FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2022, 4:23 am
madmanshoney

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Report - 5/24 to 5/25

Location: The hotel is located off I-285 at Northlake Parkway (Exit 36) across from the derelict Northlake Mall. Nearby are a few fast food restaurants and some local places as well. The area is a little on the sketchy side but I didn't feel unsafe.

Hotel: The hotel has been renovated from the outside but still feels like an older generation Hampton Inn inside. There's a breakfast area, small pantry, a business center (where neither computer worked), an outdoor pool and small indoor fitness center. The parking lot is big enough but construction has blocked a bunch of the spots.

Check In: The agent checking me in was friendly and thanked me for being Diamond though I was not offered points or a welcome amenity

Room: Pretty bad. It's been somewhat renovated to be like the new design Hampton rooms but done on the cheap. The room smelled musty, there was still a window air conditioner, the furniture was stained and scuffed and my sink didn't drain. It's way below the usual standards for a Hampton

Breakfast: The hot options were scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy along with pastries (most of them still wrapped), cereal, fruit and yogurt.

I'm rarely this disappointed by a Hampton Inn but this is just a bad property. I wish I'd stayed at the nearby Doubletree instead.
I stayed at this property last year, it was within corporate policy with my last job. It was basic, functional and safe. Nothing to write home about. Pool was popular.