Hilton Price Match

Old Aug 12, 19, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Hilton Price Match

Has anyone ever used Hilton Price Match and can you share some advice on how increase your chances to be successful?

Case in point - I am a diamond member and can get a room for the 48 hour reservation guarantee at a hampton inn(even though the reservation isn't for another 2 months out). Of course the price is significantly marked up and I'm hoping to price match to something more reasonable.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice you may have.
Old Aug 12, 19, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Price match is a scam. With a lot of practice you might get a 10% success rate.

If a competing OTA is truly selling a sold-out hotel cheaply, just book with the OTA...
Old Aug 12, 19, 5:16 pm

I have been 5 out of 7 successful with price matches. The last 5 have been a success. The first 2 was unsuccessful because I didn't match the policy and the room type completely. I do believe in the BRG. It does work for sure. But it has to be a complete match. Using Agoda and Priceline has been the best for me. I have matched the Conrad Singapore, the Hilton Atlanta, and the Conrad Fort Lauderdale. This has saved me at least $1200 total.
Old Aug 13, 19, 8:32 am

I tried it once spent way too much time on the phone with rep, then supervisor, they agreed it was a legit. Never saw any reflection of it on my billing, no way of following up. Waste of time.
Old Aug 14, 19, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by royandmo View Post
I tried it once spent way too much time on the phone with rep, then supervisor, they agreed it was a legit. Never saw any reflection of it on my billing, no way of following up. Waste of time.
I would also like to add that 4 of my price matches were done before I booked with the Hilton. I saw the better price with Agoda/Priceline and called customer service for them to match. CSRs adjusted everything over the phone and booked the reservations themselves.

​​​​​​One reservation was booked as a semi-flex, but there was a better deal on Agoda for a non-refundable rate. I called and had them BRG the non-refundable rate. I then canceled the semi-flex reservation. I will say all of my BRG claims took about no more than 30 min to process. This is where speakerphone comes in handy, lol.

Sometimes, I would HUCA to get a rep that was experienced in processing BRGs. This avoids the frustration that you hear about with people trying to get these claims processed. It really makes a world of difference getting a rep who has done a BRG before.

Search this Thread