Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2006, 4:49 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Thanks to abrina, I booked 2 Point Stretcher rooms for the week between Christmas and New Years, and recently admitted to myself that we weren't going to be able to use them. I called the Daimond line on 12/8 to cancel, and they told me that there was a 45 day cancellation policy! Steve, in reservations at the property agree to waive the charge, but I had a few minutes of panic while the diamond line rep. called him and I was on hold.

When I got home, I reread the reservation and it clearly stated that the cancellation deadlne was 6:00pm day of arrival to avoid penalties.

Nonetheless, I wish we were joining the group. Looks like we'll be suffering through man-made snow in the NC mountains that week.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 2:31 pm

Could you not cancel on-line?

I was actually looking at the cancellation policy yesterday as we may have a change in plans. Given that rooms are presently starting at CA$599, I'd think the hotel but be jumping for joy if people who booked these point-stretcher rooms cancelled them. I just priced out our Dec 30-Jan 1 stay and the total comes to $1447.68.

Rate Rules and Restrictions:
The rate quoted is for 2 adults and will apply to all rooms. There is a credit card required for this reservation. If you wish to cancel, please do so by 6pm, hotel local time, on the day of arrival to avoid cancellation penalties. There is a 7.00 % per room per night tax and a 10.00 % per room per night secondary tax. Parking charges: self parking: 20.00 valet parking: 24.00.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
So I'm going to be at Hilton Whistler in early Feb. Any other FT-ers?

Anyway, few questions for the Whistler experts out there:

1. I'm driving up from SEA (cheap airfare, cheap car rental). Any suggestions on overnight parking? Lot 4?
2. Lift tix. Is the best deal to get them when you are up there vs online? Do locals get better discounts than out of country residents?
3. Charges - I'm using rewards. What kind of charges should I expect?
4. Future res - seems like a lot of you are finding PS rewards. Is the best way to get PS rewards here calling the DD? Or can you see them online? I never saw them posted on the HH website for PS dates...

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 4:58 am

Regarding cancellation policy, my reservation now says 45 days (online), but the email confirmation says 6pm day of arrival. This is a relatively serious concern if HH can modify cancellation policy after the reservation is made. Would seem to be a fundamental flaw in their software or procedures.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 8:44 pm

Hilton Whistler - Brief Report

I have just returned from a long weekend (PAID) stay at the Hilton Whistler. As I Diamond I initially received nil recognition and no upgrade. When I questioned the lack of an upgrade the front desk clerk stated that I was to receive a continental breakfast and that was all.

After seeing my room I insisted on meeting with the Front Office Manager and after some debate I was upgraded to a much larger room with a fire place.

The overall level of service was acceptable but not memorable.

The hotel is 100% NON-SMOKING so smokers be warned.

Resort Value Pack

Also be aware that the hotel imposes an additional charge of $20 per night per room plus taxes to cover:
* Unlimited local calls
* Unlimited long distance calls
* 2 x 500ml bottles of water per day
* Additional fire log in room, where there is a fireplace
* 10% discount on food at nominated outlets
* Gift wrapping service between Dec 15 -24
* Other listed discounts

There is a Westin next door and it looks much more interesting for my next visit.

Last edited by Bondiboy; Dec 14, 2006 at 2:58 pm
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:30 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
wow...that's a total 180 from the service I received over thanksgiving weekend at the Hilton Whistler. I'm "only" Gold, and was treated like royalty. We booked a 21-day non-refundable base 2-dbl bed room, yet at check-in I was recognized immediately and thanked for my continued loyalty to Hilton. I was then informed of our being upgraded to a suite...and not only that, but they upgraded my in-laws as well to a suite! (they're not even HHonors members!!!). Very nice accomodations...and definitely on par with the Westin (where I stayed in July). In addition, we were given 20 continental breakfast vouchers to last us the entire stay. Granted it wasn't anything spectacular, but I couldn't complain. The one complaint I do have is the parking charge of 20 CDN / day. Of course you don't have much in the way of options, so what can you do?

All in all we had a terrific time and will no doubt return.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: hilton diamond, hyatt platimum,best western diamond elite
where should a rent skis...is the link supplied in this tread the way to go?

how about lift ticket..should a wait until i'm there or buy online

thanks
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:38 pm

Try to charge the lift tickets and any rentals to the room. You get points! Charge through Summit Rentals, it is attached to the hotel and they are good.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by xooz
Regarding cancellation policy, my reservation now says 45 days (online), but the email confirmation says 6pm day of arrival. This is a relatively serious concern if HH can modify cancellation policy after the reservation is made. Would seem to be a fundamental flaw in their software or procedures.
Not to pull this thread too far off topic, but I've run into this problem myself at another property. When I made the reservation it was 6p day of arrival (printed the email), but when I went to cancel a few days prior I was told it was 30 day cancellation policy! And to make it worse, the 2 night award res made through the DD was turned into 2 x 1 nt reservations, and the hotel billed my cc rack rate for both! After much fighting it was all reversed, but still...
Old Dec 20, 2006, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
Resort Value Pack

Also be aware that the hotel imposes an additional charge of $20 per night per room plus taxes to cover:
* Unlimited local calls
* Unlimited long distance calls
* 2 x 500ml bottles of water per day
* Additional fire log in room, where there is a fireplace
* 10% discount on food at nominated outlets
* Gift wrapping service between Dec 15 -24
* Other listed discounts
I was told by Steve in hotel reservations that this fee is optional. I do not plan on paying it.

-Sabrina
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:38 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
absolutely correct, Sabrina. The "resort value pack" is optional. However as a Gold, it was discounted to $10 / night and the firelogs and bottled water was unlimited. I didn't think it was such a bad deal during our stay over Thanksgiving last month...considering we had the fire roaring most of the night and easily burned 3 of those logs each day!

again...resort value pack is entirely optional.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 7:52 am

Getting ready for our stay starting on December 26 and can see the hotel has prebooked and changed the room type to " 2 double beds superior rm". Before the past couple of days, it did not specify. As one who is thankful for getting in on the great pointstretcher award (thanks again Sabrina), I really didn't expect an upgrade and it looks like they're not planning to give me one either. From this thread, it looks like maybe half a dozen of us got in on the same deal in the week after Christmas. I'm hopeful that we will not be treated any different due to our good fortune in booking discounted award space during their busiest time of the year. I wonder what that little glitch cost the hotel?
Old Dec 25, 2006, 8:54 pm

Programs: hilton diamond, hyatt platimum,best western diamond elite
sure hope not...i'm going tomorrow..see you there!

called the hotel and they said they are fully booked
Old Dec 26, 2006, 3:57 pm

Squamish

If you're driving into Whistler, you can get discounted lift tickets at 7-11 in Squamish. You can also stock up on anything you might need here, it tends to be a bit cheaper than if you were to buy it in Whistler.

Once you get to Whistler, you don't need a car. So keep that in mind the extra cost to park the car.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 7:58 pm

We were booked Dec 30-Jan 1 but decided today to cancel. Cancelled on-line without a problem and points went back to my account within 10 minutes.

While this was a great deal for 2 nights @ 48,000 points, the plus, plus, plusses are what really did it in for me. We just came back from the Caribbean and will be heading back next month, so this year's NYE $$'s will be kept to a minimum.

Everyone who got in, enjoy... and have a great New Year's!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.