Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2005, 12:02 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Yes. Every 30 minutes, iirc.
I was told that they don't run a 30 minute schedule. You have to call them for a pick up, which I did the two times I stayed there since they opened, although both times I was arriving very late at night.

They have both free wired and wireless internet connection and my favorite and something you rarely find in hotels (especially in Vegas) an extensive number of TV stations to watch. I am a channel surfer and they have the full compliment of cable TV stations--the same that I have on my home cable. That is something rare at a hotel.

Last edited by Pat89339; May 9, 2005 at 12:28 am
Old May 9, 2005, 12:20 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
There was a sign on the desk for to-the-airport shuttle that said something about every 30 minutes. But have no idea about from-the-airport shuttle.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:40 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Thanks for the info in this thread. Has anyone stayed both at this property and the Doubletree Club Airport Las Vegas? How do these two compare? Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
What is there to compare? HGI is brand new. I have never been able to afford a stay at HGI. DT works for me and actually prefer the breakfast versus the typical HGI breakfast.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 11:52 am

I've stayed at both properties several times.

The HGI is typically $25 - $30.00 more expensive. The pool area, workout room and entire facility is much nicer than the Doubletree. The staff is extremely helpful and they treat their guests very well. The breakfast voucher for Gold/Diamond is for a full cooked to order breakfast. Great service, nice dining area, good food. Friendly bar area for the evening as well as a very large living room with fireplace to enjoy in the evening.

The Doubletree restaurant is absolutely horrendous. We ate there a couple of times and now never eat there even though it is free. The pool is fine, the workout room is o.k. - just not as nice as the HGI. There is an Applebee's restaurant right outside the parking lot.

For one night we might choose the DT if the price is considerably lower. But if more than one night we would go to the HGI. Unless we need to be on that south end of town we have been taking advantage of the Hampton Inn Summerlin. They are an opportunity level hotel. 7500 points is so much better than spending money.

The Hampton/Summerlin by the way is typical - do ask for a room that is not near the highway as there is some highway noise.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum & a bunch of hotel statuses
any recent stays

anyone recently stayed and care to comment?
Old Aug 24, 2007, 11:30 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I'm staying here tonight. Up to now a nice property, obviously a bit off from the buzz of vegas but the strip is only a 5-10 minute drive anyways and the nearby location of the rental car and airport is a definite plus.

As a gold got upgraded to a suite which includes a bubble/jet bath, seperate living room. A total of two tvs. Staff at the front desk are extremely friendly. Still some light construction work going on, but those are mainly finishing touches and bearly noticeable. The pool is small but adequate and didn't see anybody there during the day.

Overall it's your typical HGI hotel. 2 bottles given at checkin with a breakfast coupon which wasn't filled out. I guess you could use it anytime if you wanted to be sneaky. The business centre is small but includes a color printer. If you're in vegas and don't mind the off-strip location, but prefer a more personal touch then give the HGI a try.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
We love that location, although you should probably have a car for maximum convenience. The entire staff is friendly, the hotel is clean and being off the strip means little traffic if you take the highway.

Note: This hotel is no longer a total secret; prices are definitely going up.

Mie
Old Aug 28, 2007, 3:48 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Agree. It's a gem. Two years ago I could routinely book it for 1/2 the price it fetches now.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The first year it it was a real bargain but now it is a little pricey. Of course most LV hotels have ceased to have bargain rates anymore.

MisterNice
Old May 13, 2012, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Two stays -28th April and 4th May 2012

Hi,

By way of update I had two stays here recently;

Stay one
Saturday 28th April
Junior suite room 451 IIRC

I phoned up from LAS after baggage pick up and went to level 0 and across the road to the shuttle pick up point. The van was there in about 5-10 mins.
As we headed back to the HGI calls came in that there were more people waiting to be picked up but we were almost at the hotel.
Check in was quick and was given a breakfast coupon.
The Junior suite was large with the sitting area then the fridge/coffee/microwave cabinet on one side of the hall with the bathroom door on the other side then the bedroom . It overlooked the pool area.
There is a Burger king and a Chevron gas station close by ( a minutes walk to get soda/water etc)
The beds were comfortable.

Breakfast was good with a fruit,yoghurt, cereal and bagel/toast/pastry selection. The hot food was cooked to order ( $11.95)

The pool area was fine ( a bit small but ok for relaxing). They had a few tables set up for someone's 90th birthday party from 9am-11am. The pool water was a little cool at first but quite nice once you go used to it.

The fitness centre had about five pieces of equipment in it.

The shuttle goes to the Mandalay Bay at the top of the hour ( you have to phone about 25mins before wanting to be picked up from the MB for the return journey at xx15)

Check out time is quite good at 12noon.

Stay 2
Friday 4th May to Sun 6th June
Room 444

I called from the Mandalay Bay and was picked up at 615pm ( we went back via the LAS airport car rental center)

This time the room was a standard room facing the Strip. The room was a bit warm at first as the afternoon sun shone in so I boosted the a/c and the room soon cooled. The noise from the traffic was not too bad

There are a number of restaurants on just by the sidewalk heading past the Outlet centre including an Outback Steakhouse which I went into on Friday and Saturday. The walk along the sidewalk is fine but a little attention needs to be paid when crossing the roads leading to the Outlet mall.
I did some outlet shopping ( had to buy an extra case- but it was a short walk along the road at the back of the mall)
Breakfast was good and the Pavilion Pantry had the essentials if needed ( like oj). Having a fridge in the room is a great bonus compared to having to rely on the ice container.

There is a Business centre with 2 pc's ( reasonable connection speed to the internet)
The car park appeared busy but the pool area never seemed too bad.

Another very good stay.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; May 13, 2012 at 11:24 am
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

I can't believe it is over 2 years since i last stayed there!

I arrived from PHX at 915am and phoned the hotel for a pick up and was tiold my room was already available for check in ( at 930am)

I dropped my bags and relaxed in the room before going up to the strip ( the shuttle goes on the top of the hour to Mandalay Bay)

I had room 437 close to the elevators but did not hear much noise and the room overlooked the pool area.

Staff were great especially the front desk staff and the restaurant food was good and the made to order omelettes was very good ($11.95 for breakfast)

The pool is not heated from Nov to March and was cold when getting in but the hot tub was nice.

Las Vegas was very busy on Monday-Wed 19-21 Jan due to conventions and I was unable to get a late check out ( I did ask about half day rates) as the hotel was oversold on my day of departure so I left my bags at the front desk , took the shuttle up to MBay had lunch and looked around MBay, Luxor and NYNY before getting the shuttle back to the hotel and relaxing in the lobby with the free coffee before going to the airport at 4pm for the 830pm BA flight to LHR.
Whilst waiting there were a couple of people coming in who had reservations but somehow the people who had booked them had them cancelled with out telling them so they did not have a room. The front desk and the manager were busy phoning other hotels to see if they had accomodations. I do not know the outcome as my shuttle left.
The hotel does get a lot of repeat guests.

A very good stay.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I can't believe it is over 2 years since i last stayed there!

I arrived from PHX at 915am and phoned the hotel for a pick up and was tiold my room was already available for check in ( at 930am)

I dropped my bags and relaxed in the room before going up to the strip ( the shuttle goes on the top of the hour to Mandalay Bay)

I had room 437 close to the elevators but did not hear much noise and the room overlooked the pool area.

Staff were great especially the front desk staff and the restaurant food was good and the made to order omelettes was very good ($11.95 for breakfast)

The pool is not heated from Nov to March and was cold when getting in but the hot tub was nice.

Las Vegas was very busy on Monday-Wed 19-21 Jan due to conventions and I was unable to get a late check out ( I did ask about half day rates) as the hotel was oversold on my day of departure so I left my bags at the front desk , took the shuttle up to MBay had lunch and looked around MBay, Luxor and NYNY before getting the shuttle back to the hotel and relaxing in the lobby with the free coffee before going to the airport at 4pm for the 830pm BA flight to LHR.
Whilst waiting there were a couple of people coming in who had reservations but somehow the people who had booked them had them cancelled with out telling them so they did not have a room. The front desk and the manager were busy phoning other hotels to see if they had accomodations. I do not know the outcome as my shuttle left.
The hotel does get a lot of repeat guests.

A very good stay.

Regards

TBS
Thanks for this. We are going to Vegas soon. Why would you be charged for Breakfast - I though HGI's provided free cooked-to-order breakfast to Diamond Members?

ETA - My mistake see you are HHonors Silver -
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Had a bad experience with very thin walls at this hotel. Will not return. Breakfast was fine though!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 upcoming stays here in Sep

Hi,

Will be staying here 2 times in early September

Sat 1st for 1 night ( after coming in from EDI) then move to Mandalay Bay for 5 nights
Fri 7th for 2 nights

Will post a report on my return

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.