Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort {Mex}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort {Mex}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: EB*G, HH Diamond, GPP Gold
Originally Posted by FindAWay
We're looking at a stay soon.

Does anyone have details on the Kids Club? Hours? Ages? Activities?
I am actually in the kids club as I write this, waiting for my daughter getting a face painting.

I have never been to an AI resort before, and actually not to any resort with kids, so my experience is limited. With this said, I can help with a few observations (FYI: My kids are 1 and 4, so all experience is based on this)
- open for 4-12 years old (There may be a teen club as well, but not sure)
- open from 10-18, and after that there are evening activities as well from 19-22)
- there is a comprehensive schedule for each day, activities range from painting, different types of craft, play games, treasure hunt etc.
- new activity every hour, so we have taken our daughter there serveral times per day depending on the activity
- the kids club house is huge and I would say very well equipped
- the staff is super friendly and great with kids, also taking into considerstion that my daughter does not speak a singel word English or Spanish, but they manage this

Anything else you’d like to know, please shout out!

kind regards

sk-STHLM
Old Nov 12, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by sk-STHLM
I am actually in the kids club as I write this, waiting for my daughter getting a face painting.

I have never been to an AI resort before, and actually not to any resort with kids, so my experience is limited. With this said, I can help with a few observations (FYI: My kids are 1 and 4, so all experience is based on this)
- open for 4-12 years old (There may be a teen club as well, but not sure)
- open from 10-18, and after that there are evening activities as well from 19-22)
- there is a comprehensive schedule for each day, activities range from painting, different types of craft, play games, treasure hunt etc.
- new activity every hour, so we have taken our daughter there serveral times per day depending on the activity
- the kids club house is huge and I would say very well equipped
- the staff is super friendly and great with kids, also taking into considerstion that my daughter does not speak a singel word English or Spanish, but they manage this

Anything else you’d like to know, please shout out!

kind regards

sk-STHLM
Thanks for all the information!

Is the Kids Club drop-off or do parents need to remain to supervise? Is there any additional requirements/limitations to the Kids Club?

Did you notice any elite recognition or upgrades for elites?

Do you happen to have any contact information for a manager or other staff who I might be able to reach out to regarding our complicated upcoming stay (multiple rooms across different reservations booked from different accounts)? [feel free to send by PM] I called the front desk; but, they couldn't answer basic questions about the resort without putting me on hold for each one to ask someone else.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres

Is the Kids Club drop-off or do parents need to remain to supervise? Is there any additional requirements/limitations to the Kids Club?

Do you happen to have any contact information for a manager or other staff who I might be able to reach out to regarding our complicated upcoming stay (multiple rooms across different reservations booked from different accounts)? [feel free to send by PM] I called the front desk; but, they couldn't answer basic questions about the resort without putting me on hold for each one to ask someone else.
I have similar questions. Booked one room at the Conrad and one at the Hilton, at the same time. Would be interested as well. Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 5:02 am

it is drop-off so no need to stay - I did sometimes though since our daughter is only 4 and does not speak english or spanish. No limitations that I am aware off except what you would expect: need to behave, and have to pick up timely etc. They take the kids to lunch/snacks etc, so a very nice service I would say.

I am no longer travelling for work, so I don’t have any status so cannot comment on upgrades, sorry.

on the contact: I really think this is a weak spot for this hotel. I tried to write them before I booked, but no reply. When here, I think communication in general is something they need to work on, and when I have reached out they always need to ask someone else and get back. So unfortunately I dont have a name for you.
FindAWay likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Does anyone have any experience with staying at the Conrad, but basically getting day passes to the Hilton All-Inclusive for the entire time of staying at the Conrad (since other family members will be staying at the Hilton)? I read somewhere that a day pass is $ 100 per person, which would be fine. Whom to contact at the Hilton to arrange this?

Also, if anyone has compared Hilton Kids Club vs. Conrad Kids Club...I would be interested.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 2:38 pm

One more question - this hotel seems to have something called the "Enclave Lounge" - as a Diamond member, do you automatically get access to this?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Football Fan
One more question - this hotel seems to have something called the "Enclave Lounge" - as a Diamond member, do you automatically get access to this?
That seems to be new since I stayed there in June, so no first hand experience. But a quick search of the rooms seems that they sell "enclave" rooms at a decent premium, or at least try to. Based on their website it doesn't seem like it's a normal lounge type setup so I would doubt Diamonds would automatically have access, but this seems like a question best directed to the property.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Football Fan
dont know of Diamonds get access (would guess not) but from my recent experience this is no real loss. It is like a decent executive lounge with some snacks a very well-stocked bar, but it is much nicer to take a drink in any of the other bars I would say, since there is no nice view from it etc. Only reason to spend time there would be if it is overcrowded elsewhere and you need some peace and quiet or if you want more premium brands of liquor (they told me they had, but never checked what that includes since I don’t really care…dont think it was anything amazing/spectacular though).
Football Fan likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: AS,UA
Does anyone know if you are using points at this hotel and have 2 adults and 2 kids if you have to pay a supplemental fee for the kids, i think the La Romana Hilton is 95 per kid per night but was wondering if this AI had the same kind of policy.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by lebowski2222
Does anyone know if you are using points at this hotel and have 2 adults and 2 kids if you have to pay a supplemental fee for the kids, i think the La Romana Hilton is 95 per kid per night but was wondering if this AI had the same kind of policy.
nothing appeared during the booking process.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:02 pm

Exclamation Hilton Tulum All Inclusive Room Block Help

Hello,

Need advise on what to do. I have a wedding coming up in Hilton Tulum. As this is a brand new hotel and i booked everything before the hotel even opened, i thought i was getting a killer price for both wedding and room block. I was wrong. I ended up signing a 60 room contract for my guest as i was scared the prices were going to skyrocket and i wanted to guarantee the best price.

Since the hotel is now open and operating, Hilton has been advertising deals, sales and prices that have been consistently lower then my room block price. You can imagine my embarrassment as all of my guest have contacted me about these deals and i have no good answer for them.

To make things worse, Expedia had a Black Friday sale that saved my guests almost $1000 on their total stay! So i had over 15 rooms book that deal and not go through my room block. I don't blame them as this is an insane savings. I understand that Expedia is 3rd party and they can't do anything about those prices but that an extreme price difference!

To make things double worse, The actual Hilton website now has a "group rate" if you book over 10 rooms, you can get a special rate. That special rate is over $110 cheaper than my room block price. They are not willing to price match that rate even though its on their own website.

Now I'm stuck with too many rooms and don't know what to do.

Is there anyway to get me out of this contract?

Hilton Honors Ambassador

Last edited by erbrcr; Dec 5, 2022 at 3:06 pm Reason: add tag
Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Unless you had language included in your contract that the hotel would not offer a lower rate or would match the lowest rate, you are not going to have any luck. The other option would be to have had language with a strong cancellation or attrition clause. Do you have the ability to reduce your block from now until the date of the event? If you know your guests have "booked around the block" I would drop as many rooms as the contract will permit.

If it were me, I would also reach out to the Sales Manager of the hotel and let him know you expect that you are going to have empty rooms in your block and you'd like to sell them back to the hotel and see if he is willing to do that with no penalty to you. You should demand an addendum with both parties signing to make sure you are covered. If you can't get any resolution from that, I might advertise them somewhere or try to sell them. The hotel going to tell you that they pulled these rooms from inventory and have had them set aside, but they should be obligated to try and resell them in order to liquidate damages. The fact that it is an A/I resort in another country means they may not have some of the same contract language that is used in the U.S. Good luck,
Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:41 pm

This isn’t as simple as the hotel agreeing to reduce or eliminate the room block minimum. Your event proposed costs were likely based to some extent on expected room revenue. Asking a property to void the room block requirement is not reasonable IMO.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 5:49 pm

Can anyone advise the taxi situation to the town of Tulum? We booked a couple of tours with a meeting point in Tulum. Just checked the maps and it's 15 miles away from the hotel. I understand Uber is not available. Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:16 pm

Does anyone have a link to the "app" that they can share? Will be visiting over spring break and am expecting restaurants to be pretty busy, so I'd like to make sure I'm ready to go with reservations as soon as I get there. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.