Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

My Challenge to Stay at Every Waldorf Astoria Hotel Globally

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Challenge to Stay at Every Waldorf Astoria Hotel Globally

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:21 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
There's a thread for that*

Best Waldorf Astoria properties in the world?

*The being flyertalk, there are probably at least five; I just linked to the first one google popped out.
Thanks! I didn’t even see that one.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Rizla
If Hilton did a Hotel challenge would you be tempted to complete it?

I am looking to visit/stay in every Waldorf Astoria globally. Would love to see if any others have this same motivation for visiting hotels. Currently I am also trying to fly every Airline in the world once....
No. Why?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
If Hilton did a Hotel challenge would you be tempted to complete it?
This is entirely hypothetical, with no concrete benefit stated in the hypothetical challenge, so... kinda a wishes-and-horses-and-wings type question. Would I? Sure, I have free time, fly internationally a lot, and WA's - while not my fave, are *okay*. But there would have to be a pretty nice hypothetical pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.

​​​
I am looking to visit/stay in every Waldorf Astoria globally. Would love to see if any others have this same motivation for visiting hotels.
We've all got hobbies. You do you.

Me, I only have "collected" hotels if they're all in an area I frequent, so as to gather a knowledge base of what properties are the best / favored for different stays.
For instance, I've stayed at most every HH property in the Las Vegas Strip area. I get down there a lot for trade shows, and used to hotel-hop to make Diamond, but I also picked different hotels from visit to visit to also see what's to my liking for the next, inevitable trip to that hellhole. (Next time I go, the new Homewood or the WA are the two properties I haven't been. I'll check them off my list just to say I know what's-what, don't die wondering, etc.).

I attempted to do the same thing in Bali last year, hopping the first visit to that area, so if I *do* park there for a bit in the future, I'll know which property I'd like to settle in to for a longer stay.

TDM
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:58 pm

My goal is to get all my bonus points to post properly.
EuropeanPete, :D!, wizla and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.