Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort {Mex}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold

I'm surprised there isn't one yet, so I'm starting a thread for the Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya AI. The property has a tentative opening date of May 12, 2022. It has 735 rooms and suites, 13 restaurants and bars, and a luxury spa.

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cun...lusive-resort/

I'm very interested in this property. I'm thinking about doing 2 nights at the Conrad Tulum and then switching to 5 nights at the Hilton Tulum in Nov '22 or Jan '23
Kerrirdh likes this.

Last edited by Cat88L3; Mar 7, 2022 at 7:57 am Reason: Wrong link
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:29 pm

Seems to be a pretty interesting one. Debating between this one and the Conrad next door for burning certificate on a trip in May with family (have a 3.5 yr kid so mostly just resort lounging)
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by yqx733
Seems to be a pretty interesting one. Debating between this one and the Conrad next door for burning certificate on a trip in May with family (have a 3.5 yr kid so mostly just resort lounging)
Just from my experiences with Conrads as I've been to a few of them internationally - The Hilton Tulum is going to be more child friendly than the Conrad. I actually did speak to the Conrad front desk this morning and they have confirmed this. Not many kids at the Conrad Tulum, which is great for me as I don't have children.

I'm still interested in both properties as I love the Tulum beaches. I think I'm going to do a split stay with a couple of days at the Conrad and then I'll do 5 nights at the Hilton Tulum using points. I prefer Conrads over Hiltons hands down, but I think the AI value from the Hilton is too good to pass up

Another thing is the Hilton is all-inclusive while the Conrad isn't.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:01 pm

So is this a brand new property, or did Hilton take over something, invest in massive remodel/upgrade, and then opening in May? Considering this or Hilton Vallarta Riviera in PVR. Looking at doing 7 night trip over new years.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by dprocuk
So is this a brand new property, or did Hilton take over something, invest in massive remodel/upgrade, and then opening in May? Considering this or Hilton Vallarta Riviera in PVR. Looking at doing 7 night trip over new years.
Both this and the joining Conrad are brand new builds on land which was previously just open to nature (not built on previously).

Its quite difficult to judge the layout/amenity of this resort, as there are no photos/renders of the wider resort area. It covers a huge length of coast line, and says it has 9 pools, but the photo renders only cover the main area with a rather small 'main' pool area.
Lefly likes this.

Last edited by kryten22uk; Mar 29, 2022 at 4:33 am
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:58 am

Im interested as an adult traveler without kids what the difference is between the family rooms and the regular rooms? Are they making an adult only section of rooms? I'm intrigued since its new, in tulum and an all inclusive.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:07 pm

Looks like its open! I can book a night for tonight.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:00 am

Looks pretty nice! Check out their official facebook page. They have some video footage.

Went ahead and booked a few nights in May to see how it is. For the nightly rate a shiny new all inclusive sounded pretty good compared to the Conrad next door.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cryptoprophet
Looks pretty nice! Check out their official facebook page. They have some video footage.

Went ahead and booked a few nights in May to see how it is. For the nightly rate a shiny new all inclusive sounded pretty good compared to the Conrad next door.
Can you post a link of their Facebook page? I've looked and cannot find a Hilton Tulum Facebook.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Rgraffia87
Can you post a link of their Facebook page? I've looked and cannot find a Hilton Tulum Facebook.
sure! https://www.facebook.com/HiltonTulumRivieraMaya/
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:20 am

It's a bit of a hybrid - a new hotel that was going to be a Fiesta Americana and Live Aqua, but will now be a Hilton + Conrad
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
We just stayed at the Conrad April 5-10, and it was a nice stay but even the Conrad still feels new and growing into its skin.
We used the free bikes to bike all around the Hilton property (they're connected by some small service roads) and while it definitely didn't look ready to open, they were working hard to install landscaping etc. Seemed the buildings and bigger stuff is mostly done.
I would delay a trip if your main goal is ocean swimming, since Tulum this year has one of its worst seaweed seasons in memory (according to locals). The mounds of washed-up seaweed are at least a foot high and 3 feet deep on places where it's not being cleaned constantly. We enjoyed sitting poolside and beachside and some short swims, once you're away from the shore the seaweed is ok but still not great. The Conrad had a team of 6 guys working dawn till dusk with wheelbarrows, shovels, and on some days pickup trucks and a huge dump truck(!) that made trip after trip after trip taking seaweed away, and each day there was more. We were told the seaweed is even worse at Playa del Carmen so it's not a Conrad/Hilton issue.
The area is a gated community so no vendors or anyone else, meaning it's a very quiet and high-end feel on the water.
I think that Hilton guests will have access to paid meals at the Conrad, and maybe (?) pools. The Conrad gym is fantastic. Conrad breakfast is in the top 10% of hotel breakfasts I've ever had, free as a Diamond on an award stay.
PM me with any more questions.
sobore likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:30 pm

Thought I would throw it out there. Was able to secure $245 a night for Hilton Tulum through the upsell delta powered by hotels dot com in a flight itinerary. So if you have a delta ticket to cancun, just pull it up on your browser and then in the hotels box under your ticket, you can pull up the hilton tulum. Best deal by far I could find.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, base with everyone else
Hilton Tulum Covid Test

Hi All -

Anybody know if the Hilton Tulum provides on-site Covid test to get back to the US? If yes, is it complimentary or is it for a fee? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by FlyHighDude
Hi All -

Anybody know if the Hilton Tulum provides on-site Covid test to get back to the US? If yes, is it complimentary or is it for a fee? Thanks in advance.
get the proctored binaxnow test. The best for traveling return to US Covid tests. So easy no stress from the comfort of your room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.