Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Room Phone Ringing Upon Mobile Check-Out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Room Phone Ringing Upon Mobile Check-Out

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:15 am

Just to follow up on this, I have stayed at several UK properties recently and used online check-in and digital key.

I have not once seen an option to check-out using the Android app.

Can anyone confirm whether this function actually exists for any UK properties?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kkong42
Just to follow up on this, I have stayed at several UK properties recently and used online check-in and digital key.

I have not once seen an option to check-out using the Android app.

Can anyone confirm whether this function actually exists for any UK properties?
Honestly, it would not surprise me if this functionality didn't exist in the UK, or in Europe or other parts of the world in general. One thing I have always noticed while traveling is that check-in / check-out in the U.S. is very informal and not even really necessary whereas in Europe it is a big, drawn-out process where they want passports, reviews of documents, signatures even for top-tier elites, physical card matching the one on file, and then ending with the printed folio folded and in an envelope. So since this seems to be the standard for whatever reason, it might make sense that online check-out isn't a thing.

Directly related to the core topic of the thread - got a ring after a recent mobile check-out at a Homewood.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Just a reminder that it isn't available past official checkout time for elites getting a couple of extra hours. I seem to recall, though wouldn't swear to it, that the phone rang for me at Hilton Garden Inn also.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Just a reminder that it isn't available past official checkout time for elites getting a couple of extra hours.
Yes, your reminder of this three posts upthread still holds.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Yes, your reminder of this three posts upthread still holds.
It's Very Important Information! 😉
arlflyer likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
One thing I have always noticed while traveling is that check-in / check-out in the U.S. is very informal and not even really necessary whereas in Europe it is a big, drawn-out process where they want passports, reviews of documents, signatures even for top-tier elites, physical card matching the one on file, and then ending with the printed folio folded and in an envelope. So since this seems to be the standard for whatever reason, it might make sense that online check-out isn't a thing.
Certainly not the case in the UK. No proof of identity or matching of credit cards is required, folio is offered by e-mail with printed version only upon request.

As a Diamond, I never even get asked for a card, they just ask if they can use the one already on file.

And with Digital Key, no need to even interact with the front desk at all.

With the lack of an Online Check-out, I am finding myself just leaving without checking out.

Although I would prefer to let them know when I have left so the room can be made up for the next guest.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kkong42
Certainly not the case in the UK. No proof of identity or matching of credit cards is required, folio is offered by e-mail with printed version only upon request.

As a Diamond, I never even get asked for a card, they just ask if they can use the one already on file.
Good to know; this sounds just like the U.S. Most places I go elsewhere in Europe, check-in/out is a huge production.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.