Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Early Check-In" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Early Check-In" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IntFF
OOPS - the icon in title was supposed to be a question mark.
I have a reservation for one of the Hamptons in NYC Times Square. I am Diamond.
I got an email offering a space-available early check-in at 9am !! for $19.
I called the front desk and asked if I do not deserve this for free as a Diamond., the lady said No.
Is this right?
Asked the mods to move this to the Hilton Forum where it belongs, but in the meantime:

Early check in (or late check out) is not a stated or guaranteed benefit of the Hilton program. (a big weakness, IMO). So while the hotel could choose to give it you when you arrive at the property, there's no entitlement to it.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:28 pm

You are at a large enough hotel that I would just be nice and check in and you probably will get it for free. I would avoid the entitlement discussion and your odds will increase. Your status will pop up on the computer.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion
You are at a large enough hotel that I would just be nice and check in and you probably will get it for free. I would avoid the entitlement discussion and your odds will increase. Your status will pop up on the computer.
Agreejust be nice and see what happens.
wizla likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Agreejust be nice and see what happens.
Thanks. But I decided to Increase my chance for 9am early checkin for potential charge of $19.
Hotel shows No availability of 2-queen-beds room for the checkin date. So it depends on an early checkout And Super-fast room cleaning.
I will land at JFK 6am !! with my granddaughter.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IntFF
OOPS - the icon in title was supposed to be a question mark.
I have a reservation for one of the Hamptons in NYC Times Square. I am Diamond.
I got an email offering a space-available early check-in at 9am !! for $19.
I called the front desk and asked if I do not deserve this for free as a Diamond., the lady said No.
Is this right?
Read my post above yours for a summary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.