Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
2 stays here in September

Hi,

Stay 1 : 1 night Saturday 1st Sep
After arrving from the UK I phoned the hotel after customs at T3 and the hotel shuttle picked me up in around 15mins ( the hotel pick up point being close to the domestic bag reclaim exit rather than international arrivals)

Check in was quick and was given room 337 ( close to the elevator lobby but I did not hear any noise). I had been upgraded from a King room to a Jnr suite with a living room ( fan on the ceiling ), small hallway with the bathroom to one side and the microwave fridge and Kreuig coffee maker ( coffee/tea capsules) ) then the king bedroom. Room was fine and quiet and overlooked the pool area. Bathroom is a combined shower/bath.

Breakfast is served till 11am weekends (1030 on weekdays) and the buffet is $13.95 (free for Gold/Diamonds- as they now have a printed list there are no coupons). The hot items are made to order ie omelettes, pancakes with fruit,cereal, juice and bread/pastries available. There is free coffee to go in the lobby also ( until breakast finishes)

There is a burger king beside the hotel and a petrol station and convenience store just beside the Burger king with more restaurants ( ie an Outback) beside the premium outlets

Took the shuttle to Mandalay Bay at the top of the hour ( drops off at the Tour lobby pick up point with an escalator to the lobby level)

Stay 2 Friday 7th to Sunday 9th.

I called for a pick up from Mandalay bay and was picked up at the tour lobby at 3:15pm ( it picks up at 15 past the hour) and went via the airport.
Check in was quick and was given 405 ( a junior suite as booked) this faced the Hawaiian gardens and the pool . Window opened a few inches.

I did my laundry here ( washer was $1.50 for 27mins and the dryer was $1 (quarters) for 45mins with detergent available from the pantry).

I had dinner in the restaurant ( Happy hour offers 25% off food from 5-7pm) and used the fitness centre ( open to 11pm ) which was small but adequate

I walked to the premium outlets south for shopping on saturday ( just over a 5min walk from the hotel lobby)

Overall a very good stay away from the weekend hustle and bustle of the strip- ideal for the Premium outlets although prices are creeping up.

There is also a Home 2 suites ( the airport van had both the HGI and home2suites logo but did not stop at the home 2 suites) but the van did not stop there on my journeys. They did get a new van with no logos on my second visit but was advised that the logos would be fixed shortly) just across the road from the HGI.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.