Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Update: Daily Food & Beverage Credit 2022 onwards in the U.S. and Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
The most commonly posed questions about the new food/beverage benefit, which is now extended into 2023, are
  • how it works for multi-night stays, and
  • to what extent it applies outside the US
Here's what we do & don't know:
  • The credit does not accumulate over the duration of your stay. For instance, if you stay for 2 nights at a $15/night property, you cannot use the benefit toward a single $30 purchase.
  • Thus, the credit for a given day may only be used on that day. It expires afterward.
    • Hilton's FAQ insists that "[t]he credit does not 'expire' until the member checks out." This is, to put it politely, complete nonsense.
  • The Hilton FAQ states that "the daily amount re-sets each day to the maximum daily credit value at midnight." Unfortunately, this addition to the FAQ--made in Spring 2022--raises as many questions as it answers.
    • The Hilton FAQ states explicitly that "for a one-night hotel stay, a Hilton Honors member would receive one complimentary Daily F&B Credit; the member may use the credit on the day of arrival or day of departure." This would be the sensible approach, but the alleged "midnight reset" policy cannot be reconciled with it.
    • A similar problem exists for any stay of N nights. Unless a guest arrives after midnight on the first night, or departs before midnight on the last night, there will be N+1 "days" (using midnight as the demarcator) but only N usable F&B credits. For example, a guest arrives Monday for a two-night stay. That means the credits may be used only on two of the three "days," those being Monday evening; Tuesday; and Wednesday morning (departure).
  • The benefit terms were revised in December 2022 to cover Motto properties outside the US; previously, the F&B credit applied only to US properties. However, the official T&C now refer more vaguely to complimentary continental breakfast OR a Daily Food & Beverage Credit (varies by brand and region). (link)
  • A reputable blogger reported in late December 2022 that the Hilton Fallsview in Canada is also issuing F&B credits in lieu of free breakfast, with Hilton corporate appearing to ratify this decision. (link) In November 2023, a FT member reported the same occurring at the Doubletree Calgary North (link).

*Select markets include the cities of Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, New York City, San Francisco, Key Largo, Key West, the County of Los Angeles and the state of Hawaii.

(return to top)

Official Hilton benefit statement/FAQ (updated December 2022):

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What hotels offer the Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit is available to Gold and Diamond members at all of Hiltons luxury, full-service and lifestyle properties as well as all Hilton Garden Inn hotels in the United States, and Motto by Hilton globally, replacing the MyWay complimentary continental breakfast benefit.

The brands include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Signia by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Motto by Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn.

2. Which members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit is provided to all Gold and Diamond members that select the F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit. The credit is provided to the Hilton Honors member and one additional guest registered to the same room for each night of their stay. The credit is per person (up to two people) in one guest room per stay.

Members can check their Hilton Honors status and make changes to their MyWay benefits by logging in to their account online at HiltonHonors.com or Hilton Honors mobile app.

3. What are the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit values for each Brand Category?

Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members that select the complimentary Daily F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive a $10 F&B Credit per night when staying at Hilton Garden Inn, a $15 F&B Credit per night at full-service and lifestyle properties, and a $25 F&B Credit per night at luxury properties.

A $18 F&B Credit per night will be provided at full-service and lifestyle properties located in the cities of Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, Key West, Key Largo, New York City, San Francisco, the County of Los Angeles and the state of Hawaii.

A $12 F&B Credit per night will be provided at Motto By Hilton Tulum and a 10 F&B Credit per night will be provided at Motto by Hilton Rotterdam Blaak.

The full list of participating brands include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts , LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Signia by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Canopy by Hilton, Motto by Hilton, and Hilton Garden Inn.

4. Does the Daily F&B Credit impact Hilton brands that offer all guests complimentary breakfast?

Guests staying at Hiltons brands that offer complimentary breakfast to all guests will continue to receive this offering. The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit does not apply to the following brands: Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton.

5. How does the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit work?

Prior to arrival, members will be notified by email or notification through the Hilton Honors app of the complimentary Daily F&B Credit. Members can then log in to their Hilton Honors account online or through the Hilton Honors app to select their preferred MyWay benefit for their next stay the Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit or Hilton Honors Bonus Points.

Upon hotel check-in, the members status will be confirmed, and they will be informed by the front desk staff and/or the Hilton Honors app about the Daily F&B Credit including which on-property outlets are participating. Each day of their stay, the Hilton Honors member will charge their eligible F&B purchases to their room, and the credit will be automatically applied to their total bill for those F&B purchases charged to their room.

6. Will the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit accrue across days?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit is provided to the member (and up to one additional guest registered to the same room) for each night of their stay and does not accrue or rollover from one day to the next if unused.

The daily credit amount may be used in full on the day of check-in or check-out, or on various eligible items throughout these days until the maximum daily amount is reached.

7. How does the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit work for a 1-night stay? Would a member receive two credits (for check-in and check-out day) or one credit?

Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members receive one complimentary Daily F&B Credit for the member and one for the additional guest registered to the same room each night of their stay, consistent with the previous complimentary Continental Breakfast benefit. For a one-night hotel stay, a Hilton Honors member would receive one complimentary Daily F&B Credit; the member may use the credit on the day of arrival or day of departure. The credit may be used in full/entirety on day of check-in or check-out, or on various eligible items each day until the maximum daily amount or total stay maximum is reached.

8. Which F&B outlets can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit be utilized?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit can be utilized at all participating F&B outlets on-property, including the market/grab-and-go and in-room dining/room service, where applicable, plus participating third-party outlets. The Daily F&B Credit cannot be utilized for any non-F&B related spend, such as the room rate, spa or gift shops.

9. Can members use the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on alcoholic beverages?

The Daily F&B Credit may be used to purchase alcoholic beverages, subject to state and local laws.

10. Do members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on day-rate reservations, such as WorkSpaces by Hilton?

Like the previous elite continental breakfast benefit, the Hilton Honors Daily F&B credit will not apply to day-rate reservations.

11. Will members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on rates/packages that include F&B, such as the Breakfast Included rate?

Yes, Diamond or Gold members that select the complimentary Daily F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B credit on Points eligible rates including specific food & beverage rates or packages.

12. Do members who book with a group such as a meeting or conference receive the Daily F&B Credit?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit benefit is provided to Diamond and Gold members, based on their MyWay selection, on Points eligible rates and reward nights.

13. Can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit apply to taxes and gratuity?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit can be applied to taxes and gratuity.

14. How do members add/register a guest to the reservation?

When booking the reservation through preferred Hilton channels, such as online at Hilton.com or the Hilton Honors app, members should ensure they indicate the total number of people staying in the room to receive up to two Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit allowances.

15. Does the Hilton Honors member receive an additional Daily F&B Credit for double occupancy?

The complimentary Daily F&B Credit is intended to cover up to two guests, which includes the Hilton Honors member and one additional guest registered to the same room (on one room per stay), per night.

16. Can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit be utilized across multiple outlets within a day?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit can be utilized across multiple outlets within one day. It will be automatically applied against all eligible F&B charges made within that timeframe, up to the total daily credit amount.

17. If members do not have F&B charges, can they apply the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit to the total folio?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit was created to provide guests with more dining-related flexibility, so the credit can only be applied to eligible F&B charges billed to the members room.

18. Some members may utilize the hotel restaurants or bar areas for meetings, dinners, etc. without staying at the hotel. Does the Hilton Honors member have to be staying at the hotel to receive the F&B credit?

Hilton Honors members, even if utilizing hotel facilities such as a restaurant or bar area, must be a registered guest of the hotel to receive the complimentary Daily F&B Credit.

19. Do members receive the Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit on redemption/reward stays?

Yes, Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members that select the complimentary Daily F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive the Daily F&B Credit on hotel reward stays, both reservations booked with all Points or Points & Money.

20. Do members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit at all-inclusive properties?

Like the previous elite Continental Breakfast benefit, the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit is not offered at all-inclusive properties.

21. If a member selects Points over the Daily F&B Credit on a reservation with a registered guest, do they receive double Points?

The Hilton Honors Bonus Points selection via MyWay Benefits is a one-time bonus per stay, regardless of the number of guests.

22. Can a guest make a change to their MyWay benefit mid-stay to receive the Daily F&B Credit?

No, Hilton Honors members should make their MyWay benefit selections prior to check-in or during arrival in order to receive the complimentary Daily F&B Credit.

23. When does the credit expire each day?

The credit does not expire until the member checks out. However, the daily amount re-sets each day to the maximum daily credit value at midnight. Members can use up to the total daily maximum and are responsible for anything beyond that amount.

Since the member gets a new credit each day (for the number of nights of their stay), the only day they can use any leftover credit is the morning of check-out. (return to top)

24. How will the complimentary Daily F&B Credit appear on my hotel bill/folio?

The total eligible Daily F&B Credit amount used and billed to the room during a members stay will be automatically applied and appear as one line item per day on a members hotel bill/folio, deducted from the total stay cost at the end of their stay.

25. How will the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit be handled at hotels with Executive Lounges?

At hotels that have an Executive Lounge that offers complimentary breakfast, Diamond members and Gold members upgraded to Executive Lounge access will not receive the Daily F&B Credit. These hotels will provide the Daily F&B Credit to Gold members not upgraded to Executive Lounge access.
(return to top)
Print Wikipost

Update: Daily Food & Beverage Credit 2022 onwards in the U.S. and Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Hilton needs to add the ability to do another folio for incidental charges and to take the $24 or $30 or whatever a day off that folio and do a separate folio for just the room and taxes.
The ability more than exists. You can have three folios per guest room in OnQ. Literally A, B and C. Three clicks, ten seconds and it can be done. Front desk 101 type of stuff. Never accept that it can't be done or that the agent doesn't know how.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by jbeckett
I think the way to fix the issue would be for Hilton to provide significant milestone bonuses a la Hyatt (free nights, suite upgrade awards) or American Airlines (system wide upgrades). That would keep the credit card Diamonds, as well as encourage stays from the business travelers.
I think everyone on here would agree that would make a lot of sense. I know Hyatt had me do a mattress one at least once to get the extra suite night cert Or give out choice gifts like Delta does to their earned diamonds and Caesars gives you more benefits for a diamond based on your spin. Caesars can keep the people that have diamond status through status match happy by giving them the benefits of things like no resort fees and late check outs while the earned diamonds are getting additional benefits like priority for suite upgrades and don't have to use points for lounge access.

I'd love to find a chain that would have the revovling 24 hour check in /check out time like SPG did for their really high spenders
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:25 pm

. I'd love to find a chain that would have the revovling 24 hour check in /check out time like SPG did for their really high spenders
your24 was a good benefit but had to be requested in advance and not always guaranteed as it was based on the hotel's availability to do so.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by 1mileman
your24 was a good benefit but had to be requested in advance and not always guaranteed as it was based on the hotel's availability to do so.
I thought it was a guaranteed benefit. Did you have to have something like 90 nights a year to be eligible for it though? I would have loved it on west coast trips when I land late at night and do redeyes home or europe trips when I land in the morning and also leave in the morning.

Too bad about the SPG merger and how Marriott ruined that program. I got some really nice upgrades and never an issue with late checkouts by just being a diamond on Delta with the crossover program and SPG elites had some nice benefits with Delta as well.

That's another benefit that would be great for Hilton to have, a crossover type program with an airline
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:05 pm

I thought it was a guaranteed benefit. Did you have to have something like 90 nights a year to be eligible for it though? I would have loved it on west coast trips when I land late at night and do redeyes home or europe trips when I land in the morning and also leave in the morning.

Too bad about the SPG merger and how Marriott ruined that program. I got some really nice upgrades and never an issue with late checkouts by just being a diamond on Delta with the crossover program and SPG elites had some nice benefits with Delta as well.

That's another benefit that would be great for Hilton to have, a crossover type program with an airline
it was not a guaranteed benefit but a based on availability benefit. However hotels were "encouraged" to provide it as long as occupancy allowed for it. You can't do your24 if the hotel was legit sold out the night of departure which is why hotel management had a hand in determining approval or not. your24 was only for those who stayed 100 nights or ambassador service guests back in the days of spg which is why its only available for bonvoy ambassador elites and why it needs to be requested in advance to ensure availability.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gbdbld
Is Conrad food significantly more expensive than a Hilton or Curio? If not then $50 is way better than $30-36.
Generally, yes. But it's also better.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: QF P, HH D
Can confirm in Australia they do. If you are Platinum / Gold With Virgin Australia you get a "one time for life" (one full status period, rest of year requested + 1 full year, until March the year after) match to Hhonors. It's always been "once", but previously if you changed between status levels such as go to gold then back to platinum it would reset. They have plugged this loophole now and I now can never do it again. It's actually what got me in the door to Hilton, prior to my match I had never stayed at a Hilton property.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
I don't disagree with any of that. I just am questioning whether Hilton really expects "credit card diamonds" to every achieve diamond level on their own or are just happy with the incremental stays. I know I will never make diamond on my own without something changing drastically, but my Hilton vs. Marriott nights were 16 to 3 last year, mostly because of the credit card. Is Hilton happy with that? I think that is exactly the point, but I could be myopic too.
I think Hilton doesn't really care whether or not the credit card Diamonds "achieve Diamond level on their own". The incremental stays that come with the breakfast benefit or this "substitute" credit are a product of direct channel bookings that mean a good chunk more money for Hilton and Hilton-affiliated hotels. Most other booking channels used for Hilton hotel stays don't come with customer eligibility for the breakfast benefit at the booked Hilton hotels. Credit card elites or not, the Hilton program member elites are paying up for this breakfast benefit and "substitute" credit eligibility via direct channel bookings; otherwise, such customers are at the mercy of the hotel and/or particular hotel staff on whether or not they get a breakfast benefit or this "substitute" credit equivalent.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I think Hilton doesn't really care whether or not the credit card Diamonds "achieve Diamond level on their own". The incremental stays that come with the breakfast benefit or this "substitute" credit are a product of direct channel bookings that mean a good chunk more money for Hilton and Hilton-affiliated hotels. Most other booking channels used for Hilton hotel stays don't come with customer eligibility for the breakfast benefit at the booked Hilton hotels. Credit card elites or not, the Hilton program member elites are paying up for this breakfast benefit and "substitute" credit eligibility via direct channel bookings; otherwise, such customers are at the mercy of the hotel and/or particular hotel staff on whether or not they get a breakfast benefit or this "substitute" credit equivalent.
Heck, I didn't even use or was at a hotel where the breakfast benefit wasn't applicable half the time. When points are 34-54x vs. Marriotts 10x's or the rooms are free because of points I have earned, the choice is pretty easy.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by banana0692
Can confirm in Australia they do. If you are Platinum / Gold With Virgin Australia you get a "one time for life" (one full status period, rest of year requested + 1 full year, until March the year after) match to Hhonors. It's always been "once", but previously if you changed between status levels such as go to gold then back to platinum it would reset. They have plugged this loophole now and I now can never do it again. It's actually what got me in the door to Hilton, prior to my match I had never stayed at a Hilton property.
When SPG was around they didn't do a direct status match but SPG elites were eligible for upgrades (after delta elites cleared) and free bags and preferred seating on Delta and Delta Diamonds received upgrades at SPG (after their elites were upgraded) and a 4p.m. checkout and bonus points. Worked out great because I didn't stay at SPG much and they got a few stays from me with those benefits and I had a friend that was high up with SPG and he didn't fly much but would take Delta when he did for the benefits. Hyatt and American had some kind of status match but I didn't look into it since I never fly American and I used to get a couple United Club lounge coupons every eyar from Hyatt but haven't used those since United now requires you be flying them to use them and they also do a Status Match with MGM which is nice to use for free parking on event nights in Detroit and I gave my friend that lives in Vegas one of my cards so he can get free parking when he goes to the strip. Wyndham status matches with Caesars which is great because I can avoind paying resort fees in Vegas and also give my friend a card for free parking who lives in Vegas. Marriott elites get free silver on United.

Wish Hilton had a benefit with an airline but since they give status out so freely, I can see were they would have trouble finding a partner unless the status/benefits were given based on so many nights stayed but that would be too time consuming for a partner.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Or it can also drive away stays to the competition as well. Like in my case I can shift business to Hyatt to try to keep status there as well (would be hard to do this year if it wasn't for the Hilton credit card) and another person in my office is shifting more business there to keep status at Marriott since we'll both have the same benefits with a credit card with a negative fee and have the diamond status for the ten years needed for LTD. And why go for 1000 nights for LTD status when you can get it for free?

I' m praying the rumors are true about the Marriott credit card that will give out Platinum or even better Titantium status and I can be top status with all three chains, will help out a lot on travel, I can stay with the cheapest or most conveniently located chain knowing I'll get decent benefits.

I remember Richard Andereson used to say during the safety announcement videos on Delta flights that loyalty is a two way street. I think that is the case with Hilton, they keep making cutbacks and give status away so no reason to be loyal to them with stays either.
Sometimes, I believe you contradict the very points you will die on a hill for. You talk a lot about "earned status" and how much the people "buying it" ruin the brand. Yet you just advocated for Marriott to follow the same model for your benefit. Your more recent post also talks a lot about status matches. All of these things are companies trying to "buy" loyalty. It's quite clear you have taken advantage of such offers in the past. Staying with a particular brand for 60 days is not always feasible, even to those who travel frequently.

This reminds me of the AMEX Centurion Lounge discussion (or any kind of perk, free service, benefit, etc). Where everyone wants the better experience for themselves. Some believe the kids or family need to go. Some believe it's the young adults. Some believe it should just be for solo travelers. Etc etc. Ultimately, it's up to the company to decide how they want to roll out their benefits. In the case of Centurion, AMEX spoke loud and clear that their big CC spenders are their bead and butter.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Sometimes, I believe you contradict the very points you will die on a hill for. You talk a lot about "earned status" and how much the people "buying it" ruin the brand. Yet you just advocated for Marriott to follow the same model for your benefit. Your more recent post also talks a lot about status matches. All of these things are companies trying to "buy" loyalty. It's quite clear you have taken advantage of such offers in the past. Staying with a particular brand for 60 days is not always feasible, even to those who travel frequently.

This reminds me of the AMEX Centurion Lounge discussion (or any kind of perk, free service, benefit, etc). Where everyone wants the better experience for themselves. Some believe the kids or family need to go. Some believe it's the young adults. Some believe it should just be for solo travelers. Etc etc. Ultimately, it's up to the company to decide how they want to roll out their benefits. In the case of Centurion, AMEX spoke loud and clear that their big CC spenders are their bead and butter.
These companies doing status match's though are companies that don't give out status for free like Hilton. If you are status matching from Hyatt/MGM you have to spend a lot with those companies and they don't give out top status with the status match anyway. I'm sure that may have something to do with no one partnering with Hilton since they give the status out so freely. Also with a lot of status match's like the Wyndham/Caesars status match the people that spend money with Caesars are getting a lot better benefits than you get through the status match (which they should). My issue with Hilton is that unlike Caesars and SPG with their match programs, they aren't taking care of their big spenders first. It is benefiting me in the end though I guess, I no longer have to worry about stays with Hilton or working towards lifetime diamond status since I can have it for free and can concentrate my stays at Hyatt.to keep status there. And unlike a lot of the people who have their status via a credit card on this forum, I don't whine about changes in benefits or expect to be treated like a high spender. You didn't see my complaining when Caesars put a minimum spend to get in their lounges and took the free access away from all diamonds. Hilton needs to do the same here, give out additional benefits to people after so much in spend or so many nights like Hyatt does with Suite certificates. It would keep some loyalty with the hilton frequent guests while allowing credit card holders to still have status and not taking away anything from them

I know there is a lot of arguing on the CL lounge thread but the CL's are owned and ran by Am Ex and American Express is a credit card company and they are taking care of their big spenders. Can you imagine what it would be like if they started giving CL access to people who spent 30 stays a year at Hilton and had the Hilton credit card???? Am Ex is taking care of their biggest spenders unlike Hilton
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Hilton needs to do the same here, give out additional benefits to people after so much in spend or so many nights like Hyatt does with Suite certificates
They do, it's just not all that lucrative.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:20 pm

My partner had signed up for the Surpass card about a year ago - in part for the sign up bonus and in part because we wanted to see if Hilton would work for our needs. While the points from the sign-up bonus were nice, I don't see us keeping it or worrying about Hilton status in the future. This change is a decent part of the reason why. If I'm making the effort to book directly and hold the affinity card with an annual fee, I want tangible benefits back. The points have become quite a bit less useful, and room rates (when I've been looking) have went up a fair amount.

The ability to get a free breakfast at basically every Hilton-family hotel, with no major strings attached and with little fuss, was a strong reason that has been removed. If I'm having to worry about fiddling around with credits, worrying about whether I'm using them at the right time or if they're going to post correctly, and I'll probably still be paying a bit out-of-pocket anyways for breakfast, I'll just book wherever's cheapest and buy my own breakfast somewhere with the savings. I'll even gamble with Priceline and Hotwire if the price is right - and lately it often is. Now instead of Hilton getting a full room rate for the price of a breakfast, they're having to woo me with prices lower than the competition and/or a stellar offering on an opaque booking, with the OTA getting a cut of that. If that's Hilton's intent, then I guess I'm fine with that.
Mikey, jsrdelta and craig44485 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jebr
[...]
The ability to get a free breakfast at basically every Hilton-family hotel, with no major strings attached and with little fuss, was a strong reason that has been removed. If I'm having to worry about fiddling around with credits, worrying about whether I'm using them at the right time or if they're going to post correctly, and I'll probably still be paying a bit out-of-pocket anyways for breakfast, I'll just book wherever's cheapest and buy my own breakfast somewhere with the savings.
Well put, jebr! The "fiddling around with credits..." is the real deal-breaker here. Hilton has had time to sort it out and it seems that it's not a high priority.
Mikey, jsrdelta and jebr like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.