad. My only gripe is all the stellar reviews of the property I've read were from people holding Diamond status! I won't have lounge access nor suite upgrade if booking through FHR with just Gold status... so wondering how much that matters.

Thanks in advance1
Old Sep 13, 2022, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
My own thoughts are that Kiocho is about equivalent to Conrad in terms of overall hard product. If we were also adding in the Executive Lounge, then I would give the hard product nod to the Conrad.
mynameisdmoon likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 4:04 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
Looking to consider booking 3 nights at this property through FHR. Is it still worthwhile without Diamond status? I'm only gold.

Alternative was to book 3 nights at Prince Gallery Tokyo Kiocho via STARS rate, while holding Platinum status. (price is roughly the same as Conrad). I'm told the hard product here >>> Conrad while everything else is better at the Conrad. My only gripe is all the stellar reviews of the property I've read were from people holding Diamond status! I won't have lounge access nor suite upgrade if booking through FHR with just Gold status... so wondering how much that matters.

Thanks in advance1
With HH Gold status, you'll get free breakfast but no Executive Lounge, and an FHR booking will get you a room upgrade but usually not to a suite. Do you get upgraded to a suite when you book a STARS rate at PG Tokyo Kiocho as a Platinum member? I doubt that a suite upgrade is guaranteed with STARS and Platinum. Whenever I book the Conrad with FHR, I always get upgraded from a City view room to a Bay view room, which is a very decent upgrade considering the view. Of course, you could book an Executive Room, which would give you lounge access but you'll pay more.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
I won't have lounge access nor suite upgrade if booking through FHR with just Gold status... so wondering how much that matters.
I don't know why I forgot to mention this, but you could book a room one category below an Executive Room with FHR, which should get you upgraded to an Executive Room and free lounge access. It would be cheaper than booking an Executive Room directly.
The _Banking_Scot and Yura like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by mrahul
Appreciate the links.
Looks like its better to book through the hotel directly if we want the benefits.
late to the conversation here but in addition to FHR i'd also look for a travel agent who can book using the Impressario (or similar programme) rate - In my experience, these rates are considered a direct booking with the hotel which will earn status and points and similar benefits as FHR (minus the guaranteed late check out). I read from the Luxury Hotel subforum that bookings on the hotels own programme rates will be prioritised for upgrades before Amex FHR bookings but my own experience (only done it once so far) was that I didn't receive an upgrade at the last Conrad I stayed at, but this might be because I already booked a suite and the next room category up is not upgradable.

As an example, I'm booked in for Conrad Tokyo March 2023 during cherry blossom season (fingers crossed Japan reopens to Pre-Covid entry requirements by then) and my travel agent's quoted price was about $1,500 AUD cheaper than the Amex FHR rate for a 5 night stay in a corner suite. Only difference between the benefit was that I get $100 USD hotel credit as opposed to $125 USD, and no late checkout. I thought it might have been a mistake and asked him to double check this but he confirmed it was the right rate that he was seeing. It's possible that there's been a pricing error but for $1,500 AUD i'll take that chance.

You can find TAs in the Luxury Hotel forum or I could refer mine to you if want.
Cynicor and Yura like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:11 pm

There’s stay 4 pay 3 with impressario so that would account for some difference
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:55 am

Perhaps due to Japan not yet being formally open, the rates for my stay in early December (on anticipation of things opening up) are excellent, especially in conjunction with the fourth night free Impressario promo - 37k JPY plus tax for a City Suite, and 25k JPY plus tax pn for the base room.
Steve P. and Cynicor like this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 11:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Does anyone have an email adress of the hotel? Sent two mails to their email [email protected] but have not got a reply. I also used their reservation email [email protected] but also not reply.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:01 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Just a data point for you guys:

I stayed at the Conrad Tokyo a couple of months ago with Diamond status. I arrived at around 7:00 AM and the hotel would not let me check in early even though my room was ready. They wanted to charge for an extra night which I declined. I did get upgraded and they gave me free breakfast for the day I was checking in since the lounge wasn't open for morning service. They finally let me check in at around 11:00 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:08 am

7 AM is pretty early. And this doesn't' surprise me, knowing Tokyo/JPN hotels. Some will hold everyone off until check in time, and only then start processing checkins. So the pile of people in the lobby can be insane on peak days.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:09 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by Enskie
Does anyone have an email adress of the hotel? Sent two mails to their email [email protected] but have not got a reply. I also used their reservation email [email protected] but also not reply.
Try this one -

[email protected]

Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Have booked a 5 night stay here in early Nov ( first 5 nights at the Hilton in Shinjuku) cost was only a few thousand Yen more than hilton ( now a much higher price)- paid Y37k per night now Y47k ( and the week before Y57 k). Just booked a city view room.

Will report during my stay. During my previous visits I just had breakfast in the lounge but looking forward to the Cerise breakfast.

Regards

TBS
hailstorm and Nagasaki Joe like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 8, 2022 at 8:38 am
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:58 pm

(deleted)

Last edited by ichigen; Oct 2, 2022 at 10:00 pm Reason: posted to wrong hotel thread
Old Oct 16, 2022, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Do you know if the Conrad Tokyo charges an early check out fee please?

Had booked the 5 night stay ( Sun-Fri) at Y37 k but due to the flight prices from europe, have to leave on Thursday ( extra £2k to leave on Friday). Room rates now Y67k per night ( twin city view) so would be paying an extra Y100k by changing to a 4 night stay.

I will just mention it at check in ( don't mind paying for all 5 nights if needed)

Rates are going up quickly ( for the 1-6 Nov rate is Y77k per night ( staying at the hilton for Y30k)

Many thanks

TBS

Just leaving a few days too early as a lot of the winter illuminations start on 10th or 11th Nov ( ie Tokyo dome city etc) but saw them in 2019 and planning on going to the tokyo Mega illumination at Oi racecourse ( get there at opening time of 1630 and get back to the conrad for the last of the evening snack hours ( 8pm i think) in the executive lounge

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 16, 2022 at 12:13 pm
Old Oct 17, 2022, 2:29 pm

I think early departure fee typically only applies if you want to cancel/refund the rest of the stay.

In your situation, I would probably just settle the bill on the previous day, leave the room empty, then call them the next day to process the check-out. That way, you should also get HH credit for the final night.
The _Banking_Scot and Cynicor like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.