Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Its been about 2 years, but I've always been fond of the Park Lane Hilton in London, and as Gold have been upgraded to a 2-room suite a couple of times - even on award bookings. And I would always choose this one over the Paddington Hilton, and Hilton Metropole on Edgware Road, if I need to be in west london and circumstances allow.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Uk hiltons cancelation deadlines?

I know it's been said on here somewhere but I wondered if somebody can clarify this for me.......I had a booking for tomorrow night at hilton docklands, however I woke up with tonsillitis this morning so decided to cancel.......had no problem cancelling but noticed website said " cancelation must be made 1 day prior to arrival"
So where is the cut off?.....3 pm?.....9pm?.........I thought I read somewhere that it's 11:59 pm.......anyone know and tryed it?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
With no time specified in the conditions, it must be midnight local time. That's the time until which the "day before" lasts.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
With no time specified in the conditions, it must be midnight local time. That's the time until which the "day before" lasts.
That was my understanding, thought I better check?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See the first post in this thread and the following discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...es-update.html
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
See the first post in this thread and the following discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...es-update.html
Thanks Jerry , yep just been reading that.......that's fine but why the " cancelation must be made one day prior to arrival " on hilton docklands website......not very clear but I guess that's hilton for you.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Have you called a hilton hotel to ask?

or maybe emailed hhonors?

Might be the quickest method
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Have you called a hilton hotel to ask?

or maybe emailed hhonors?

Might be the quickest method
Yep, done that first.....got some chap who spoke terrible English who told me 3pm but sounded like he didn't have a clue.........didn't think of e-mail though.......will do.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I always email - get it in writing
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

UK Hilton winter sale finished early?

All the ads say it is finishing on Jan 31st, yet the sale prices seem to ahve vanished

Anyone know anything?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I don't know anything but I just checked the hotel in Athens today and saw a few sale prices.
A few weeks ago I checked other places and couldn't find any rooms on sale
( and I checked the whole of June and July ).
So I am assuming that the sale is still on but that the rooms set aside for wintersale have been sold out along the way in some hotels.
What I have also noticed with this sale is the lack of rooms on sale on weekdays in the summer holiday. Last year a lot of hotels in Europe extended the weekend sale to weekdays in summer.

Add : just noticed that you asked specifically about UK, sorry.
I did look at hotels in London a little while ago. I looked for July and whereas I don't remember details, I know I found them horrendously expensive, so probably no rooms on sale even then ( 2-3 weeks ago ).
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:57 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Still on: http://www.hiltonweekends.co.uk/hotels/

There isn't unlimited availability however.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by ringbark
Looking at my HHonors activity, I see I have just been awarded 4,000 points for MEMBERSHIP REX UNITED KINGDOM - now, I'm as happy as anyone to get 4,000 points, but what is it for? (I am UK based.)
Its an American Express membership rewards transfer.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Where to stay in England (or Wales)?

I've got a family tip to the UK this summer. We'll be spending a week in London, but also have 3-4 days to explore England or possibly Wales (sorry Scotland - too far this time!). We'll be driving, so somewhere within 4-5 hours of London.

I'm hoping to use some HHonors points (rewards, or points-and-money rewards). Any recommendations on exceptional Hilton properties? I'm also interested in ones that would be considered great value (i.e. 40,000 points or less for a superb property).

I'm hoping those knowledgeable with Hilton's UK properties can provide some good suggestions.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:37 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
I've got a family tip to the UK this summer. We'll be spending a week in London, but also have 3-4 days to explore England or possibly Wales (sorry Scotland - too far this time!). We'll be driving, so somewhere within 4-5 hours of London.

I'm hoping to use some HHonors points (rewards, or points-and-money rewards). Any recommendations on exceptional Hilton properties? I'm also interested in ones that would be considered great value (i.e. 40,000 points or less for a superb property).

I'm hoping those knowledgeable with Hilton's UK properties can provide some good suggestions.
First, I hope you have a great trip and try to see more at specific sites than doing the fly by tour of the 'UK' tempting as that may be...

My own thoughts would be the following but obviously I hope others will chip in with different points to consider as well;

-First London: if you want to save on points and are willing to do a daily ride in on public transport to London, consider the Wembley Hilton. Full service with a decent lounge it seems and good value for points. You can take the train or tube into London from this location. If you want to be right in London, then Bankside is the best full service Hilton and Conrad the highest end property close to the sites, some also like the Waldorf. These will have lounges and be within walking distance to many sites but are rather 'expensive' on points. Some of the DT properties are good value but won't have the same level of service or lounges (if any) but are likely 1/2 to 2/3 the points for the others above.

-outside London; my personal thoughts would be to consider the following (and why): Not in any order of preference btw...

-Brighton: directly South of London, a beachside location and a quirky community but close to London so less than 2 hours by car (depending on the M25 and where you start from)...

-Bristol: About as far West as you can go if you want to explore Devon and / or Cornwall at all...Bristol has a few properties but the best ones are the DT (city centre near St. Mary Redcliffe) and / or the Hilton Garden Inn (city centre)...reasonable value for money and fairly new so like some of the older tired Hiltons in the UK. Bristol has plenty to see in its own right as well. See one of the two properties mentioned threads here on FT for a list of sites to see locally if you are interested. 2 hours from London (West side).

-Manchester: the DT there is decent and good value for points (compared to the Hilton)...it would allow you to visit this Northern City if that was of interest and be a good location to try and see some of the Lakes district or even Blackpool if you are so inclined. About 3-5 hours from London depending on road works (construction) and where you are travelling from.

-Newcastle: a long way from London to be sure (about 3-5 hours depending on route and where you leave from)...If you wanted to really get a feel for the North. Go to the DT at the airport NOT the Hilton in the city centre...the city centre location is more convenient but a poor property and expensive for points. the DT is one of the gems in the UK for quality and 'price' (cheap on points).

-Leeds: Not quite as far as Newcastle but does allow you to still say you have been in Northern England and also potentially a base to visit Yorkshire area. My choice would be the DT as decent location and reasonable value for points. About 3-4 hours from London depending on traffic.

-Bath: I'd stay in Bristol and visit from there but there is also a Hilton in Bath, not considered the best but still a place to base from if you want to explore some of the area South of the M4 motorway and countryside. Definitely worth a visit if you can work it in. About 2.5 hours from London.

Cardiff: If you want to see Wales, then most people will choose the Southern areas and visit the capital city. There is a Hilton here (not tried it myself yet) but I would suggest the Newport Hilton chain properties for excellent value for points but not for ambience or location...so city centre of Cardiff Hilton if you want to splurge or Newport (if it is still a Hilton property?) Hampton if you want to save on points. Consider going further West to visit Tenby for the day...About 3 hours from London (if you are leaving from the West side).

You could drive through Wales and visit some of the very lovely Northern areas and then stop in Manchester that night (or go the other way) as a suggestion if you wanted to visit Wales and see more than the city of Cardiff...

You would be best to try and choose maybe 2 (or 3 at the most) locations outside of London as otherwise you'll do nothing but drive the whole time you are here...

Hope this helps as a starting point....other suggestions from people?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.