Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 6:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake

Stay Report - 5/24 to 5/25

Location: The hotel is located off I-285 at Northlake Parkway (Exit 36) across from the derelict Northlake Mall. Nearby are a few fast food restaurants and some local places as well. The area is a little on the sketchy side but I didn't feel unsafe.

Hotel: The hotel has been renovated from the outside but still feels like an older generation Hampton Inn inside. There's a breakfast area, small pantry, a business center (where neither computer worked), an outdoor pool and small indoor fitness center. The parking lot is big enough but construction has blocked a bunch of the spots.

Check In: The agent checking me in was friendly and thanked me for being Diamond though I was not offered points or a welcome amenity

Room: Pretty bad. It's been somewhat renovated to be like the new design Hampton rooms but done on the cheap. The room smelled musty, there was still a window air conditioner, the furniture was stained and scuffed and my sink didn't drain. It's way below the usual standards for a Hampton

Breakfast: The hot options were scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy along with pastries (most of them still wrapped), cereal, fruit and yogurt.

I'm rarely this disappointed by a Hampton Inn but this is just a bad property. I wish I'd stayed at the nearby Doubletree instead.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Report - 5/24 to 5/25

Location: The hotel is located off I-285 at Northlake Parkway (Exit 36) across from the derelict Northlake Mall. Nearby are a few fast food restaurants and some local places as well. The area is a little on the sketchy side but I didn't feel unsafe.

Hotel: The hotel has been renovated from the outside but still feels like an older generation Hampton Inn inside. There's a breakfast area, small pantry, a business center (where neither computer worked), an outdoor pool and small indoor fitness center. The parking lot is big enough but construction has blocked a bunch of the spots.

Check In: The agent checking me in was friendly and thanked me for being Diamond though I was not offered points or a welcome amenity

Room: Pretty bad. It's been somewhat renovated to be like the new design Hampton rooms but done on the cheap. The room smelled musty, there was still a window air conditioner, the furniture was stained and scuffed and my sink didn't drain. It's way below the usual standards for a Hampton

Breakfast: The hot options were scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy along with pastries (most of them still wrapped), cereal, fruit and yogurt.

I'm rarely this disappointed by a Hampton Inn but this is just a bad property. I wish I'd stayed at the nearby Doubletree instead.
I stayed at this property last year, it was within corporate policy with my last job. It was basic, functional and safe. Nothing to write home about. Pool was popular.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I used to work in Tucker and stayed here and the Doubletree a few times. Both are pretty bad and have the signature curtain closet LOL so you're not missing much. I just stay at the Marriott now in Emory and drive up if I have to be in the area.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gburn07
1. Where did you expect them to put the PTAC?
2. Aside from the chair- the pictures don't really show how god awful/deplorable/third world it apparently is from your pictures.
3. You may automatically receive your "my way" points without front desk claiming such.
4. I've had a slow drain at a 5 start resort, so don't base the place on a simple fix.
1. Newer hotels have HVAC that doesn't require a window unit. I am disappointed by window units as they don't tend to work really well.

2. I'm sorry I didn't also post pictures of the damaged areas in the bathroom, the chipped and scuffed desk and bedside table. I didn't use terms like "god awful, deplorable or third world" though so I'm not sure why you felt the need to mention those

3. I did not receive any points

4. Just because there are slow drains at other properties doesn't mean it's not something worth mentioning.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by madmanshoney
I stayed at this property last year, it was within corporate policy with my last job. It was basic, functional and safe. Nothing to write home about. Pool was popular.
Agreed. Except for the commode in direct view of the bed, this looks to be an average to above-average Hampton Inn.

I very much prefer the mini-split units that sit below the window rather than central air. In my experience, they seem to be much easier to control, fewer "smart" features that render the performance useless for the sake of cost/environment, etc.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Choice/Best Western
Originally Posted by aww3583
Agreed. Except for the commode in direct view of the bed, this looks to be an average to above-average Hampton Inn.

I very much prefer the mini-split units that sit below the window rather than central air. In my experience, they seem to be much easier to control, fewer "smart" features that render the performance useless for the sake of cost/environment, etc.

Exactly. A run of the mill location with the same PTAC setup 90 percent of builds have. Scuff marks on furniture are simple due to some typical hard use. I wouldn't expect them to trash the furniture the same as I wouldn't sell my car due to getting a door ding/scratch. I don't know, I used to stay at "comparable" Wyndham and choice brands and they are typically inferior to most Hamptons I have stayed at.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Really unclear why it is necessary to bash the review and reviewer of this property. He stayed at this hotel and provided a clear report. Of his stay.

David
lamphs and ElevatorEnthusiast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.