Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hilton website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta , Hilton (Diamond), Hertz (gold), AA (plat)
I can confirm that this is happening to me as well on the website. I have an iPhone though and also no problem on the app being able to see the breakdown of points for any particular stay.

--josh

Originally Posted by gooselee
I'm just now noticing the new page. Went in to check points on a stay, and nothing shows up for any of my past stays (and certainly no way to expand to see the usual details of base+bonus+promo points). Is this happening to anyone else?

I can still see everything in the Android app; just not sure if there's a new place to find this info on the actual website.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Thanks. At least I know I'm not alone!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 2:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I am getting two confirmation e-mails for each reservation I make.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by florens
I am getting two confirmation e-mails for each reservation I make.
same here
Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by sbams
same here
Yeah, I just made a last-minute Tru SLC airport reservation last night on the app, saw two emails -- was concerned I hit "book now" twice or something.

PS: Website sucks, agreed. I looked at the websites to find simple, easy to find info like on the last generation webpages (driving directions, policies, phone, etc.) and nothing's there other than a ton of scrolling to non-specific pretty photos. Everything else is hard to find. Boo new website.
SPN Lifer, lindsey1 and wizla like this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I too am glad that I am not alone with this. Just looking for my account transaction history yielded no results. Wasted quite a bit of time clicking around like an idiot, which I really hate doing. Why does everything with the internet seem to get worse and worse?
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
New reservations do not show up in my activity list even after 24 hours, despite getting a confirmation email.
On the other end, cancelled reservations remain on the active list way too long after they have been cancelled.
holmedown likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just started to travel again. The website is terrible. For larger cities or trying to view a list of many hotels, the site is virtually useless. I Told diamond representative that if I would use 3rd party site if I could keep member benefits. She said lots of customer complaints have been forwarded to Hilton IT, but they never get a response from IT. Why does the interactive map dominate the page and makes the list useless.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by cvg-aa
Just started to travel again. The website is terrible. For larger cities or trying to view a list of many hotels, the site is virtually useless. I Told diamond representative that if I would use 3rd party site if I could keep member benefits. She said lots of customer complaints have been forwarded to Hilton IT, but they never get a response from IT. Why does the interactive map dominate the page and makes the list useless.
Take your pick:
  • The boss said: "I want an interactive map" - so the programmers implemented an interactive map. Boss got kudos/raise so the map stays.
  • UX sensing session output: "They want an interactive map" - so the programmers implemented an interactive map. Since that was what the output from the session said, the map stays.
  • Management said: "Marriott/Hyatt/Best Western has an interactive map - we need one too" - so the programmers implemented an interactive map. Since that was one of their yearly evaluation goals for everyone, the map stays.
  • Some programmer(s) implemented an interactive map as a test case. The map was brought live but then the programmers were laid off due to CV-19. So the map stays.
David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.