Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Family MVP Rate -- 2020 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cblaisd
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

ARCHIVES FOR PREVIOUS MVP THREADS ARE HERE:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1811953-archive-2015-hilton-family-mvp-rate.html?highlight=mvp

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/932556-archive-hilton-family-mvp-rate-2016-through-2019-a.html?highlight=mvp
Print Wikipost

Hilton Family MVP Rate -- 2020 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I'm still seeing the MVP rate sporadically but it is now above the AAA rate. End of an era. I used it for the vast majority of my US stays.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:40 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
I'm guessing that you probably have to have the appropriate Corporate Account number in your profile to access the MVP rates. End of an era, indeed.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Thanks for that info.

Here's how I found the Hampton MVP code being useful in a London search: I started at the MVP site, but I then added AAA, AARP, and Senior discounted rates (by clicking the checkboxes). Every hotel in London showed one of those or Member Discount except the Hampton showed MVP, and MVP was indeed lower than all of the other discounts there.

But when I repeated this for Paris (for the random date I picked), not even the Hampton showed the MVP rate as lowest.

Now, in my case, AAA, AARP, and senior rates are all valid rates for me, but even if they aren't for you, you could use this trick in searches to see which properties are really still giving MVP discounts better than most other discounts.
Interesting results. I’ve tried a search in Paris again, Hampton Paris Clichy shows MVP as lowest rate with old terms and cancellable.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:43 pm

Public Sector / Gov

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Someone mentioned the government rate, and it is often 25-30% lower than rack rate, but that might be risky if you are not, in fact, a government employee.
Thoughts?
I’d be interested to see if anything changes with such rates. I’ve used gov rate on duty and public sector for leisure many times. Haven’t been asked for ID once, but always have it on hand just in case.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: United Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
MVP link not working today

I just noticed this, the hhonors.com/mvp link I always use isn't working. I wonder if this is temporary or permanent.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by scottemick
I just noticed this, the hhonors.com/mvp link I always use isn't working. I wonder if this is temporary or permanent.
When I go to mine it tells me it's a compromised website. I'm not booking the MVP rate anymore, but it was the last bastion of the old format, which I like so much better.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
This link works: https://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
scottemick likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never heard of that link. It indeed isn't working.

But the one listed in the wikipost atop this thread:

https://stay.hilton.com/mvp

is working fine (technically) for me this morning as long as I don't open it in Chrome in a normal window (it does work for me in Chrome in an incognito/private window, and it works in Firefox where I have it bookmarked in any type of window). It's still giving rates that are worse than AAA/etc in most places, but the website itself is working fine.

(I've long been using it with incognito/private windows, because I tired of Hilton sending me emails "book that hotel now" when I was just doing exploratory searches, even without logging in!)

If I click on the FlyerTalk link in Chrome without using an incognito window, it redirects to a normal Hilton website, but then lets me paste the link manually and that works. I don't know why. It might be because of extensions I have on by default in Chrome but not in Firefox?

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 29, 2020 at 11:50 am
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
For now, MVP rate is a dead topic (to me). Wake me up when you find an accessible rate code that allows returning to Hilton. There are enough Hyatt properties that offer better value to satisfy.
scottemick likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:18 am

Is anyone here a member of Orienteering USA? They list the MVP discount as available to their members, but their website still refers people back to the old MVP site that doesn't work anymore. Just trying to see if their members still get the MVP rates. If so, it might be worth the $35 annual fee to join.

https://orienteeringusa.org/membersh...ber-discounts/
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by zachary
Is anyone here a member of Orienteering USA? They list the MVP discount as available to their members, but their website still refers people back to the old MVP site that doesn't work anymore. Just trying to see if their members still get the MVP rates. If so, it might be worth the $35 annual fee to join.

https://orienteeringusa.org/membersh...ber-discounts/
Maybe email and ask them?
Old Apr 5, 2020, 7:19 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
In light of the upcoming travel recession, it may be prudent for Hilton to bring back the public MVP Rate once travel opens back up again to get that segment of travelers over to Hilton properties once travel resumes again.
DiverDave, mudpuppy and Sisosig like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Cannot find a MVP booking link that works. Anyone have one? Has the program been discontinued? Thank you.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Cannot find a MVP booking link that works. Anyone have one? Has the program been discontinued? Thank you.
This ship has sailed as far as I know.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Discontinued long ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.