Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Here now for 4 nights
​​​​upgraded to king executive room on 19th floor

Evening lounge offerings more limited than previously but liked the beef stew and good sized slices of red velvet cake so it was ok for a snack which was all I needed

Breakfast in the executive lounge us only on sunday and monday due to lower occupancy and to reduce food waste acording to staff. It will be offered on more days as demabd picks up
full breakfast is in mozaik
model train set in the lobby until 14th

pool will be closed for 2 days 16th and 17th Jan and there will be sauna renovations after this but the sauna will remain open
last entry to the pool is at 2030 for closing at 2100
Fairly busy this evening but it is a saturday
could hear the elevators pings and elevator lobby music in the evening if you were quiet in the room but stopped at bed time

Regards
Tbs

The special menu for Golds & diamonds has been pared back ( in May it was a waffle and a drink ie mango juice) now it is a variety of drinks ie matcha tea but I chose a Berry smoothie.
cat figurines have been replaced by hiroshima carp baseball stuff ie shirts bats hats etc for the carp and strawberry sweets bufett held here on weekend afternoons.
quite busy at 8am but food items are replaced quite quickly and it is a very good buffet ( fruit selection is poor ie sliced pineapples only)
omelette cooked to order station also offers a hiroshima conger eel omellette
fresh seaweed rather than the dried wafer seaweed in packets as in some other hotels
condensation on the inside of the beroom window so had to wipe it to get a better view of the sun rising above the local hills c 0730 today but has cleared when I got back from breakfast
lounge is pretty quiet at 0830 and good selection of food but no special menu.though they do have okonomiyaki as a special item
​​menu.no queue at the coffee machine unlike at mozaik so having a vanilla flavoured coffee from the nespresso machine.
cloudless day in hiroshima but cool.( was about 0c at 0730)so will explore hiroshima starting with the shukkien garden

in the afternoon the only offerings are some sweets in jars and tortilla chips and sweet potato fried crisps.
soft drinks juices and tea coffee available.
they did start bringing in the cold hors d'ovres about 4pm but they were under wraps

Lounge was busy at 530pm on Sunday and the hot items were
Chicken wings
Clam chowder soup

Had some soup and the red velvet cake then went out to dinner

Hotel is a lot quieter on monday and Tuesday.
Red velvet cake was not present on monday but returned on tuesday
had dinner at mozaik ( buffet) . Not bad at c 3900 yen
diamond/gold discount of 25% applied automatically to the bill when charging to the room so charge was only 2990 yen
unusually for hiltons ,they are selling hilton hiroshima bears for y1500 ( and about 2x the size of the standard conrad tokyo and osaka bears) so bought 1. Will post a photo later.

heading to the conrad tokyo for 2 nights tomorrow

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jan 16, 2024 at 6:43 am
Old Jan 27, 2024, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Some photos from my stay ( 13th to 17th Jan)

Model railway in the lobby for first couple of days. Ski lift worked and had a DB ICE express

Christmas train details stand in the lobby

Condensation on the window ( first day). Other days had no condensation

Just coming up to sunrise from my room 1918 ( 0730)

Hilton Carp/Strawberry 24 items ( for the sweets buffet ) in the Mozaik restaurant at breakfast time

Other side of the model railway in the lobby

View from my room just before sunset ( Fuji Grand car park in the foreground)

View from my room towards the bay

Go Carp! ( Mozaik Restaurant)

On the Monday, I was the only one in the pool ( hot tub at the far end with sauna & steam room behind me) Open till 2100 ( last entry at 2030)

Unlike during golden week when our table marker was silver ( representing Diamond) this time it was multicoloured ( pattern changed each day). Gold members had the standard gold colour. Special drinks menu for gold /Diamond members ( I had the berry smoothie)

More Carp items at the dinner buffet at Mozaik ( Y3900 before 25% Gold/Diamond discount)

More Carp!

Executive lounge ( 22nd floor) at 2030 just before closing at 2100. Snack in the table in the foreground. Soft drinks available.Nespresso coffee had very nice vanilla flavored capsules

Zatta bar in the morning ( before opening)

Executive lounge. During mid week during my stay, breakfast was only served in the restaurant and not in the lounge ( lower demand & to reduce food waste according to staff)

I think it is rare for Hilton hotels to sell small stuffed bears . Hilton Hiroshima was selling bears for Y 1500 so bought 2. They are larger than the Conrad bears ( left). The conrad tokyo christmas bear was sold at Conrad tokyo for Y2500 so Y1,500 for the Hilton Hiroshima bear is good value . Taken at the Conrad Tokyo where I went for 2 days after the Hilton Hiroshima

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:11 am

Pound for pound this must be the best value hotel in Japan right now. I'm still not quite sure how it's available for barely £100 a night, and to top it off we were upgraded to an executive king on arrival courtesy of gold status. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and new and there are great views from the upper floors.

The executive lounge was a nice bonus but I wouldn't pay a premium for it. I got a lot of pleasure out of the Asahi tornado beer dispenser but the food offering is fairly limited (enough for a fairly pleasant snack). It was busy both evenings but never complete bedlam.

The pool area and changing rooms are also very pleasant, albeit spoiled on the first day by a party of about 15 loud Americans sitting in the jacuzzi for over an hour drinking beer from 7/11. I think the staff were too intimidated to challenge them on it.

The breakfast buffet is extensive and there are some nice elements like the omelette station. The quality is so-so but for the price it's hard to complain.

Okay it's not a true luxury hotel but it's extremely pleasant and I don't think it can be beat in Hiroshima at this price point.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Heading here now after leaving the hilton nagasaki and using the shinkansen
booked a premium room and this morning the app showed an upgrade to an executive room and app shows it to be on the 22nd floor ( same floor as the executive lounge)
Expecting the hotel to be busy as golden week is just about to start

Regards
Tbs
Old Apr 26, 2024, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Taxi was y 1470 from hiroshima station.traffic was a little tailbacks heading to the station at 1615

Check in was quick and given 2211( room facing east towards hijiyama Park and is a good size.
suitcase from nagasaki sent yesterday was in the room.
lounge evening hours are 1700 to 1900 but this weekend there are 2 sessions and have to reserve a time ( have chosen the later slot of 1845 to 2000 for Sat and Sun
lounge was busy but got a counter seat at 1730
Items included chicken soup with pieces of chicken., bread truffle flavoured fries, beef canapes etc two types of small cube cakes.as well as candy in jars
prosecco was good.
lounge open till 2100 so after a walk at dusk to the peace park it was nice to grab a quick soft drink/juice /coffee at 2040 before closing
unlike nagasaki the diamond 25% discount does not apply to take away cakes from the lobby lounge but on the other hand it is valid during golden week
welcome gift is handed out at reception rather than in the room
Zatta lounge was busy and had live music ( last orders at 2330 for 2400 closing) jw blue was y 4000 ( y3500at hilton nagasaki) but y3000 with the diamond discount.they had a three type of sake tasting menu for y 2500
gym was good and will try the pool tomorrow
Breakfast in the lounge this weekend is 0700 to 1100 (1030 other days) and in mozaik from 0630 to 1030 this weekend (1000weekdays)
Breakfast in mozaik was busy this morning but no wait. Special diamond/Gold options were mango juice or a Berry smoothie.
bIt of a queue for the omelette station so i had the okonomiyaki in the lounge ( lounge a lot quieter than restaurant)
Regards

Tbs
Saturday afternoon tea was some crackers, candies and fresh fruit( inc bananas)
evenIng offerings were chicken vegetable soup , small bowlsof macaroni with grated cheese , battered fish nuggets( as you get in fish and chips) roast duck canapes and two types of cakes in small cubes as well as some cheese and salad in a bowl
Pool was good with a few people on the lounges but the pool was empty
kyushuman, hijiji and MP001 like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 27, 2024 at 4:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.