Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:41 pm

Best to email the resort and ask for a spa menu. They should have one in PDF format by now.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by mcab1123
I'm heading there in November on points and would love to check out the Spa treatments. I've searched and can't seem to find any specific details, does anyone know what the current Spa Treatment prices are? I've checked the website and other posts on FT.

Thanks!
The spa menu was one of the first things they uploaded when it opened. The original version had prices but the one they have uploaded no longer does - hopefully someone has it saved or screenshotted. I remember it being ~20% more than the Conrad.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:51 am

These are the rates pages from the spa menu I received from the resort few weeks before my stay.

Having Diamond status, I was offered the complimentary 30 minutes extra massage, worth ~$20. My SO was also offered the same with her scalp and facial treatments, even though she did not take the full 60 minute massage.

This photo is of the Starlight Ocean massage. At the time we visited to check out the spa, they were doing a photo shoot with their employees for the website.

They offer a refreshing Tamarind juice before and after (upon asking) the massage as well.

Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:51 am

Are you sure that's not ~200%
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
The Conrad Spa menu in the Wiki of the thread is from 2015 and lists a 90 minute hot stone at $179. So $260 here seems about right?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:50 am

I had planned to book the WA with my family for a week,
but even from the age of 12, they want the full price for the transfer 4x700 $ + tax and the remark no transfer by third.

OK, because I always work on solutions, the following idea came to me.
Booking of the transfer by third, but only to the island.

From now on the Privacy Policy is respected.
Now the Explorer 300 is used.
Price $ 29 Make then together $ 729 for 4 people Since we no longer come to the island through third parties,
this is the policy of WA observed or I see the wrong

Upon return, the explorer remains environmentally friendly
with the transfer service for the next guests.

Whether WA has something against it?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:20 pm

Erm, pardon?!
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:17 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by fixmobile
I had planned to book the WA with my family for a week,
but even from the age of 12, they want the full price for the transfer 4x700 $ + tax and the remark no transfer by third.

OK, because I always work on solutions, the following idea came to me.
Booking of the transfer by third, but only to the island.

From now on the Privacy Policy is respected.
Now the Explorer 300 is used.
Price $ 29 Make then together $ 729 for 4 people Since we no longer come to the island through third parties,
this is the policy of WA observed or I see the wrong

Upon return, the explorer remains environmentally friendly
with the transfer service for the next guests.

Whether WA has something against it?
No idea what your planning......but there is no cheaper way than the official transfer. You risk not being able to check in at all and destroying your trip.
If you believe it is too expensive, go somewhere else and have a more relaxing holiday. Your family with thank you.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by soy
No idea what your planning......but there is no cheaper way than the official transfer. You risk not being able to check in at all and destroying your trip.
If you believe it is too expensive, go somewhere else and have a more relaxing holiday. Your family with thank you.
I was confused at first then looked up Explorer 300.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:41 am

Love it!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: Continental; American; Delta
I’m here now and from all I’ve seen so far, this place is incredible. Yes it’s outrageously expensive, but I am very impressed with everything I’ve seen (except maybe the yacht transfer as that was just a nothing special 45 minute boat ride from the airport pier to the resort). I don’t understand all the .....ing and moaning regarding the facility as everything is off the charts; everything is spectacular! And just as a frame of reference, I’ve stayed at many “over the top” resorts all over this planet. I haven’t seen any issues with a lack of vegetation. And, as a matter fact, I think it’s the exact opposite as everything seems so fully grown and I am impressed with the vegetation and can only imagine how much more lush it will get in the coming months/years. The staff is top notch and everybody is so nice. My concierge is incredible! I’m in a beach villa with a view to kill for. I can completely understand why they have changed the beach villa from a “standard room” due to the fact that the beach in front of the villa is enormous and there is so much real estate associated with this beach villa as opposed to an overwater villa. I personally wanted the beach villa for the very reason that it had its own beach, so I’m actually kind of shocked that the beach villa was originally a “standard room”. If I had booked an overwater villa using points, I would have paid to upgrade to a beach villa in a heartbeat. Cheers!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:35 pm

thanks for that info, what room number did you get? do you like the location cheers
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:53 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by mctravel1
If I had booked an overwater villa using points, I would have paid to upgrade to a beach villa in a heartbeat.
This is quite a statement to make - for most places in the Maldives, BV < OWV.

I need to wait until I stay there myself, but at first glance it seems like a very hard sell to pay more for BV than OWV.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:28 pm

Mctravel1- have you been to the Maldives before, and where did you stay?

all these things are relative to our experiences, expectations etc.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: Continental; American; Delta
Originally Posted by escape4
This is quite a statement to make - for most places in the Maldives, BV < OWV.

I need to wait until I stay there myself, but at first glance it seems like a very hard sell to pay more for BV than OWV.
Agreed. But the “footprint” of the BV compared to the OVW is off the charts. I honestly cannot see why anyone would want an OWV here. I’ll try to attach photos so you can see my perspective - not used to posting from iPhone so hopefully it’ll work 🤓
EDIT - successfully upload photos. The rooms are all nearly identical (obvious exceptions to 1BR, 2BR,etc) so the only real difference is the “footprint” that each villa occupies. The BV is off the charts in terms of size. It is so peaceful and secluded. And listening to the waves crash on the beach is something you won’t get in OWV. That was a nice sound to wake up to this morning. I don’t see any issues that others posted re privacy between these villas. Maybe the foliage has grown dramatically in recent weeks/months but it is not obvious that there is a villa on either side (you can see the thatched roof but it’s not overly obvious or intrusive).

Walkway to beach

Beach in front of villa

View of sunrise this morning from my beach in front of villa

View in opposite direction from my beach in front of my villa

Originally Posted by sambo150
thanks for that info, what room number did you get? do you like the location cheers
Based on previous comments in this thread, I had requested a villa in the “600’s facing the lagoon”. I got 613 facing north. Having just spent the morning at breakfast facing the lagoon, I’m not sure it really matters which direction you are facing as both are phenomenal views. I’m very pleased. But I’d still request the 600’s. As you know, this place is ginormous- and if you are on one of the ends,
you are really far from everything (even with the golf cart).
EDIT - I’d still request the 600’s facing the lagoon. It wasn’t apparent to me until just now, but you can see Male from the north facing villas. There is a tall skyscraper in Male that is very visible. This doesn’t bother me, but I am sure others would not like the view as it detracts from the “middle of nowhere” concept.

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Mctravel1- have you been to the Maldives before, and where did you stay?

all these things are relative to our experiences, expectations etc.
Completely agree. We all have our own expectations based on our past experiences.

IMO, as far as the facilities and staff are concerned, it wouldn’t matter if this resort was in Iowa, Australia or the Maldives - it’s phenomenal! Again not to brag, but I’ve stayed at amazing places all over the world and I’m very impressed with this place.

See my reply above with pics for my perspective and reasoning as to why I think BV is superior to OWV. Again, it’s just 1 man’s opinion.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 6, 2019 at 4:51 pm Reason: Consolidation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.