Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HHonors Double Night Credit promotion October 11- December 31, 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HHonors Double Night Credit promotion October 11- December 31, 2022

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I see the same, but I know that my number of nights only went up by one... This would seem to potentially be a bit of an issue. Has anyone confirmed that they're getting double nights yet?
Double nights on every stay recently with no bother. Have kept on eye on the nights tracker to ensure they were applied. The '2022 Double Nights Promotion Credit 0' shows on each of those stays that earned double for me.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:18 am
cjd

I have also received double night credits for my last 3 stays under this promotion.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
Originally Posted by johnndor
I'm not getting double night credit based on my own count, for my past 5 stays. Hope this doesn't take too much effort to get fixed, plus adjusting my milestone bonuses (currently down 1).
This one's on me I suppose. I remember registering, but never got a confirmation email. When I look back at the promotion pages, it was not active and allowed me to re-register. So never "took" the first time.

I don't need the nights for quals or roll-over, but missing a milestone bonus (or two) hurts a little.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
Is it confirmed that the usual rule of check out after Jan 1 the next year that nights/points would not be credited under the following year with this promotion? Read through the thread, feel like that seems to be the conclusion people are reaching but unsure why other than a short snippet in the terms which I felt isn't very specific.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:46 am

Both the T&Cs and the FAQs are quite clear that the promotion is valid for stay completed within the promotion period of 11 October to 31 December.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
Both the T&Cs and the FAQs are quite clear that the promotion is valid for stay completed within the promotion period of 11 October to 31 December.
Yeah, thats fine if it didn't contradict the existing FAQs.
https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-honors/support-faq/

How will year-end cross-over stays be treated for status qualification, Milestone Bonus, and gifting status night count?

Per existing rules, nights for stays that cut across years (December into January) will apply to the status year of the check-out date.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Looking at booking a few cheap nights just for the 2,000 bonus points, double nights etc.

Especially if I then reach another milestone.

I suppose in theory booking 5 individual stays will earn 4,000 bonus points per night.

Plus they carry over to next year.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by hessinger
Yeah, thats fine if it didn't contradict the existing FAQs.
How does it contradict?
If you complete the stay and check out by (including on) 31.12.22, the stay will count fully towards your 2022 qualification and will also count for the purposes of the promotion.
If you commence the stay anytime before (including on) 31.12.22 and check out on 1.1.23 or anytime thereafter, the stay will count fully towards your 2023 qualification and will not count towards the promotion (i.e. you will get exactly nothing as far as 2022 and the promotion are concerned).
Old Nov 6, 2022, 10:28 am

How does it contradict?
Have a look at posts #74 and #80.

Also, the T&C on the promo landing page directly contradicts itself (my bolding / underlining).

Terms & Conditions

Offer valid for stays completed October 11 – December 31, 2022 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. Hilton Honors™ members must first register at hiltonhonors.com/en_US/double-night-credit/landing/ prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period. Registered Hilton Honors members will earn double night credit per stay during the Promotion Period.

Double night credit means one additional, tier qualifying night credit will be awarded for each night stayed in the promo period. Registered Hilton Honors members will receive double night credit for all nights completed in the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. Double nights will count towards Hilton Honors members’ 2022 night count and will be eligible for rollover night credit.

Last edited by kkong42; Nov 6, 2022 at 10:39 am Reason: Added reference to original post #74 for context.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by kkong42
Double nights will count towards Hilton Honors members’ 2022 night count and will be eligible for rollover night credit.
This is the bit that gets me, if I read that right, then the double nights will count towards 2022 but the normal accrual would still count for 2023?

So for example, if you check in on December 28 and checkout January 3 am I to understand that 3 nights will count towards the 2022 status that would have been the double credit and 6 regular nights will count towards 2023?
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by hessinger
This is the bit that gets me, if I read that right, then the double nights will count towards 2022 but the normal accrual would still count for 2023?

So for example, if you check in on December 28 and checkout January 3 am I to understand that 3 nights will count towards the 2022 status that would have been the double credit and 6 regular nights will count towards 2023?
I think you are trying to complicate things, it goes only by the check out date.

Check out 12/31/22 - Get double night promotion and it counts to 2022
Out out 1/1/23 - Get no double nights and counts to 2023.

Its an all or nothing situation
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:12 pm

@Hilton Honors Ambassador: William, can you please kindly confirm the above, i.e. these still appears to be ambiguity with respect to what, if anything, will be credited towards 2022 status qualification progress for stays that cross over 31.12.22
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:58 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
@Hilton Honors Ambassador: William, can you please kindly confirm the above, i.e. these still appears to be ambiguity with respect to what, if anything, will be credited towards 2022 status qualification progress for stays that cross over 31.12.22
Apologies for any delay in answering, but your tag did not work. More on that here.

The nights that have occurred in the promo period for 2022, regardless of checkout date, should be doubled. From the T&C's of the offer:
If I check-in before October 11, 2022, or check-out after December 31, 2022, do I still earn credit for that stay?

Members can check-in prior to Oct 11th but they will only receive credit for nights completed starting the night of Oct 11th – Dec 31st only.
So, if someone checks in December 29th and checks out on January 2nd, they should pick up 6 nights that count towards 2022.

I sincerely hope this helps.

William
MichaelA380 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 4:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Anyone know whether this will be repeated in 2023?
Old Oct 13, 2023, 5:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by adobbing
Anyone know whether this will be repeated in 2023?
very unlikely

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.