Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2002, 10:55 pm

There is a lounge, although when I stayed there in November it was closed.
Old Oct 8, 2002, 11:38 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Any recent experience at this hotel?
Old Jan 26, 2003, 4:54 pm

LA Hilton- Universal Studio

Has anyone stayed here recently?

Last edited by goingnow; Mar 9, 2010 at 9:02 am
Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:07 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City Trip Reports and Reviews

I have stayed there several times, including recently, and I highly recommend it.

As a Diamond member, it is one of my favorite Hiltons at which to stay in the United States. Their rooms are clean and well-appointed, with nice views from the upper floors. The staff has always treated me well, although service at the front desk when checking in may be a little slow. They have an excellent concierge level with a great selection of reading material and good food. The restaurant near the lobby has good food and good service. Best of all, their rates are usually not outrageous if you book early enough, but you will have to pay for garage parking.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:29 pm

We stayed in Summer of 02. Diamond upgrade to a corner suite (1500 sq. ft) 3 rooms, 24th or 26th floor, can't remember which.
Awesome nighttime views of the suburbs as well as Universal Walk next door. I think this is a great centrally located property if you are visiting for pleasure. I would rate this site as being in the top third of Hilton sites.

G
Old Jan 27, 2003, 4:59 am

Wow! It sounds great. It is so hard to tell what a property is like from the Hilton webpage. I appreciate your responses very much.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 4:08 pm

I remember they offer very nice buffet dinner over weekend. It has wonderful selections.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 8:40 pm
SST

As an added bonus, the hotel also has a free charging station in the parking garage for electric vehicles. I rented one at Budget LAX last week, and recharged in the Hilton. It was a great experience. Took about 3 hours to recharge a 50% discharge, so had to plan ahead.

Note: LAX to Dntn LA, to driving around Burbank, to the Hilton took about 1/2 the EV-1's charge! Was worried about making it back to LAX; no worries after. Turns out I needn't have worried: The "downhill" run on 405 from the Valley to LAX turns out to recharge the car so well that by the time you're at Sunset Blvd, you've got the same amount of juice as at the Hilton! (IE: You use 60% of your energy getting "uphill" to the Hilton, and only 40% getting back "downhill" to LAX).
Old Jan 28, 2003, 7:50 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
I can walk to this hotel from my house, so if you need additional information, let me know.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 8:47 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SST:
As an added bonus, the hotel also has a free charging station in the parking garage for electric vehicles. I rented one at Budget LAX last week, and recharged in the Hilton. It was a great experience.</font>
How much did that rental run you?

Old Jan 28, 2003, 6:12 pm
SST

It was about $54 for 24 hours of the EV1.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 5:37 pm

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Stayed there last weekend. Got a big room on 16th floor and access to lounge without having to ask (I'm Diamond). The bar in the lounge is pay at all times. I was told this is due to California State law banning the giving away of alcohol. I'm not sure how true this is as the BA Longe at LAX had free booze.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 8:44 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA AA-EXP 1MM, HH-Diamond, SPG-Platinum, Hertz-President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
Stayed there last weekend. Got a big room on 16th floor and access to lounge without having to ask (I'm Diamond). The bar in the lounge is pay at all times. I was told this is due to California State law banning the giving away of alcohol. I'm not sure how true this is as the BA Longe at LAX had free booze. </font>

This is BS. The lounge at the Hilton Woodland Hills 12 miles away has free booze in the lounge. At least they did 5 months ago when I was there.

------------------
AA PLT, UA PremEx, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Old May 22, 2003, 6:14 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
This is a bump!

I am looking for info on the Universal City Hilton or other HH properties good for a base for sightseeing in the LA area. I will be there end of June. As Diamond what upgrades are available. Thanks for all replies!
Old May 22, 2003, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Since I live in LA, I obviously haven't stayed at these properties, but I can concur that I really wouldn't want to stay at the Burbank Airport Hilton, as there really is nothing near there. I too live in this area and the Universal City Hilton is in a good location, right off the Hollywood Freeway (a rental car is a must in LA). You'd also be nearby NBC, should you want to go see the Tonight Show. And yes, Miceli's is still there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.