Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Family MVP Rate -- 2020 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cblaisd
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

ARCHIVES FOR PREVIOUS MVP THREADS ARE HERE:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1811953-archive-2015-hilton-family-mvp-rate.html?highlight=mvp

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/932556-archive-hilton-family-mvp-rate-2016-through-2019-a.html?highlight=mvp
Print Wikipost

Hilton Family MVP Rate -- 2020 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:52 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
USGA membership up to $36 per year now.
It was $25 when I purchased it eight days ago!
TonyTone likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:30 am

US Bowling Conference -- $10 according to http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....ltBasicFAQ.pdf. I can't really tell how long the membership lasts and you have to print your own membership card off the website.

Join at https://www.bowl.com/join/.

Somewhere, there's a free one. I'm surprised no one's found it yet.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by zachary
US Bowling Conference -- $10 according to http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....ltBasicFAQ.pdf.
Seems like would need to find a local short league to join for this membership. The only membership I could see available online would be $25.50 for a year fie me on Oahu in Hawaii.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
England Supporters club for me...Free to join as well. If asked, I plan to show a screenshot on my mobile phone
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by englisha
England Supporters club for me...Free to join as well. If asked, I plan to show a screenshot on my mobile phone
What page are you screenshotting?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:08 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Doctorslices
What page are you screenshotting?
Same problem here. There is nothing that a desk clerk would be able to accept. It appears a membership card is only available on a two-year paid subscription which is £75.

Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:17 pm

Since some days almost every US Hotel is more expensive. I saw that the MVP rate is equal to the Honors Rate so no more 20% discount to the Best available rate ?
Any suggestions ?! Hope this is a mistake.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by equinzo
Since some days almost every US Hotel is more expensive. I saw that the MVP rate is equal to the Honors Rate so no more 20% discount to the Best available rate ?
Any suggestions ?! Hope this is a mistake.
Welcome to posting on FlyerTalk, equinzo.

It varies by hotel, but the MVP rate is usually cancellable, while the lowest Member Discount rate is usually only advance purchase. So I don't see them as comparable, even if they did happen to be the exact same cost, but at many hotels I find (through "see more rates") that the MVP rate is even lower than all the other possible rates (Member Discount advance purchase, AAA cancellable, etc).

Not all hotels seem to offer MVP rates. And I don't know if all hotels that do offer MVP rates give the same discount for MVP rates. I just know that for the past couple months I've been consistently checking "see more rates" whenever I'm booking MVP (I did it sporadically before that), and so far everything under "see more rates" is more expensive, while the least expensive "see more rates" or two are typically advance purchase while MVP is cancellable.

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 2, 2020 at 9:50 pm
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Welcome to posting on FlyerTalk, equinzo.

It varies by hotel, but the MVP rate is usually cancellable, while the lowest Member Discount rate is usually only advance purchase. So I don't see them as comparable, even if they did happen to be the exact same cost, but at many hotels I find (through "see more rates") that the MVP rate is even lower than all the other possible rates (Member Discount advance purchase, AAA cancellable, etc).

Not all hotels seem to offer MVP rates. And I don't know if all hotels that do offer MVP rates give the same discount for MVP rates. I just know that for the past couple months I've been consistently checking "see more rates" whenever I'm booking MVP (I did it sporadically before that), and so far everything under "see more rates" is more expensive, while the least expensive "see more rates" or two are typically advance purchase while MVP is cancellable.
I just looked at one hotel I stay at a lot, and this time the MVP rate matches the Member rate; the pre-pay and limited cancellation (4 days in advance) rates are even lower.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
I just looked at one hotel I stay at a lot, and this time the MVP rate matches the Member rate; the pre-pay and limited cancellation (4 days in advance) rates are even lower.
This is exactly what i mean. We booked a road trip for May and every hotel booked with MVP Rate is now more expensive because the MVP rate is now on the same level as the honours members rate, so the MVP Rate is bookable but with much more less discount.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:42 pm

OK. This is a very serious development.

I'm checking hotels where I've been staying at MVP rates for years. The MVP discount has always been 20%. But as equinzo is noting, that's not true anymore. Example: Palmer House, 2/22-2/23. MVP rate is $128, same as the Honors discount rate. Semi-flex and pay in advance are lower.

I'm afraid the MVP gravy train may be ending.

If anyone can find examples where MVP is still 20% off standard rate, please post.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:00 pm

This is an example of what I'm seeing now. In the old days, the MVP rate would have been $135 less 20% = $108.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I booked a room for later this month on 1/30 and got an MVP rate of $103 at a HGI I’ve never stayed at before. The app now shows a rate of $122 which is equal to the HHonors rate. AAA and AARP are both at $109. Odd thing is that AAA and AARP prepay is $116. I’m hoping this is some short term database issue.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
I booked a room for later this month on 1/30 and got an MVP rate of $103 at a HGI I’ve never stayed at before. The app now shows a rate of $122 which is equal to the HHonors rate. AAA and AARP are both at $109. Odd thing is that AAA and AARP prepay is $116. I’m hoping this is some short term database issue.
Not a data base issue per se because rates can change by the hour depending on available capacity.

Bob H
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by BobH
Not a data base issue per se because rates can change by the hour depending on available capacity.

Bob H
I've never seen an MVP rate at the same level as the regular room rate. It's only been lower or not available. I also don't think I've ever seen (AAA/AARP) prepay rates higher than flexible (AAA/AARP) rates either. This doesn't seem like an availability issue. It seems to me that either MVP has come to an end or something is coded wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.