Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Hi @goliath, when your daughter was 2.5 years old, how strict were they about her not being allowed alone into the Kids Club? Did you have to be with her/book a babysitter? Thank you.
It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, we were always there with her and for the other times we paid for the babysitter. The folio shows USD 16.20 incl. tax per each increment (of 1 hour, I assume?).
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:12 am

Hey guys, there were few posts about inflatable units last week. Quick q - is there an option to purchase anything onsite? I’ll be there in 2 weeks and I was hoping to use something very simple to float next to my overwater bungalow (just double pool mattress - nothing crazy). Tried couple of different items from Amazon but everything is almost 5kg. With 25kg luggage limit it’s pointless to take something that will use 20% of your luggage both in space and weight.
thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by MJJW1985
Hey guys, there were few posts about inflatable units last week. Quick q - is there an option to purchase anything onsite? I’ll be there in 2 weeks and I was hoping to use something very simple to float next to my overwater bungalow (just double pool mattress - nothing crazy). Tried couple of different items from Amazon but everything is almost 5kg. With 25kg luggage limit it’s pointless to take something that will use 20% of your luggage both in space and weight.
thanks!
Life jackets are available at the watersports center. They may be borrowed every morning, free of charge, and must be returned by 5:30 or 6 PM the same day so that the staff can dry them properly.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Life jackets are available at the watersports center. They may be borrowed every morning, free of charge, and must be returned by 5:30 or 6 PM the same day so that the staff can dry them properly.
Thanks but I'm asking about something that can be used to lay down on it and relax while floating on the water. Pretty much pool mattress etc.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by MJJW1985
Thanks but I'm asking about something that can be used to lay down on it and relax while floating on the water. Pretty much pool mattress etc.
Perhaps multiple life jackets and some sort of scaffolding to hold them in a raft shape.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:34 am

Perhaps multiple life jackets and some sort of scaffolding to hold them in a raft shape.
lol thanks... I guess that the answer is that - No, there is no option to lease/purchase anything like pool mattress that would float without any DIY work?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
The shop near the Vilu restaurant has inflatable devices in stock. But expect to pay a little bit /much more for it than anywhere else in the world.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
The shop near the Vilu restaurant has inflatable devices in stock. But expect to pay a little bit /much more for it than anywhere else in the world.
Awesome, thanks Tom!
I will return my 5kg - $50 pool mattress to Amazon now
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:49 am

LIke this maybe?

Probably a bit on the large side.

Actually if he bought enough Voss he could make one of these. Pretty cool!

Or, even better than the paddleboards.....!

Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:18 am

Menus with prices.....finally

Now on a more serious issue, that of menus and prices. Remember when they made that 'smart' move and removed all the prices from the menus? Well, the days of inconveniencing everybody is now over! About bleeding time too, I might add.

The website that Hilton has made specially for the Conrad has now got all the menus available to peruse and download should you wish. It's been spruced up and has got a nice gallery, among other things, with all their new pics (taken by drones), videos and 360 degree views of a lot of the areas.

Head on over to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island | Luxury Resort & Spa
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:18 pm

thanks! Although there are no prices on the Rangali Bar menus--I believe the Rangali Bar menu is the most reasonable, correct--is there a restaurant that has prices around the same prices as the Rangali Bar?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:11 pm

Oops, seems I didn't check all of them. That's a shame. However you're in luck because The Quiet Zone menu is exactly the same as Rangali Bar's. That has all the prices.

Hmm, it lists Vilu as being open until 11AM for breakfast while Atoll Market is open until 1030AM. Typo or actual? Anyody there now who can confirm this?

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Aug 8, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Now on a more serious issue, that of menus and prices. Remember when they made that 'smart' move and removed all the prices from the menus? Well, the days of inconveniencing everybody is now over! About bleeding time too, I might add.

The website that Hilton has made specially for the Conrad has now got all the menus available to peruse and download should you wish. It's been spruced up and has got a nice gallery, among other things, with all their new pics (taken by drones), videos and 360 degree views of a lot of the areas.

Head on over to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Luxury Resort & Spa
I'm not seeing prices on Mandhoo or Sunset menus...
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak

Hmm, it lists Vilu as being open until 11AM for breakfast while Atoll Market is open until 1030AM. Typo or actual? Anyody there now who can confirm this?
Interesting. I'd like too know too. I prefer Vilu and like to do the late breakfast/skip lunch strategy.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by JRV62
I'm not seeing prices on Mandhoo or Sunset menus...
Murphy's Law. The ones I look at all have prices so here's me thinking they all do. Sorry people!

And it's interesting as Sunset Grill now appears to be closed on Tuesdays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.