Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I’m using my BMG cert for the Conrad HKG. I requested an upgrade to the executive level using the e-standby upgrade and e-standby add on, and it’s only $100 more. I doubt anyone will know the answer to this, but will the BMG cert cover this?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I’m using my BMG cert for the Conrad HKG. I requested an upgrade to the executive level using the e-standby upgrade and e-standby add on, and it’s only $100 more. I doubt anyone will know the answer to this, but will the BMG cert cover this?
Nope. It is actually pretty clear.
Only the standard room at BAR and no extras (e.g. rates that includes parking or rates that includes double points etc)
I do believe you can still go for the "paid" e-standby upgrade which the property will charge you separately.
One thing to note. Is the BMG cert for a Conrad brand?
It is rare to get Hilton Family wide BMG cert nowadays and they typically come brand-specific.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I emailed a copy of my Hilton BMG cert to them, and the Conrad GM got back to me and said they would take it. I would assume it varies property to property and to contact the one you want to use it at.

But essentially a BMG cert is a check for a stay at any Hilton property.
*Also lets say I do the eUpgrade standby (for which I was given the option for about $90), but refuse to pay at check in? Why I think there could be a possibility the BMG cert would cover it is because it’s a check that covers your entire stay. But who knows... nobody even really knows how these certs actually work, especially the employees.

Last edited by Edgerfly; Feb 26, 2018 at 12:20 am
Old May 29, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
I have used quite a few BMG certificates, each one states the specific brand/chain on the certificate itself. A multi-brand (the "golden ticket") states good for any brand within the Hilton World-wide portfolio on the face. If your BMG only has Hilton, then it's only good for Hilton. DO NOT TRUST WHAT THE ON-SITE HOTEL PERSONNEL TELL YOU OVER THE PHONE. The certificate will be rejected by HHonors corporate and payment denied to the property if it is not the correct certificate, leaving you on the hook for full payment.

QUOTE=Edgerfly;29424167]
It actually seems to be a mixed bag of experiences with some people reporting being able to use them at different resorts other than just a Hilton.
Do you have a picture of one of these "any brand" certs? I have two certs saying "any Hilton Hotel Worldwide". For me that implies it can be used all over their brands.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
No, I don't have a copy; must be surrendered when checking in. FWIW, mine always came from HHonors Corporate offices as service recovery gesture.

Originally Posted by Tazmania
Do you have a picture of one of these "any brand" certs? I have two certs saying "any Hilton Hotel Worldwide". For me that implies it can be used all over their brands.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
I just used one such "any Hilton Hotel Worldwide" certificate for a stay at the Conrad in Koh Samui. No issues. Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of it and it was surrendered as well.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Havek
I just used one such "any Hilton Hotel Worldwide" certificate for a stay at the Conrad in Koh Samui. No issues. Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of it and it was surrendered as well.
Thanks. Only question is, if I have booked the property and they won't accept the cert. then I have a problem.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Send a photo copy of the certificate to the property and ask them if they will accept...I did that with the two used at WA Amsterdam; no surprises at check-in.

Thanks. Only question is, if I have booked the property and they won't accept the cert. then I have a problem.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:24 am

Hi, we're from the Netherlands, so please excuse any grammatical errors.

First we booked a Home2Suites Hotel in Victorville,CA which was still being build at the time we booked (April). It was due to open Oktober 1st, so we would be one of their first custumors. When checking their site yesterday, we discovered that they don't except reservations untill december 22 due to construction problems.

So i contacted Hilton, and after some discussion the offered us a refund of our Advanced Purchase of the Home2Suites Hotel + a Be Our Guest Cert. to use in any Hilton Garden Inn.

Since we're on a 4 week roadtrip, and have all our hotels booked in advance for this trip, this Cert. would obviously being used by us at the Hilton Garden Inn in Victorville, Ca.

So, here's my first question; if you and Hilton know where and when to use the Cert. wouldn't it be more logical and above all easier to put enough HH points to our account, so we could book the free room that way?

Second question: wouldn't it be possible for Hilton to just book us a complimentary room in the HGI Victorville, so we're done and don't have the Cert. hassle?

The explantion on how to use the certificate is very confusing to us. How do i book a standard (Hilton says i have to use the "easy Cancelation" rate), which i can't find on the HGI Victorville website) room at this specific hotel.

When booking the standard room, will our CC be charged for the amount, and will that amount be deducted when showing the Cert? Should i mention using the Cert. when making the online booking, and do i have to show the Cert. at check-in or check-out?

Also they rewarded us 5000 HH point when i asked for breakfast which was included at the Home2Suites Hotel. Can i use these points to "buy" breakfast at the HGI? How does that work?

Thank you for your time and help!!

Last edited by lelici; Aug 8, 2018 at 12:48 am
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Cerificate transferable?

Anyone of you used a Be our guest certificate, that was issued to another person, whose name was printed on the certificate?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:25 pm

I have a couple of these certificates to burn. Can someone perhaps suggest hotels in Europe or Asia which would give me the most bang for the buck? Preferably not Tokyo, Hong Kong or London - places where I have stayed at the local Conrad many a time.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by puchong
I have a couple of these certificates to burn. Can someone perhaps suggest hotels in Europe or Asia which would give me the most bang for the buck? Preferably not Tokyo, Hong Kong or London - places where I have stayed at the local Conrad many a time.
Tel-Aviv Hilton Vista? I plan to use a certificate there in March.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:38 pm

Do these earn points? Especially at expensive resorts and the 3x promotion it's a needle mover
ive heard people booking standard rooms with " add ons "
and having no problem at checkout?
My understanding is there is no wiggle room on the " standard room " rule"
What happens if you book a standard room that inclues a $50 food & beverage credit?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:44 am

I recently had a horrible experience at the Hilton Moorea resort where I paid $1400 for 2 nights (room flooded with rain, cockroaches, dirty and in horrible shape; worst room I have booked otherwise in many years). They were offering one certificate, which was obviously not enough. Now they’re offering 2. Do you guys think that’s the best that can be done? Should I push for more? Has anyone gotten more than this? Thanks.

Last edited by slikplate54; Mar 29, 2019 at 12:52 am
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:46 pm

If you cash in a 'Be My Guest' certificate, does the night count towards your annual stay count?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.