Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Newcastle {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Newcastle {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Arrow Hampton by Hilton Newcastle {GBR}

I stay regularly in Newcastle and was pleased to see there will be a Hampton opening up in April 2015.

Anyone know if this is a new build or a rebrand of an existing hotel?

I doubt this will ever compete with the Airport Doubletree for my custom but it is great to see Hilton expanding its budget portfolio here. ^

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...XHX/index.html
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Kinda intesting, i say kinda because like you it would be hard to overtake the airport doubletree, perhaps it will take some business away for that and improve the airport offering even more so they stay competitive...

Looking on google maps there is a Thistle Hotel on Neville street but it appears to still be taking bookings later into 2015 so who knows...
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
I believe it is a converted office block . It is located opposite Central Station and near the County Thistle Hotel. If you are familiar with that part of the city
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by russ1h
I believe it is a converted office block . It is located opposite Central Station and near the County Thistle Hotel. If you are familiar with that part of the city
Yeah, I'm fairly sure it is here also as there has been major work going on for a while now. If you are standing outside the station facing the Thistle and Starbucks it is down to the right just past Starbucks.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by russ1h
Yes, I wondered if it was a converted office. I haven't actually noticed the Hampton construction in that area last time I passed through in September.

Convenience for the station is a big plus.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:50 am

Passed by this property this morning when leaving the station it looks like it is almost good to go.

All the signage is up but is currently covered up and there was an extremely large delivery of mattresses being taken in.

Looking at it from the outside the curtains and lightshades etc are all fitted in the rooms so opening now can't be far away.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Looking forward to this opening, although I understand there will be no on site car park.
Anybody know where the nearest car park is, presumably that would be the one they would've some sort of tie in with?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing
Looking forward to this opening, although I understand there will be no on site car park.
Anybody know where the nearest car park is, presumably that would be the one they would've some sort of tie in with?
The station car park is opposite and is probably the most convenient, at the weekends it is £8 for 24 hours or £23 for a long weekend. £15 per 24 hours during the week though.

Station parking prices

The City Council car parks also operate "Alive after five" which are free from 5pm. Grainger Town multistorey is the nearest one. Probably a brisk five to seven minute walk.

Alive after five
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Thanks for the info!

Sounds like the station would be the most convenient, just trying to work out how much an after 17.00 weekday arrival and after 08.30 departure the following morning would be!

Not sure whether I fancy the walk with baggage from the council one!
With the alive after five deal do you have to be out by a certain time?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:44 pm

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like the station would be the most convenient, just trying to work out how much an after 17.00 weekday arrival and after 08.30 departure the following morning would be!

Not sure whether I fancy the walk with baggage from the council one!
With the alive after five deal do you have to be out by a certain time?
Sorry meant to post that with the earlier post. Parking charges apply between 8am and 5pm.

Grainger Town MSCP
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:55 am

Managed to catch the earlier train from Edinburgh this morning and had some spare time so I ventured over as another delivery of mattresses was arriving and spoke to a young lady who is one of the management team.

The hotel is scheduled to open the third week in March. They don't have a definite date yet but she said they are fairly confident of achieving this.

She said the finishing touches were being done to the rooms - I did ask if I could take a look (it was worth a try) but she explained I couldn't due to H&S which was expected although she did have a folder with pictures etc of the work that has been done and what the rooms will look like along with a leaflet to takeaway.

I asked about car parking and she said they were recommending guests use Times Sq on Blenheim St (NE4 7AB is the post code) which is £12 for 24 hours. She said they haven't managed to sort out a discount deal yet but are hopeful that they will.

Hopefully that helps someone.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chrism20
Managed to catch the earlier train from Edinburgh this morning and had some spare time so I ventured over as another delivery of mattresses was arriving and spoke to a young lady who is one of the management team.

The hotel is scheduled to open the third week in March. They don't have a definite date yet but she said they are fairly confident of achieving this.

She said the finishing touches were being done to the rooms - I did ask if I could take a look (it was worth a try) but she explained I couldn't due to H&S which was expected although she did have a folder with pictures etc of the work that has been done and what the rooms will look like along with a leaflet to takeaway.

I asked about car parking and she said they were recommending guests use Times Sq on Blenheim St (NE4 7AB is the post code) which is £12 for 24 hours. She said they haven't managed to sort out a discount deal yet but are hopeful that they will.

Hopefully that helps someone.
Great info, Thanks!

Looking forward to another Hilton option in Newcastle, seems that lately the Bottle Bank place has jacked it's prices right up, the Airport Doubletree is getting most of my business at the moment!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Great info, Thanks!

Looking forward to another Hilton option in Newcastle, seems that lately the Bottle Bank place has jacked it's prices right up, the Airport Doubletree is getting most of my business at the moment!
I personally wouldn't be too cut up about having to use the DB over the Hilton
Looking forward to this 3rd option opening in Newcastle.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:01 pm

Great info, Thanks!

No problem, glad to help. I'm based in Edinburgh but work at least one day a week in Newcastle at the moment so will try and take another look in the next week or so to see if there is any changes.

Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
I personally wouldn't be too cut up about having to use the DB over the Hilton
Looking forward to this 3rd option opening in Newcastle.
I was thinking the same thing tbh. If I bring the car to Newcastle these days I use the Doubletree and get the Metro into town and if I am on the train I switch to IHG and stay at the Indigo or HI Jesmond.

Slightly off topic on the Hilton forum but there is a Crowne Plaza opening in the City Centre in the summer maybe it will be the kick up the proverbial that the Hilton needs as it is at best poor.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chrism20
No problem, glad to help. I'm based in Edinburgh but work at least one day a week in Newcastle at the moment so will try and take another look in the next week or so to see if there is any changes.

I was thinking the same thing tbh. If I bring the car to Newcastle these days I use the Doubletree and get the Metro into town and if I am on the train I switch to IHG and stay at the Indigo or HI Jesmond.

Slightly off topic on the Hilton forum but there is a Crowne Plaza opening in the City Centre in the summer maybe it will be the kick up the proverbial that the Hilton needs as it is at best poor.
Have looked at some of the IHG properties in Newcastle, wasn't sure about parking at the indigo or the HI Jesmond, seemed to recall it being on a main road.

Agreed about the Hilton Gateshead, needs a good kick up something!

I wonder whether the CP will be parking friendly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.