Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade from Ascend to Aspire.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by san888
Thanks for the data points. I guess I have several more weeks. I upgraded April 1.
I just went into my email and looked. I upgraded on November 5th and got the free night certificate by email on January 8th, so almost 2 months exactly. Somehow I missed the second email from Hilton with the actual code and only found it by doing a search a couple of weeks after they sent it.

This was the Subject line from AMEX that I got: You've received an Annual Weekend (Email said you will get a second email from Hilton with the code to use)

The same day(about 13 hours later) I received a message from Hilton with the Subject line of: Your Reward has arrived!
Old May 1, 2019, 1:38 am

My email says an upgrade offer expires on May 31, I didn't see mention of an offer expiration date through the link on my website account. Are those separate offers? I have about 20 days coming up mid-Aug/mid-Sep where the Diamond status and double points promotion would come in handy. However, if I upgrade by May 31, the 3 months is over at the end of August, when I could only manage about 12 hotel nights, and was hoping for the hotel spend to be a good chunk of the 4k (rest during the holiday itself). If the website link offer has a later expiration, I would prefer to wait until July to upgrade to ensure that most of the holiday spend counts towards the 4k. I realize not being able to charge 8 more hotel nights isn't the biggest obstacle to overcome to reach the minimum spend, it just makes it easier.

Any advice? Request the upgrade on May 31 through the email or website (probably doesn't matter) since that has a definite expiration date? Or wait and hope the online account offer lasts longer?
Old May 2, 2019, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by san888
Thanks for the data points. I guess I have several more weeks. I upgraded April 1.
It may not be a consistent amount of delay. I think mine took longer (I think of it as "it took months"), but I don't remember specifics. But it could be, for example, that they issue certificates on a particular fixed day of the month, on whatever month is some amount of time after you upgraded. In which case, it would vary by many weeks from one person to the next depending on when exactly in the month you upgraded. I'm not saying I know that's how this works, I just know from many experiences that's the way many things in the miles/points/awards world work, done by periodic "sweeps".rather than a consistent delay from some activity.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Upgrade Ascend to Aspire

I just upgraded my Ascend to an Aspire. Does any know when the charges will start counting towards the Aspire bonus categories and multipliers and the bonus spend requirement. Do I have to wait until I get the new card in the mail or does it happen instantly (It said I could continue to use the old card until the new one came)?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:00 pm

It's the same card number, but wait a few hours until your online login shows the Aspire instead of the Ascend -- and the benefits page updates -- before you start spending to be sure.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Does doing this still allow you to get the 150k points? Or else I would apply as a new card and later cancel Ascend

thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Does doing this still allow you to get the 150k points? Or else I would apply as a new card and later cancel Ascend

thanks!
Yes. 150k for $4k spend.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
I just upgraded my Ascend to an Aspire. Does any know when the charges will start counting towards the Aspire bonus categories and multipliers and the bonus spend requirement. Do I have to wait until I get the new card in the mail or does it happen instantly (It said I could continue to use the old card until the new one came)?
Charges start counting immediately. I upgraded Ascend->Aspire online and spent a good chunk (around $1,500, also online) about 1 minute later. I took screenshots of the approval of the upgrade and the time-stamped confirmation of the charge as it occurred to me that there might be a lag before the spend would count towards the bonus but there was no problem at all. I spent a lot in the next week or so using the old card before the new card arrived and the bonus posted quite normally after my next statement.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
How long does it take Amex to upgrade it in your account? I upgraded NF to Ascend this morning, and it still isn't changed on my account. I assume 12-24 hours?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by George M
How long does it take Amex to upgrade it in your account? I upgraded NF to Ascend this morning, and it still isn't changed on my account. I assume 12-24 hours?
Mine was instant. Which was why I felt comfortable starting the spend immediately. I logged out and logged back in and it already said Aspire. It took about two or three days for the email to arrive. But I got an email that my Amex “was successfully updated in Apple Pay on your phone because you recently changed your Card or requested a replacement Card” within an hour. Go figure.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Mine was instant. Which was why I felt comfortable starting the spend immediately. I logged out and logged back in and it already said Aspire. It took about two or three days for the email to arrive. But I got an email that my Amex “was successfully updated in Apple Pay on your phone because you recently changed your Card or requested a replacement Card” within an hour. Go figure.
Huh, I took a screenshot of the approval screen and it was about 10 hours ago, but when I logged into my Amex account, it still shows the NF card as just a card, not an Ascend. I'll just keep an eye on it, and look for a confirmation email.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:39 pm

Huh, I took a screenshot of the approval screen and it was about 10 hours ago, but when I logged into my Amex account, it still shows the NF card as just a card, not an Ascend. I'll just keep an eye on it, and look for a confirmation email.
Mine was about 6 hours ago and nothing yet.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

thanks!

Yes. 150k for $4k spend.
thank you
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:15 am

My account updated overnight. No e-mail yet though. It will be interesting to see how my charges from yesterday code as I had a gas station, grocery store, and restaurant. Interestingly, in my apple wallet my last charge now says Aspire where last night that same charge said Ascend.

thank you
No problem. It was listed under my offers on my AmEx login page.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:27 am

My account updated overnight. No e-mail yet though.
Mine updated shortly after I submitted that comment. It now says Ascend.
Now, I'm curious how long I should wait to upgrade my existing Ascend to Aspire. I don't want to risk the upgrade offer ending, but I don't want to commit to what would essentially be a $7K spend in 3 months for 300K bonus points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.