Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Brand #20 Coming soon: LivSmart Studios by Hilton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brand #20 Coming soon: LivSmart Studios by Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2023, 2:14 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Sounds awful. I dislike Candlewood and absolutely hate Extended Stay America.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 3:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / A3 Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold / TP Silver
[Removed quote of now-deleted post]

I have read that hilton registered few trademarks recently and the winner for your question might be amongst them

https://www.onscope.com/ipowner/en/o...lding-llc.html

https://uspto.report/company/Hilton-I-N-T-Holding-L-L-C
Sisosig likes this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Apr 28, 2023 at 5:35 am Reason: [Removed quote of now-deleted post]
Old Apr 28, 2023, 3:56 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Listing out the filed names below:
  • H3 by Hilton / H3 Suites by Hilton
  • Suite Start by Hilton
  • Livsmart by Hilton / Livsmart Suites by Hilton
  • Dwelling Suites by Hilton
  • Suitely by Hilton
  • Delve Suites by Hilton
  • Belong Suites by Hilton
  • Adapt Suites by Hilton
  • Gleam by Hilton
  • Pixel by Hilton
  • Twilo by Hilton
Oh dear.

khabah
Old Apr 28, 2023, 6:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
While some want luxury (including me), it's probably not as easy as many think. Imagine the cost these days of finding prime real estate and building and staffing it to the standards of those guests. Sounds like a tough investment.

It's no surprise that they want to build more of these cookie-cutter, cheap-to-build, less labor-intensive properties. It makes complete sense from a business perspective. From our perspective, it is very boring.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by khabah
  • Suite Start by Hilton
  • Suitely by Hilton
  • Delve Suites by Hilton
  • Adapt Suites by Hilton
  • Gleam by Hilton
  • Pixel by Hilton
  • Twilo by Hilton
Oh dear.

khabah
Those are truly awful names. Or, another way, Truly Awful by Hilton names.

David
vicarious_MR'er likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
my post was driven by common complaints / wishes I have heard from hotel owners. They constantly whine and moan about the cost of breakfast, housekeeping, and other guest amenities.
Maybe those individuals should exit the hospitality business and get into a line of work better aligned with their personalities and values, such as debt collection or pawn shop operations?
Old Apr 28, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Maybe those individuals should exit the hospitality business and get into a line of work better aligned with their personalities and values, such as debt collection or pawn shop operations?
I agree with you, and lol, if that were to happen, you wouldn't have a hospitality industry. There would be no one left.

The comment by Adelphos is 100% spot on correct. It's the oldest game in the hospitality playbook. The parent company wants the appearance of standards and the image that comes with it as it helps their topline whereas the franchisee is always working to undo those standards or push them as far as they can without getting deflagged because that helps their bottom line.

IMHO, the parent companies already see the writing on the wall that a lot of the pent up demand from '21 & '22 is beginning to wear off and people are getting far more cost conscience which is why you have the focus on these lower level brands. The owner/operator can not control certain things like taxes, utilities, franchise fees, mandatory brand updates, etc. which is where this push to strip as much F&B and labor out of the equation as possible is coming from which to me is always interesting since rank and file employees get paid very little to begin with and they always take the full weight of cuts when they come. Yet, so many articles are written in industry publications by supposedly very smart people about the high turnover rates/not being able to retain people and/or not understanding why the carousel wheel is always spinning as fast as it does.

It's truly better than any reality show. The drama never ends.
SPN Lifer, arlflyer, MP001 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by The Road Goes On Forever; Apr 28, 2023 at 11:56 am
Old Apr 29, 2023, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Those are truly awful names. Or, another way, Truly Awful by Hilton names.

David
They should call it Econo Suites by Hilton.

Or perhaps Suite 6 by Hilton.

I've made fun of the Wyndham model of a bunch of junk properties in the US for years but it feels like Hilton is starting to aspire to add more and more properties toward that level.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by storewanderer
They should call it Econo Suites by Hilton.

Or perhaps Suite 6 by Hilton.
That might be aiming too high. Let's try: Hovel by Hilton™.

I've made fun of the Wyndham model of a bunch of junk properties in the US for years but it feels like Hilton is starting to aspire to add more and more properties toward that level.
Gotta give Nassetta credit where credit is due. Or maybe he wants a loan or two.

David
vicarious_MR'er likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:10 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by khabah
  • Suite Start by Hilton
  • Suitely by Hilton
  • Delve Suites by Hilton
  • Adapt Suites by Hilton
  • Gleam by Hilton
  • Pixel by Hilton
  • Twilo by Hilton
Oh dear.

khabah
When I first glanced at this thread title, I thought the new brand would be called "Rumor." Not sure if that would be better or worse than any of these...
Old Apr 29, 2023, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Adelphos
This new brand - "Midscale" Extended Stay (competitor: ?)
Studio 6.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:17 pm

How about Hiltink. Because it seems these types of properties often stink inside for a variety of reasons (lack of cleanliness, lack of daily housekeeping, people cooking too many different foods in the rooms and lousy or clogged vents, etc.).
Old Apr 30, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by arlflyer
This is certainly a popular stance to take on the internet. Them rich people (shakes fist)! Might I wager that you are not management in the food or hospitality industry? Where it is hard to find people, and the ones you do find, want a higher wage (because everything is now more expensive) and/or don't show up / quit at a higher rate. Of course the economic experts of the internet say giving everyone raises fixes everything. They also swear that the huge surge in wages (fight for $15 anyone?) had absolutely nothing to do with the economic climate we are currently in.

Nearly every food and hospitality business has a now hiring sign up. Maybe, just maybe the fix isn't raising wages to $25 an hour. Maybe it's finding products that don't require this labor. The market will always adapt.
hhdl likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario
This is certainly a popular stance to take on the internet. Them rich people (shakes fist)! Might I wager that you are not management in the food or hospitality industry? Where it is hard to find people, and the ones you do find, want a higher wage (because everything is now more expensive) and/or don't show up / quit at a higher rate. Of course the economic experts of the internet say giving everyone raises fixes everything. They also swear that the huge surge in wages (fight for $15 anyone?) had absolutely nothing to do with the economic climate we are currently in.

Nearly every food and hospitality business has a now hiring sign up. Maybe, just maybe the fix isn't raising wages to $25 an hour. Maybe it's finding products that don't require this labor. The market will always adapt.
Huh? What are you ingesting, and through what means? I said that managers who grouse about providing F&B and guest services might not be in the right line of work. Their attitude is contagious. Properties across all price points can command a premium right now. Astute managers with a service mindset are doing fine despite cost increases.
notquiteaff and DELee like this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 10:49 pm

They've already cut out so much labor on housekeeping. Plus the limited service provided is not as good as the service provided before. Amenities in the room like pen, paper, etc. are gone. I read somewhere Hilton doesn't even have in-room clocks in some properties (some property in Dallas) anymore. Bathroom amenities have been reduced or removed. Just looking around various hotels in places like elevators, hallways, exterior parking lots, etc., it feels like they don't clean as much as they used to.

At some point they will cost cut themselves straight out of business.

The industry is living high now with higher rates and reduced service and is in absolute joy over the way they've been able to get leisure travelers to pay more than they ever thought possible for less benefit/service than ever before. But this won't go on forever.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.