Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Munich, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Munich, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2005, 6:39 am

Can anyone tell me the name of the "stop," on the SBahn for the City Hilton and how long it takes from the Airport.

Going there with my wife on Monday but won't arrive 'till 9pm. Are there any good bars very nearby to stretch our legs?

Also, what is there view of Diamond member stopping on points in relation to room upgrade and free hot breakfast mentioned above

Thanks

Last edited by Geordie Colin; May 26, 2005 at 6:41 am Reason: Addition
Old May 26, 2005, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by general45
Any SBAHN train will get you to Rosenheimer Platz. I think thats all you need to know.

Thanks General45, posted another request before your reply came through
Old May 26, 2005, 9:02 am
Original Member

About 20-25 minutes to the hotel from the airport(use the S-8). By the way, the trains are extremely punctual, so if you are a minute late, you missed your train. You can use any train for destinations between "Ostbahnhof and Pasing". Here are some links to S-Bahn maps.

http://www.toytownmunich.com/archive...ubahn_map.html

http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/index.html

If you are traveling in a group up to 5 persons, make sure you purchase the group discount day pass which you may use on any mode of transportation (S-Bahn,U-Bahn,Trams and busses) in the Munich and greater Munich area.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 4:57 am

Munich Feedback

After searching the various threads on the two Munich Hotels, (City & Park), there were so many plusses and negatives for both hotels we decided to take a couple of nights in each - last week. Thanks to anyone who has posted a thread on either of these hotels - they were very useful ^ .Please find some recent feedback for any potential visitors.

I can see the polarisation in previous threads - for the City on business and the Park at Leisure. Whilst this may be the case in Summer, I think a Winter break/vacation would be better spent at the City. We had lovely weather and it was a pleasure at our two nights at the Park, being so close to the English Garden, (one of the worlds largest parks). The City, however, has a pleasant convenient walk into the old quarter and the SBahn stop beneath the hotel is really usefull, particularly when coming from the Airport.

We found the Exec lounges of both are at a contrast, with the City being the newer and more modern design. I preferred this, but my wife went for the more relaxed "lived in," feel of the lounge in the Park Hotel.

At both hotels we used points, however, the City check in was most impressive, this was at 8pm. On presentation of my diamond card we were ushered up to the Exec lounge where our registration had been fully prepared. The lounge manager invited us to get a drink whilst she arranged for our bags to be taken to our upgraded room 20yds away - effortless. We were offered complimentary breakfasts either in the lounge or hot breakfast downstairs in the main restaurant- if you decide to go downstairs, by the way, and fancy an omelette, order it straight away as we found the delay unbearable

Out of the two and it's a personal choice, I preferred the City Hotel. Despite the Park's relaxed laid back atmosphere I enjoyed the "punchy," atmosphere at the City and the SBahn stop was a crucial decider. Staff at Both Hotels were very attentive and helpful , by the way

PS and hows this for service. We bought the wrong size Bayen Munchen football kit for our youngest lad, (we live in the UK). We e-mailed the General Manager at the City who invited us to send it to the Hotel, he subsequently arranged for a member of staff to visit the shop in the City Centre where we purchased it and exchange it for the next size up. The new kit was sent and returned in a week - now that's what I call German efficiency

Last edited by Geordie Colin; Jun 15, 2005 at 5:51 am Reason: Addition
Old Jun 15, 2005, 8:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Geordie Colin
PS and hows this for service. We bought the wrong size Bayen Munchen football kit for our youngest lad, (we live in the UK). We e-mailed the General Manager at the City who invited us to send it to the Hotel, he subsequently arranged for a member of staff to visit the shop in the City Centre where we purchased it and exchange it for the next size up. The new kit was sent and returned in a week - now that's what I call German efficiency
Thanks for the report on the two hotels and yes, that is some GREAT customer service!!
Old Jun 15, 2005, 9:35 am

Programs: MMSen, HHonorsGold, Starwood Platinum
Also thanks for the reports - this is one of the strong side of this forum.
I also know both hiltons in munich - and can underline all of this report.
By myself i prefer the aprk atmosphere - especially when i get a park view room.

But every vistor, not depending in which of both you stay, will ahve great stay in munich and in the hilton. For me both belong munich hiltons belong to best hilton hotels in the world.

So enjoy your stay in munich if you plan one
Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:10 pm

I'm pitching in for the City. Prefer the modern lounge, brand new rooms, and find the staff generally better. On my last visit to the Park as Gold, clerk claimed I was only entitled to continential brekkie in the lounge. When I told her that at the City I can have hot breakfast downstairs, she asked a colleague and confirmed it was fine there too. They still tried to charge me one morning. The amenity consisted of 2 apples, and no room upgrade. I have stayed at the City maybe 10 times, and get an upgrade every time, and a good fruit basket.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 9:49 pm

Munich Park Hilton

I don't much care for the Munich Park Hilton, for leisure or business. I find the front desk staff to be cold and unfriendly, the rooms very average, the lobby and Exec lounges full of smoke (yes like most of Europe, but it seems more difficult to escape it at this property).

This is one Hilton that I can not recommend.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH SEN
Hiltons in Munich

I tried to book one night in Munich on Sept. 20 and both Hiltons are almost sold out -- all regular rooms are gone. Is there anything going on besides Oktoberfest?
Old Aug 31, 2005, 10:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
Originally Posted by Nicholas
I tried to book one night in Munich on Sept. 20 and both Hiltons are almost sold out -- all regular rooms are gone. Is there anything going on besides Oktoberfest?
...besides Oktoberfest? That's it! Party time. Most every hotel in town is sold out.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Is there anything going on in Munich BESIDES Octoberfest ?

...very amusing !!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 6:19 pm

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nicholas
Forget Hiltons, you'll be lucky to find any room anywhere in the city center without paying an arm and a leg.

Here's a perfect time to look beyond away from the brand name American chains and towards a little local culture - perhaps outside of the city.

A favorite of mine is a large Gasthof in the nearby suburb of Ismaning (20 minutes by train from the city center). Here's the english language link. It is a short 5 minute walk from the S-Bahn station on the S8 line. This is the primary line between the airport and the city. http://www.hotel-muehle.de/index_e.html

Still, you'll need some very good luck to find anything at this late date.

Lihu'e 1k
Old Sep 3, 2005, 6:53 pm

This is when it pays to be a diamond.

I got in with a phone call to the diamond desk.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
If you got in through the Diamond desk, did they charge the rack rate ?
Old Sep 4, 2005, 3:16 pm

No, it's about 350 Euros I think. But at least I got in. Others I've talked to could not even find a room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.