Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sharks Bay Resort {EGY}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Stayed there two consecutive years back in Dec. 04 and Dec 05. Paid less than $100 / night for a triple. I suspect that with all the issues in Sharm, prices have come way down. Overall resort was fabulous with a decent house reef. Food was good, service was good and friendly. Want to go back but won't go until things settle a bit.
Did you book direct through the Hilton website or via a 3rd party? What rate did you book? Trying to figure out if the website rates are room only or all-in...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Booked a AAA rate direct with Hilton. Was all inclusive and clearly labeled as all inclusive. If you book direct with Hilton, it looks like they changed the rate structure and the base rate is no longer all-inclusive. Chatted with a rep and verified that the rate quoted for AAA rate listed is all inclusive. It's a bit confusing because the rate right below is the Family rate and includes breakfast? Very odd.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can't believe the prices? Perhaps you are not familiar with what has been going on in Egypt and the Sinai the last couple of years.??!?!?!?!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hotels.com Silver,
Originally Posted by hfly
You can't believe the prices? Perhaps you are not familiar with what has been going on in Egypt and the Sinai the last couple of years.??!?!?!?!
i dont see any hotels in Detroit for the same price ...
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm, well for one, the largest tourist nationality going to Sharm were Russians. Since one of their charter planes full of tourists was blown up the Russian government has not allowed holiday operators to operate to Egypt. I don't recall any similar thing happening in Detroit. There is also now am active Islamic insurgency in the Sinai, despite how some people might characterize Detroit, I do not know if an active Islamic insurgency in Michigan.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:49 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Are russians back at this hotel?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Are russians back at this hotel?
UKRAINIANS certainly are. Well they're all over Sharm, two, three or more flight loads of them a day: I don't know if their agencies are tied into the Hilton.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:25 am

Anyone stayed recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.